Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2010, 23:18   #91
Senior - BHPian
 
predatorwheelz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Delhi/Kolkata
Posts: 1,652
Thanked: 1,097 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrisharm View Post
Oh yea Cougar, the ICY BLUE. The only place i have seen that coloured gypsy is in the Gypsy website. But Must say it looks fantastic!
AFAIK, that particular shade of blue was never offered ex factory by Maruti on the Gypsy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepHyde View Post
Sir, I admire your resolute patience factored by the budget constrains. I hope and sincerely wish that your 'Project Nomad' sees daylight soon.

I am myself hunting for Gypsy/MM550 (for lack of better options, for more or less similar reasons/needs as yours) within my own limited budget; lets see what comes my way.

Best of Luck & Regards

Jeet
Thank you buddy. Yes, its true. Finding a decent MPFi example at my budget is proving almost impossible, and I feel a lot of my earlier supporters have lost faith in the project.. But the search is still on, believe you me. Project Nomad will see the light of day.
predatorwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2010, 05:18   #92
BHPian
 
COUGAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 538
Thanked: 83 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
AFAIK, that particular shade of blue was never offered ex factory by Maruti on the Gypsy.
it was. 4 colors are on offer infact. But choosing any color other than white or red means increased wait times.
COUGAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2010, 11:29   #93
Senior - BHPian
 
Desmosedici's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,381
Thanked: 405 Times
Default

@predator,

why dont you try army auctions, MPFIs have now started to flow in.
Desmosedici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2010, 11:34   #94
BHPian
 
amrisharm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: siliguri/Darj
Posts: 504
Thanked: 298 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
@predator,

why dont you try army auctions, MPFIs have now started to flow in.
Hi Desmosedici, any idea as to the price at which the ex-army MPFI's are being sold for? I hear that carb gypsy kings (99-02) are going for about 1-1.25 lakhs. Also in your opinion, should a person with no detailed mechanical knowledge take up this project of restoration? After reading the many many threads it seems restoring a gypsy is a majro project indeed, so just curious to know if a newbie like me should go down this road or should i keep looking for a privately used MPFI?.
amrisharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2010, 12:03   #95
Senior - BHPian
 
pdev29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,037
Thanked: 258 Times
Default

Roy Amit ko phone kar pune me hi hai banda, will help you in fabrication. he just did some good job with hood on his Jeep
pdev29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2010, 16:20   #96
BHPian
 
COUGAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 538
Thanked: 83 Times
Default

@Devang: what fabrication?
COUGAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2010, 08:33   #97
BHPian
 
AltoHoncho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 581
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Came across an ad , 2006 mpfi gypsy for sale in Delhi . asking is around 4... you're travelling next month there so check that out, here's the trovit link...
Well Maintained and cared for Maruti Gypsy King MPFI for SALE Vehicles from New Delhi Delhi @ Adpost.com Classifieds > India > Well Maintained and cared for Maruti Gypsy King MPFI for SALE Vehicles from New Delhi Delhi ,free,indian,classified ad,clas
the ad mentions the owner as 'Harjeev', is this the same from the tbhp !!
AltoHoncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2010, 10:12   #98
BHPian
 
starter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 900
Thanked: 261 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoHoncho View Post
Came across an ad , 2006 mpfi gypsy for sale in Delhi . asking is around 4... you're travelling next month there so check that out, here's the trovit link...
Well Maintained and cared for Maruti Gypsy King MPFI for SALE Vehicles from New Delhi Delhi @ Adpost.com Classifieds > India > Well Maintained and cared for Maruti Gypsy King MPFI for SALE Vehicles from New Delhi Delhi ,free,indian,classified ad,clas
the ad mentions the owner as 'Harjeev', is this the same from the tbhp !!
This Gypsy ad is indeed from our tbhp member Harjeev.
As far as i know, his Gypsy is sold.
Cheers,
Deepak
starter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2010, 10:27   #99
Senior - BHPian
 
headers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Greater Chennai
Posts: 4,548
Thanked: 424 Times
Default

Any progress on this project Nomad?

One could also pick a carb gypsy king from the market and plonk a 1.3, 1.6 or 1.8 MPFi in it by any competent mechanic.
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2010, 10:56   #100
BHPian
 
AltoHoncho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 581
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Any progress on this project Nomad?

One could also pick a carb gypsy king from the market and plonk a 1.3, 1.6 or 1.8 MPFi in it by any competent mechanic.
Headers,
What is this TPC? your undersign says Winner TPC / Runner TPC... didnt get that.
AltoHoncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2010, 10:59   #101
Senior - BHPian
 
harjeev's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,896
Thanked: 256 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoHoncho View Post
Came across an ad , 2006 mpfi gypsy for sale in Delhi . asking is around 4... you're travelling next month there so check that out, here's the trovit link...
Well Maintained and cared for Maruti Gypsy King MPFI for SALE Vehicles from New Delhi Delhi @ Adpost.com Classifieds > India > Well Maintained and cared for Maruti Gypsy King MPFI for SALE Vehicles from New Delhi Delhi ,free,indian,classified ad,clas
the ad mentions the owner as 'Harjeev', is this the same from the tbhp !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
This Gypsy ad is indeed from our tbhp member Harjeev.
As far as i know, his Gypsy is sold.
Cheers,
Deepak
Starter is right. I sold the vehicle in June this year.
@AltoHonco: However there is another very well maintained Carb Gypsy that is owned by a friend of mine. If interested please pm me your number and I would give you the details of the Seller.
harjeev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2010, 11:43   #102
BHPian
 
AltoHoncho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 581
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Thanks Harjeev, but at the moment I dont have plans/right know-how/budget to get into this genre. Maybe if Predatorwheels is interested, as he's very much into the off-roading kinds.
@Predator (dada) - In case you've finalized a trip next month to delhi, you should check this.
AltoHoncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2010, 14:36   #103
BHPian
 
amrisharm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: siliguri/Darj
Posts: 504
Thanked: 298 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Starter is right. I sold the vehicle in June this year.
@AltoHonco: However there is another very well maintained Carb Gypsy that is owned by a friend of mine. If interested please pm me your number and I would give you the details of the Seller.

Hi Harjeev, just curious to know, you were asking for 4.3 lakhs for your gypsy, if u dont mind me asking how much did u eventually sell it for?
amrisharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2010, 16:36   #104
BHPian
 
discoverwild's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 652
Thanked: 855 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoHoncho View Post
Headers,
What is this TPC? your undersign says Winner TPC / Runner TPC... didnt get that.
Winner of The Palar Challenge.
Runner up of The Palar Challenge.
discoverwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2010, 23:08   #105
Senior - BHPian
 
harjeev's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,896
Thanked: 256 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrisharm View Post
Hi Harjeev, just curious to know, you were asking for 4.3 lakhs for your gypsy, if u dont mind me asking how much did u eventually sell it for?
No at all! You could say that I sold it for about 5-10% less the amount I was expecting. And after the deal now the new owner happens to be a good friend and I didn't know the new owner before the deal.
harjeev is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Quest to Build the Ultimate 2nd gen Mitsubishi 3000GT (& Hello from the USA) Markingtime The International Automotive Scene 6 4th May 2013 16:37
My quest to build a AC Cobra Replica Harrie Modifications & Accessories 19 1st September 2010 10:28
Project Nomad: Solar Power for charging batteries! COUGAR Modifications & Accessories 12 12th July 2010 00:47


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:41.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks