Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2012, 11:22   #271
BHPian
 
starter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 900
Thanked: 263 Times
Default re: Brand new MG413W. EDIT : King completes 20000 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan View Post
Hi Deepak,

Can you pl share a snap of the black metal wheels you are planning on fitting. Are these similar to the offset wheels that came with Samurais abroad.

Thanks,
Neville
Hey Neville,
Here are some pictures. I've taken it from Swastik's FB page.
Brand new MG413W. EDIT : King completes 20000 kms-black_1.jpg

Brand new MG413W. EDIT : King completes 20000 kms-black_2.jpg
You could contact Vijay directly if you like these.
Cheers,
Deepak
starter is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2012, 21:48   #272
BHPian
 
sandeepgnair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 57
Thanked: 11 Times
Default re: Brand new MG413W. EDIT : King completes 20000 kms

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for your pm.

I will keep a watch on this thread. Do post updates buddy. Cheers!!
sandeepgnair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2012, 22:00   #273
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 826
Thanked: 113 Times
Default re: Brand new MG413W. EDIT : King completes 20000 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
Dear Friends,
When i bought my Gypsy, Khan gave me spidey's front facing rear seat.
I replaced my side facing seats with these.
They were a lot more comfortable than the side seats.
Thanks a lot Khan for gifting me with these seats.

Now, I no longer would need them since my parents would travel more in wifey's Polo.
Hence, I would like to offer these to another Jeep/Gypsy owner.
I've put some extra cushion and fabric seat covers and got the legs painted.
They can be fitted straight away.
Please let me know if somebody is in need of it.

Cheers,
Deepak
Hi Deepak

I would like to consider putting them in my new Gypsy. Do you have any pics of the same?

Thanks
--Rahul
Ragul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2012, 10:57   #274
BHPian
 
starter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 900
Thanked: 263 Times
Default re: Brand new MG413W. EDIT : King completes 20000 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
Hi Deepak

I would like to consider putting them in my new Gypsy. Do you have any pics of the same?

Thanks
--Rahul
Dear Rahul,
There is already a friend who has asked for it.
I shall check with him and if he wouldn't need it, i shall let you know.
You could find some pictures of the rear seat here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...ml#post1855482
Cheers,
Deepak
starter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2012, 12:28   #275
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 826
Thanked: 113 Times
Default re: Brand new MG413W. EDIT : King completes 20000 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
Dear Rahul,
There is already a friend who has asked for it.
I shall check with him and if he wouldn't need it, i shall let you know.
You could find some pictures of the rear seat here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...ml#post1855482
Cheers,
Deepak
No its ok, I was going to PM You saying I haven't really decided if I want front facing seats yet, so I don't really mind at this stage.

Cheers
--Rahul
Ragul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2012, 17:13   #276
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 226
Thanked: 313 Times
Default re: Brand new MG413W. EDIT : King completes 20000 kms

Hi Starter,

Firstly let me congratulate you for buying a distinct vehicle like the gypsy. It's been my childhood dream to own her and hopefully i will sooner than later.

Regarding the black metal wheels, can you post few pictures of your ride if you have already installed them?

Thanks in advance.
trek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2012, 12:03   #277
BHPian
 
starter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 900
Thanked: 263 Times
Default re: Brand new MG413W. EDIT : King completes 20000 kms

Dear Friends,
The Gypsy is doing just fine and has clocked a little over 20000 clicks.
It is due for its third service (3 years) in october.
Off-late, am getting a strange smell from the car once the engine's heated up.
It feels like burnt oil smell but i see no oil stains on the engine case or any smoke or power loss or any of this.
Any clue on what could be wrong or what needs to be checked?
Cheers,
Deepak

PS: @Trek, have not bought the wheels from Vijay yet. But you can definitely find some pictures on Swastik Fabs facebook page. Here you go: http://www.facebook.com/swastikfabs
starter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2012, 18:36   #278
Newbie
 
bonziibuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 22
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Brand new MG413W. EDIT : King completes 20000 kms

Hi all! I'm posting after a really long time .. Well just wanted to upload a pic of my Gypsy which i took after reading this same thread! Its an excellent car, great ownership value but i'm not using it at all :( As i understood that i've got this baby without understanding my actual requirements .. My driver Mahindra is given the responsibility of taking it for a spin of about 4-5 kms every Sunday that too only on Tar roads ;p

I'm more of a fast luxurious car person who prefers luxury more than off-roading ;p

Took a Merc Avantgarde C class after that!!!

Anyways i'm trying to upload few pics .. hope you like them !!!
Attached Images
 
bonziibuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2012, 12:49   #279
BHPian
 
drbones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bhimavaram
Posts: 87
Thanked: 188 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Brand new MG413W. EDIT : King completes 20000 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonziibuddy View Post
Hi all! I'm posting after a really long time .. Well just wanted to upload a pic of my Gypsy which i took after reading this same thread! Its an excellent car, great ownership value but i'm not using it at all :( As i understood that i've got this baby without understanding my actual requirements .. My driver Mahindra is given the responsibility of taking it for a spin of about 4-5 kms every Sunday that too only on Tar roads ;p

I'm more of a fast luxurious car person who prefers luxury more than off-roading ;p

Took a Merc Avantgarde C class after that!!!

