Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Old 13th November 2013, 11:31   #526
BANNED

Cool Re: An impulsive buy- 1999 Mahindra Classic; Now Sold. Another project now in the off

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesis View Post
Arreee. Can't be. I rode her in Gokak. Looks like I found the missing twin ...

Attachment 1165280
naah
cant be, Tejas's is MH 04.

check this 2010, 15 Aug pic ( Courtesy Team Bhp Thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...ml#post2032552 (Extreme Offroaders Independence Day OTR 2010) )

Good old days, (sigh)

Pic by good ol jeep captain

An impulsive buy- 1999 Mahindra Classic; Now Sold. Another project now in the offing!-img_7370.jpg

Sudarshan
Sudarshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2015, 14:33   #527
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: An impulsive buy- 1999 Mahindra Classic; Now Sold. Another project now in the offing!

I just re read this thread for old times sake. What fun discussions and problem solving discussions we used to have back in 2009! Six years have surely changed a lot of things. The egos, the politics, the groupisms. Sigh. :(

These initial interactions are to be treasured. Let's hope we can get back to this form of discussions again.

Cheers.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2015, 17:02   #528
BHPian

Default Re: An impulsive buy- 1999 Mahindra Classic; Now Sold. Another project now in the offing!

Tejas,

It would be great - if you could share the story around "Cavity".
Cj3bDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2015, 14:21   #529
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cj3bDog View Post
Tejas,

It would be great - if you could share the story around "Cavity".
Sure, i'll finish the thread when i get some more spare time.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2015, 10:41   #530
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Tejas - hello after a very long time. You are absolutely correct, I vividly remember 25 June 2010 and 26 June 2010 EXAMM / AKC events as if they happened yesterday! I will never forget that first obstacle of EXAMM and the articulation hump of AKC. I still visit the exact EXAMM spot sometimes during my vehicle testing trips to Lonavla.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2015, 17:13   #531
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Tejas - hello after a very long time. You are absolutely correct, I vividly remember 25 June 2010 and 26 June 2010 EXAMM / AKC events as if they happened yesterday! I will never forget that first obstacle of EXAMM and the articulation hump of AKC. I still visit the exact EXAMM spot sometimes during my vehicle testing trips to Lonavla.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Which days of the week sir?

We should "catch" the hints given out by Bawa Ji. Please don't forget to take cameras to 'catch" the hint!
Parm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2015, 10:46   #532
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
Which days of the week sir? We should "catch" the hints given out by Bawa Ji. Please don't forget to take cameras to 'catch" the hint!
Dear Parm - hahaha, good one there, I say! .

By the way, that first obstacle is now recorded for degree of inclination and difficulty, it is the benchmark for approach, departure, ramp break-over and side tilt angles. I am attaching a photograph taken during EXAMM for ready reference. That's Alan's Gypsy struggling there. You can interpolate the data now! .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Attached Thumbnails
An impulsive buy- 1999 Mahindra Classic; Now Sold. Another project now in the offing!-_2006792-copy.jpg  

DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2015, 13:58   #533
Distinguished - BHPian

The new jeep, Cavity is up for sale for another bigger project. Either the full jeep or just the body. Anyone interested, please pm me a realistic and inflated offer.
Old 2nd September 2015, 11:03   #534
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
The new jeep, Cavity is up for sale for another bigger project. Either the full jeep or just the body. Anyone interested, please pm me a realistic and inflated offer.
Hi Tejas,

I would suggest you list out a detailed spec sheet, for buyers to give you a realistic quote. Otherwise, all quotes will be for a 'jeep' which will be no where close to what you've spent on it.

It should be something like quote = base vehicle cost + add ons and modifications.
dhanushs is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2015, 10:53   #535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Hi Tejas,

I would suggest you list out a detailed spec sheet, for buyers to give you a realistic quote. Otherwise, all quotes will be for a 'jeep' which will be no where close to what you've spent on it.

It should be something like quote = base vehicle cost + add ons and modifications.
Dhanush - I think, Tejas had responded to certain questions asked by Arka

Engine - XD3P? Or the DCM 3L engine that Allan used in past? -DCM
GB/Tcase - KMT90-T19? -Yes
Axles - from FC or pickup 58-53 combo? - FC
Diff - 4.88? 5.38? - 4.88 and rear diff lock (Lockright)
SPOA? looks like yes - SPOA
Rear FFRA? Looks like yes? - Yes
AC?* - AC
Pwr String - yes - Yes
Twin shock setup either front or back? - Single shock
Tank capacity and location? - Standard tank standard location - no need to relocate due to height
Traction bar? - yes
Winch, snorkel? - yes and yes
Cj3bDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2015, 19:44   #536

Hi Tejas,

lots of search led me to your this page here... understand this is a Looong time back.. wondering if you could please help me with the same seat, guessing this is the Mahindra Classic rear seat.
hounding you, cause you are from the same city and have been looking for this all over... old new anything ...

sorry for the bother.

Quote:
Updates:

Got front facing rear seats from Atlas Motors.

Cost: 3500/-

I'm gonna modify these, raise it slightly higher upto the wheel arches so that i can fabricate underseat storage.

I'm planning to run 2 aluminum or metal 'T' bars from either side of the wheel arches and mount the seat on it. Below i will weld a aluminum plate and make the tail gate lockable.

Atleast then i don't have to worry about recovery gear getting stolen from my Jeep whenever we stop for tea / breakfast during OTRs.
Bigmananoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2015, 22:15   #537
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmananoop View Post
Hi Tejas,

lots of search led me to your this page here... understand this is a Looong time back.. wondering if you could please help me with the same seat, guessing this is the Mahindra Classic rear seat.
hounding you, cause you are from the same city and have been looking for this all over... old new anything ...

sorry for the bother.
Go to atlas motors at opera house in jeep gulli. Google him for the phone number. He should have it.
Old 19th December 2015, 22:22   #538

Thanx a million... for the guide...

Quote:
Go to atlas motors at opera house in jeep gulli. Google him for the phone number. He should have it.
Bigmananoop is offline   Reply With Quote