Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2010, 19:09   #121
Senior - BHPian
 
harjeev's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,896
Thanked: 256 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davids4x4mm550 View Post
Well i have not made any chages i think this is the way it comes mounted. Chk out the ranger.

Hey Harjeev where can i pick the center Shacale from?
Hey david
I am not sure that the center shackle is easily available. I too saw it this one time and immediately picked it up!!!
harjeev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 20:56   #122
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Tejas@perioimpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 3,947
Thanked: 4,766 Times
Default

I thought they were mounted as pictured below:



As for the center one, let me see if i can source it for you. Going to my dealer for towing ropes so will ask him.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 21:53   #123
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: NA
Posts: 1,217
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Aren't the front 'D' shackles mounted wrong on the bumper?
Thats the way they come fitted on the 550. I have seen a few army disposals and they are all mounted this way.

Not sure what purpose they serve when mounted in this way. I have seen Jate Rings mounted with similar articultion (used to lift jeeps using helicopters) but these standard 550 ones look no better than the bites used for horses and cattle.

Quote:
I thought they were mounted as pictured below:
Yes thats the way they should be mounted. Lots of people replace the standard ones with the proper D type shckles that are shown in your photo.

David,

Get some proper D type shackles as were on Harjeevs Ranger, they are much better than the standard fitted rings.

Last edited by bigman : 9th March 2010 at 21:55.
bigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2010, 09:12   #124
BHPian
 
hgnishanth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bangalore / High SEAS
Posts: 186
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Front bumper D shackles

The standard army 550 comes with the 2 bolt "SMALL" D loop (Its not a shackle) This is present in almost all army 550's. From what I understand these are not meant for towing the jeep but are used when the vehicles are transported in trucks to lash/secure them to the floor. (I have seen many jeeps use these types of D loops for pulling/towing but it can give way any time, speaking from personal experience from my own jeep)
For towing purpose its better to use the army 4 bolt type proper D shackle as on the white jeep.
David better source 2 of these and get them fitted,i too have already procured them but yet to fit them on my jeep.

Cheers

Nishanth
hgnishanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2010, 03:56   #125
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 307
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Hey david
I am not sure that the center shackle is easily available. I too saw it this one time and immediately picked it up!!!
Thanks Harjeev if you see another pick it up for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
I thought they were mounted as pictured below:
As for the center one, let me see if i can source it for you. Going to my dealer for towing ropes so will ask him.
That would be great , how much does a good tow rop sell here for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
David,

Get some proper D type shackles as were on Harjeevs Ranger, they are much better than the standard fitted rings.
Yea will look out for em ,

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgnishanth View Post
The standard army 550 comes with the 2 bolt "SMALL" D loop (Its not a shackle) This is present in almost all army 550's. From what I understand these are not meant for towing the jeep but are used when the vehicles are transported in trucks to lash/secure them to the floor. (I have seen many jeeps use these types of D loops for pulling/towing but it can give way any time, speaking from personal experience from my own jeep)
For towing purpose its better to use the army 4 bolt type proper D shackle as on the white jeep.
David better source 2 of these and get them fitted,i too have already procured them but yet to fit them on my jeep.

Cheers

Nishanth
Your right NIshant these are use to tie them down i had seen mm550s on a train and they were tied down by these shacles in front i guess thats why the face downwards
Where did you pick them up from?
davids4x4mm550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2010, 08:01   #126
BHPian
 
hgnishanth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bangalore / High SEAS
Posts: 186
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davids4x4mm550 View Post
Your right NIshant these are use to tie them down i had seen mm550s on a train and they were tied down by these shacles in front i guess thats why the face downwards
Where did you pick them up from?
Where do you think? As usual for all jeep parts i call up Harjeev and trouble him! Testing his patience! I got this from him along with my Innova seats and tail gate and a couple of other things.

Cheers

Nishanth
hgnishanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2010, 19:48   #127
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 307
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgnishanth View Post
Where do you think? As usual for all jeep parts i call up Harjeev and trouble him! Testing his patience! I got this from him along with my Innova seats and tail gate and a couple of other things.

Cheers

Nishanth
Harjeev is the man
davids4x4mm550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2010, 19:49   #128
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Tejas@perioimpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 3,947
Thanked: 4,766 Times
Default

OT: are you coming for the OTR tomorrow?
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2010, 19:55   #129
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 307
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
OT: are you coming for the OTR tomorrow?
No man im doing a night shift tonight. i have to get my dam jeep ready soon missing all the fun.
davids4x4mm550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 18:47   #130
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: NA
Posts: 1,217
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

David,

What tyre pressure are you running the BFG's at? Was just speaking with my dad who asked me what pressure they should be at as they need topping up on our 550.

Not sure myself and I doubt the local tyre wala has a clue either.

Thanks.

Last edited by bigman : 18th March 2010 at 18:49.
bigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 21:17   #131
BHPian
 
hgnishanth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bangalore / High SEAS
Posts: 186
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

When is your Jeep due out on/off the road david?

Nishanth
hgnishanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2010, 02:41   #132
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 307
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
David,

What tyre pressure are you running the BFG's at? Was just speaking with my dad who asked me what pressure they should be at as they need topping up on our 550.

Not sure myself and I doubt the local tyre wala has a clue either.

Thanks.
I dont know man the guy who fixed the tyres for me said it was the same TP for a scorpio and should work fine.
I will chk with the michellen dealer once it on road for the ideal TP.

I think we need to check with james aka Wicked wheels hes sure to know.
davids4x4mm550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2010, 02:45   #133
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 307
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgnishanth View Post
When is your Jeep due out on/off the road david?

Nishanth
Its almost done .... All the small parts are being put together .
Im targeting the fully done jeep by this 30th should have some more wip pics soon.

Your wheels are looking hot
davids4x4mm550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 22:16   #134
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 200
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davids4x4mm550 View Post
Its almost done .... All the small parts are being put together .
Im targeting the fully done jeep by this 30th should have some more wip pics soon.

Your wheels are looking hot
Whats the update on the Registration bit?

Also please post some pictures of the fron seats, now that they are in place.

Did u see the new LG Mobile add? the Abhay Deol, Jhon Abrhm. wala add, they have a similar Jeep in that add.
Cloud_Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2010, 18:38   #135
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 307
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud_Chaser View Post
Whats the update on the Registration bit?

Also please post some pictures of the fron seats, now that they are in place.

Did u see the new LG Mobile add? the Abhay Deol, Jhon Abrhm. wala add, they have a similar Jeep in that add.
Here we go ..........
Attached Thumbnails
ex army MM550 in Bombay-dsc00160.jpg  

ex army MM550 in Bombay-dsc00161.jpg  

ex army MM550 in Bombay-dsc00162.jpg  

ex army MM550 in Bombay-dsc00163.jpg  

ex army MM550 in Bombay-dsc00164.jpg  

ex army MM550 in Bombay-dsc00165.jpg  

davids4x4mm550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
wanted to get some info about an army spec Mahindra mm550 sabret00the SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 70 4th February 2016 22:47
MM550 Army 4x4 Jeeps 4x4addict 4x4 Vehicles 50 21st August 2014 14:57
Difference in Chassis Design of Army V/s Regular 4WD Mahindra MM550 offroad_maniac 4x4 Technical 28 13th July 2011 14:34
My MM550 XD Army Spec Ricky_3007 4x4 Vehicles 304 6th October 2010 17:05


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:16.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks