Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Old 3rd December 2009, 14:02   #1
BHPian

Default My Gypsy rebuild - Stage 2

Dear All,

Since I started visiting the Team BHP my long time desire of owing a Gypsy really got ignited and boosted. All you guys experiences of gypsy ownerships & the fun involved in the restortion has really inspired to take on this venture. In fact this is a joint venture with my brother and Gypsy is the vehicle which we have fancied a lot since childhood. We are already half the way through the rebuild and is glad to share that experience with you to have your valuable feedback & suggestions.

Since both of us are not at home and the whole process is left only at the hands of the garage guys, we have little control in getting our ides done on it, still so far it is going well.

After a long search we found one suiting our budget this is a 1994 model MG410 ( i need help form you guys to identify is this a wide track one - MG410W) the pics follows -
Attached Images

Anil Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2009, 14:31   #2
Senior - BHPian

Wide track gypsis came from 1993. The grill has be replaced, these are from a 413, the 410 grill was different. Congrats for the purchase, incedently today i called mayapuri to enquire about a king, The guy gave the following breakup.

2000 Model king 90-95K

Registration Temp 4.5K

Registration PB(permanant) 18K

Transportation to trivandrum 16K

Total 1.30 Lacs

Then + the build up cost. I felt the deal is not very nice and decided to persue my search here. BTW how much did yopu pay for this one?

Pramod
pramodkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2009, 15:26   #3
BHPian

nice gypsy dear, congrats. how much did you pay ??
annu0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2009, 16:09   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Wide track gypsis came from 1993. The grill has be replaced, these are from a 413, the 410 grill was different. Congrats for the purchase, incedently today i called mayapuri to enquire about a king, The guy gave the following breakup.

2000 Model king 90-95K

Registration Temp 4.5K

Registration PB(permanant) 18K

Transportation to trivandrum 16K

Total 1.30 Lacs

Then + the build up cost. I felt the deal is not very nice and decided to persue my search here. BTW how much did yopu pay for this one?

Pramod
Hi Pramod, 1.3 lacs seems to be reasonable for 2000 model for king, but cant predict what is going to be the cost coming up for build up. I paid 1.1 for the vehicle only.
Old 3rd December 2009, 16:45   #5
BHPian

Default My Gypsy rebuild - inspired from all you BHPians Reply to Thread

I did some basic repairs to the engine to start with as the vehilce was not in a proper roadworthy condition, it was having severe overheating problem which got rectified by a flushing and replacing the pipes.

Other than this the engine was running smooth in both petrol & gas, Not much issues with suspension & brakes. Suspension bushes & breakpads found to be replaced recently. Electricals & wirings were also fine. There was some rusted area on the platform especially at the passenger floor panel on which the sheet metal work is done.

Chasis is treated for rust and did an anti rust treatment, all oils were changed and the vehicle was put straight to paint shop.
Attached Thumbnails
My Gypsy rebuild - Stage 2-23112009807.jpg  

My Gypsy rebuild - Stage 2-23112009805.jpg  

My Gypsy rebuild - Stage 2-23112009808.jpg  

My Gypsy rebuild - Stage 2-23112009809.jpg  

Old 3rd December 2009, 16:46   #6
BHPian

Thanks Annu, i paid 1.1 lac for the vehicle.
Old 3rd December 2009, 17:00   #7
Senior - BHPian

Post It is an MG410W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anil Vincent View Post
....i need help form you guys to identify is this a wide track one - MG410W...
Congrats on your purchase, Anil Vincent !
Yes, it definitely is a wide-track Gypsy. It looks to be in pretty good shape. Please share more pics and details.

Last edited by Blue Thunder : 3rd December 2009 at 17:02.
Blue Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2009, 17:28   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
Congrats on your purchase, Anil Vincent !
Yes, it definitely is a wide-track Gypsy. It looks to be in pretty good shape. Please share more pics and details.
Thanks Blue Thunder, will keep posting more pics & details. Similar to your name i m planning to paint it in blue.
Old 3rd December 2009, 17:39   #9
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations ! Anil Vincent, Vehicle seems to be good enough. You intend to keep the hardtop? Do not change the front grill, unless you don't like it. gypsy king look is great.
dwaraka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2009, 17:56   #10
BHPian

Thanks you Dwaraka Sir, I intend to keep the hardtop, at the same time i will also install a soft roof to use it when the cliamte allows. Yes I will keep the front grill as it is but i might go for a repaint. Since time dosen't allows I will not be going for much alterations other than the painting and the interior build up, the seats & dashboard are in bad condition.
Old 3rd December 2009, 18:45   #11
BHPian

Perfect start for your Stint in Team BHP. Best wishes for the rebuild.Are you planning for a colour change?
REMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2009, 20:03   #12
BHPian

Congrats. It is a MG410W with the king's grill. The plate above and below the grill also belongs to the king. The gypsy has got a good body shape. It is not advisable to remove the hard top frequently as it will damage the top. But if u plan to do so, take the screws of the body and not off the top (fiber).

Is this gypsy undergoing repairs in Autoteam?
tharakan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2009, 20:19   #13
BHPian

Another gypsy LOver from Gods own Country, Hats off Anil for your choice,thats a pretty good machine you own and pretty good choice of the colour.All the best for your build off buddy

Regards MI...KI!

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd December 2009 at 23:27.
Miki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2009, 23:14   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by REMU View Post
Perfect start for your Stint in Team BHP. Best wishes for the rebuild.Are you planning for a colour change?
Yes Remu, I am going for a color change and will go for a solid 2K blue color, I dosen't prefer mettalic shades on suv's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharakan9 View Post
Congrats. It is a MG410W with the king's grill. The plate above and below the grill also belongs to the king. The gypsy has got a good body shape. It is not advisable to remove the hard top frequently as it will damage the top. But if u plan to do so, take the screws of the body and not off the top (fiber).

Is this gypsy undergoing repairs in Autoteam?

Thanks Tharakan, still i m behind the workshop guys to have a perfect finish on the pressed lines and body shape. The vehicle is currently under repairs with a small garage in alleppey - '4 Stroke'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miki View Post
Another gypsy LOver from Gods own Country, Hats off Anil for your choice,thats a pretty good machine you own and pretty good choice of the colour.All the best for your build off buddy

Regards MI...KI!
Hi Miki, thanks for the feed back buddy.

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd December 2009 at 23:28.
Old 3rd December 2009, 23:40   #15
BHPian

Default My Gypsy rebuild - inspired from all you BHPians Reply to Thread

Dear BHPians my gypsy has got the front seats of Premier 118NE which was installed by the previous owner. I am planning to replace it with the RECARO seats, can some one please advise me with the height of the original front seats from the mounting fountation to the seat cushion, as shown in the picture.
Attached Thumbnails
My Gypsy rebuild - Stage 2-fr-seat.jpg