Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Old 16th March 2013, 22:33   #286
BHPian

Default Re: Brand new MG413W. EDIT : King completes 20000 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
The Gypsy was famous for that sweet smell of unburnt gases if driven quickly.
Especially the soft top.
I don't know if what you are experiencing is this same phenomenon, but I thought it worth sharing.
Hey Shankar,
Thanks for the tip.
Unfortunately, this smell i had been experiencing was not of the unburnt petrol fumes but of a serious oil burn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
Another short update. Got the car serviced last week at Mandovi Motors.
Regarding this burnt oil smell, it was detected as a loose nut at the engine cover which was leaving a mild oil stain on the exhaust manifold.
With the nut tightened now, there is no longer the oil burnt smell.
Well, i guess, i was too soon in posting the above statement.
As i drove on, i noticed that the burnt oil smell is back and so were most of the complaints i had mentioned at Mandovi. Maybe because, it was my first time there.

Anyway, called up Sardar at Surakshaa and fixed up an appointment for this Thursday.
We jacked up the car and inspected the entire under-body and noticed that there was an oil leak from the gear-box through the gear-oil drain nut.
This oil was falling on the silencer and thus the burnt oil smell.

With the dog-bone shackle, i see that my shackle bushes get eaten quite soon. Anyways, got all the 8 of them replaced, both front and rear together.

Got the Gypsy back on Friday and it feels tight and great. Thanks to Sardar.
I am one happy customer of Surakshaa.

Cheers,
Deepak

PS: Next mod is definitely the AC. @Jaggu: Will try to call you.

Last edited by starter : 16th March 2013 at 22:43.
starter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2013, 22:40   #287
BHPian

Default Gypsy Parts Catalogue

Dear Friends,
Today, i finally managed to get hold of the Maruti Suzuki Parts Catalogue for the Gypsy King.
I am attaching a couple of pictures of the same.
Name:  20130316 22.26.31.jpg
Views: 2547
Size:  143.7 KB

Name:  20130316 22.26.53.jpg
Views: 2544
Size:  135.8 KB
I paid 223.00 Rs for the same. I shall try to scan the booklet and upload it onto TBHP Server in the next weeks.
But, if any fellow Gypsy owner would like to have a copy, just let me know and i could buy it and courier it for you.

Cheers,
Deepak
starter is offline   (11) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2014, 14:10   #288

Hi,

Sorry to hijack, but I have a small query and am asking here instead of starting a new thread

I recently bought a (new) second hand Gypsy, its a 2006 King (I will start my ownership thread on it soon !) However I have been looking for someone experienced with Gypsies to service and help look after her. I gathered from this thread that sirs Sawyer and bonziibuddy have been maintaining their Gypsies in Pune.
Sawyer, sir from your ownership thread I read that you knew of a MASS with an experienced Gypsy mechanic. Could you'll please advise with where to get her serviced and maintained in Pune?
ronny21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2014, 06:10   #289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronny21 View Post
Hi,

I read that you knew of a MASS with an experienced Gypsy mechanic. Could you'll please advise with where to get her serviced and maintained in Pune?
The MASS at Baner, approximately opposite Greenpark hotel has been doing a very good job keeping my car in very good shape.
Sawyer is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2014, 20:14   #290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
The MASS at Baner, approximately opposite Greenpark hotel has been doing a very good job keeping my car in very good shape.
Thank you sir! Will visit them for the next due service.

On a side note, a little bit of local querying has revealed that the Wonder Cars service centre in Bhosari has a lot of experienced Gypsy mechanics, given that army cars are brought there for major issues.
Old 4th December 2014, 13:21   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronny21 View Post
Hi,

However I have been looking for someone experienced with Gypsies to service and help look after her. Could you'll please advise with where to get her serviced and maintained in Pune?
You can try SMS (Shetty Maruti Service) Jagtap Dairy or Baner branch. He has two gypsies of his own prepared for offroading (one has attended TPC and major events across west India) and all our group's Gypsies (15 +) are being maintained/restored by him.
As he is authorized Maruti service center, you will always get genuine spares at his workshops.

Shubhendra
Shubhendra is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2014, 23:10   #292

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
You can try SMS (Shetty Maruti Service) Jagtap Dairy or Baner branch. He has two gypsies of his own prepared for offroading (one has attended TPC and major events across west India) and all our group's Gypsies (15 +) are being maintained/restored by him.
As he is authorized Maruti service center, you will always get genuine spares at his workshops.