Anyways i'm trying to upload few pics .. hope you like them !!!
bonziibuddy, very sad for your gypsy. a very neat looking gypsy you have . Gypsy is built for offroad, take your gypsy for offroading one weekend. You will change your mind for ever. Good luck for you to start offroading brother.
drbones is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2012, 11:04   #280
BHPian
 
satan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 355
Thanked: 801 Times
Default Re: Brand new MG413W. EDIT : King completes 20000 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
Dear Friends,
Off-late, am getting a strange smell from the car once the engine's heated up.
It feels like burnt oil smell but i see no oil stains on the engine case or any smoke or power loss or any of this.
Any clue on what could be wrong or what needs to be checked?
Did you get the car serviced recently? Its not unusual for service folk to spray oil/ diesel on the leaf springs to keep them from creaking and also on the underchassis. This oil that is stuck to the exhaust can cause the smell you refer to. But it should go away after a couple of days of continuous driving.
satan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2012, 19:42   #281
BHPian
 
starter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 900
Thanked: 263 Times
Default Re: Brand new MG413W. EDIT : King completes 20000 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan View Post
Did you get the car serviced recently? Its not unusual for service folk to spray oil/ diesel on the leaf springs to keep them from creaking and also on the underchassis. This oil that is stuck to the exhaust can cause the smell you refer to. But it should go away after a couple of days of continuous driving.
Hey Neville,
Thanks for the tip. I did try checking the under chassis for any oil stains/leaks and did not find any. The smell did not go away after driving a few hundred kms and couple of weeks. So, thought of posting here to check with you all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
Dear Friends,
The Gypsy is doing just fine and has clocked a little over 20000 clicks.
It is due for its third service (3 years) in october.
Off-late, am getting a strange smell from the car once the engine's heated up.
It feels like burnt oil smell but i see no oil stains on the engine case or any smoke or power loss or any of this.
Any clue on what could be wrong or what needs to be checked?
Cheers,
Deepak
Another short update. Got the car serviced last week at Mandovi Motors.
All the usual lubricants replaced and the Gypsy is running just fine.
Regarding this burnt oil smell, it was detected as a loose nut at the engine cover which was leaving a mild oil stain on the exhaust manifold.
With the nut tightened now, there is no longer the oil burnt smell.

That's about it, for now.
Cheers,
Deepak
starter is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2012, 07:24   #282
Senior - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 8,053
Thanked: 5,304 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter
Dear Friends,
The Gypsy is doing just fine and has clocked a little over 20000 clicks.
It is due for its third service (3 years) in october.
Off-late, am getting a strange smell from the car once the engine's heated up.
It feels like burnt oil smell but i see no oil stains on the engine case or any smoke or power loss or any of this.
Any clue on what could be wrong or what needs to be checked?
Cheers,
Deepak

PS: @Trek, have not bought the wheels from Vijay yet. But you can definitely find some pictures on Swastik Fabs facebook page. Here you go: http://www.facebook.com/swastikfabs
The Gypsy was famous for that sweet smell of unburnt gases if driven quickly.
Especially the soft top.
What used to happen in my old Soft and hard top Gyp's was that a sort of vaccuum was created right behind the vehicle when it is driven at speed and air rushes to fill that space up. Since the exhaust is right there, the space fills up with air laden with unburnt gases. The whole vehicle becomes redolent with the sweet smell of unburnt petrol.
I don't know if what you are experiencing is this same phenomenon, but I thought it worth sharing.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2012, 20:44   #283
Newbie
 
bonziibuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 22
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Brand new MG413W. EDIT : King completes 20000 kms

Hi all, News is that i have just booked a BMW x1 and now finally have to sell my Gypsy King MH 12 FU 5010 for 5.75 lacs.. Just edited and uploaded the advt in the Team-Bhp classified forums.. Advt may take a few hrs to get approved i think .. here is the possible link

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...ti/Gypsy.html/

Btw to keep you informed in advance it is for immediate sale immaculate condition 2010 Model and 6100 kms done that too only in city/ highway.. Thanks in advance..

I hope moderators approve this post as I have just posted a link to my Team-BHP advt...

Kapil
bonziibuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2012, 21:18   #284
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 115
Thanked: 64 Times
Default Re: Brand new MG413W. EDIT : King completes 20000 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
Dear Friends,
The Gypsy is doing just fine and has clocked a little over 20000 clicks.
It is due for its third service (3 years) in october.
Off-late, am getting a strange smell from the car once the engine's heated up.
It feels like burnt oil smell but i see no oil stains on the engine case or any smoke or power loss or any of this.
Any clue on what could be wrong or what needs to be checked?
Cheers,
Deepak
Just go under the gyp and check if the fuel-supply hose is clamped shut. It's common for that rubber hose to get damaged near the clamp, and leak raw fuel...
vivekjayasheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2013, 23:14   #285
Newbie
 
bonziibuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 22
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Brand new MG413W. EDIT : King completes 20000 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbones View Post
bonziibuddy, very sad for your gypsy. a very neat looking gypsy you have . Gypsy is built for offroad, take your gypsy for offroading one weekend. You will change your mind for ever. Good luck for you to start offroading brother.
Hi Drbones thanks for review. Gypsy is an amazing car no doubt. I had to sell it as I think it deserves a geniune Gypsy lover and it was lying in my garage ..!
bonziibuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Swift DZire VDi - 20000 Kms Update - Few Problems SumitBahl Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 40 27th March 2011 18:35
Maruti Gypsy MG413W - King Pin Bearing issue gsferrari 4x4 Technical 86 9th March 2011 17:25
Buying the new MG413W HT (Gypsy King): Now bought a Bolero sriku SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 20 18th July 2009 13:16


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:29.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks