Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Old 26th November 2009, 01:14   #16

Default Hi

Hi folks

Finally met up with Mr Uday Bhan Singh and he gave my jeep a real thorough inspection.

The jeep seems to be 90 % original early 1960's Willy's 3JCB. Most of the body is original except the bonnet , front wheel cover area amd the swing type back door. That explains why there are no grooves on the side of the bonnet.

The engine is original petrol engine and the transmission is 3 gear with the four wheel drive active.

Apart form the changes already discussed earlier like the cutting of the bull bars on the front fender, changing the seats and removing the folding canopy frame, the jeeps requires basic servicing and some minor repairs like exhaust pipe, ignition, brakes, changing the tyres to NDMS and steering wheel work. It will also require a basic paint job.

Very indebted to Uday Bhan to take so much time and give me advise to bring get the jeep running.

Hope to start work from next month and get the jeep on road by January.

Regards

Amrit
royamrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2009, 09:50   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

@MM540:

DD obviously knows UBS. If you see his previous posts you will understand his wacky sense of humor :-).

DD:

Isn't it time to change your avatar from your International Scout to your new steed?
4x4addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2009, 08:24   #18
Senior - BHPian

congrats. You own a great piece of machine. My only suggestion is remove all the fake parts & restore it to its ORIGINAL glory. Thats were the best you have to do in restoring a CJ jeep.

Though its time taking, try to source the parts and list them what you wan't, we are ready to help you what ever way we could. Not forget UBS, he has the whole inventory.
Ramsagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2009, 10:11   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
....DD: Isn't it time to change your avatar from your International Scout to your new steed?
And whats the new steed? A 4x4 Sumo/Bolero? I think he was searching for a good Himalayan tourer for quite a long time. It deserves a new thread i guess (if i haven't missed it already).
Kandisa is offline   Reply With Quote