Shubhendra
Thanks a lot! It's great to learn of the Gypsy community in town! I will surely visit SMs as soon as possible, at least to learn from him!
Old 17th February 2017, 12:45   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Friends,

Let me share the list of accessories/add-ons that i've installed on my Gypsy since delivery.

First addition on the Gypsy was tyres. The original tyres that came with Gypsy was CEAT F78 R15 (205, 70, R15). I replaced these to BF Goodrich All Terrain tyres (215, 75, R15). I got the tyres through my dealer's contact. The price for BFGs was 23K for a set of 5. The dealer took back my OEM tyres for 11K.

Close up of BFGs
Attachment 232672

Next set of accessories, my sales advisor suggested a place near Sagar, called Top Car. It is right opposite to Apollo Hospital, Jayanagar. This is exactly where wifey's Alto (she calls it Diva ) also got its accessories. List of accessories that i purchased:

JVC head unit with USB/iPod input
2 simple Pioneer speakers
Mobile charging socket
3M sun films
Car cover
Car shampoo

JVC head unit
Attachment 232673

Am not a big fan of loud music. So, i did not want to have an amp, a sub-woofer, not even speakers at the back. With Gypsy, having speakers at the back is also a problem.
  • No carpet at the back yet. So, was not sure if these speaker boxes would cause a problem.
  • These speaker boxes might also be a problem while installing front facing seats.
  • If placed completely at the back, had to drill some holes on the body.
With all these reasons, i said no for speakers at the back. Coming to the speakers in the front, Gypsy comes with 2 small cubby holes at the front, for speakers, i guess. On the right side, it is near to the accelerator pedal (on the right side). Similar on the left side as well. We tried placing the speakers there. The size of the hole is too small and hence very small speakers. Once you start the car, you can hardly hear a thing. So, the accessories guy suggested to place the speakers on top of the B pillar. This could accommodate slightly bigger ones and the effect is quite nice.

Speakers
Attachment 232674

Also, i like their work in terms of concealing the wires. You can hardly see any wires in the Gypsy. The only part of wires seen is the black patch coming out of the cardboard into the hole on the body.
Attachment 232675

Next was a small antenna for better radio reception. For this one, there were already holes on the windshield frame.
Attachment 232676

Some experts here adviced me to seal the air vents in the front. This was completely designed and done by the graphics guy in the accessory store. He was in love with my Gypsy. Suggested some hundred varieties of graphics and i said no for all of it. Am not a big fan of them.
Attachment 232677

2 Hella Comet 500s in the front. These are mainly to enhance the visibility in the night, along with the OEM lights. The performance of these are pretty ok. They are not positioned perfectly. Have to get these adjusted. By the way, to get these fitted, i'd to get 2 holes on the bumper.
Attachment 232678

Apart from these, got 3M sun films, Sumo's car cover and ArmorAll Car wash.

That's about the list of car accessories and additions on the Gypsy till now.
Am off to Kanyakumari in a couple of hours. Naah, not in the Gypsy. Will come back only next week. So, will reply to all your comments once i am back.

Next post, i shall try to highlight the differences between hard top and soft top.

Cheers Everybody,
Deepak
Bro..im looking for Pillar Antenna..where i can get it ?
Attached Images

valapad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2017, 13:16   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by valapad View Post
Bro..im looking for Pillar Antenna..where i can get it ?
Hey Valapad,
You could buy it from any car accessories guy. I got this from an accessories shop which deals with ICE sales and installation at Jayanagar, Bangalore.
To fit it, there are already holes available on the windshield frame.
Let me know if you need any other information.
Cheers,
Deepak
starter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2017, 13:43   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Valapad,
You could buy it from any car accessories guy. I got this from an accessories shop which deals with ICE sales and installation at Jayanagar, Bangalore.
To fit it, there are already holes available on the windshield frame.
Let me know if you need any other information.
Cheers,
Deepak
Dear Deepak,
Thanks for Quick Reply
Im from Thrissur,Kerala
Already Searched all accessory shops in my area..bro..if possible will you please buy one and ship it for me?
if possible pls pm me your account details
Thanks for Support
valapad is offline   Reply With Quote