Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Old 19th February 2010, 22:06   #166
BHPian

Great job Nishanth. The jeep has come out really very well. Enjoy the ride.
arbind85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 22:08   #167
BHPian

How much did you pay for that seatbelts? And is it easy to fit it?
prmd_cochin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 22:21   #168
Senior - BHPian

@Nishanth what an awesome looking Jeep, if you are planning to use the Jump seats please ensure that the area under the panel is reinforced, this place is susceptible to failure, also bonnet catch should be black in color

Spike
SPIKE ARRESTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 22:29   #169
BHPian

WOW!! One more Man and The Machine
sreejeshmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 22:58   #170
Senior - BHPian

Nishant, The Jeep has come over very well needless to say.

Quick question on the front seats? New? Innova? <sorry I dont know if you have posted it already>

Also what plans for the Top. Do get a proper Soft top with the thickest material you can find. You know how the last OTR was ... shurbs all the way all the sides.
IronWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 23:27   #171
BHPian

Default wow Jeep,..

Nishant:
Awesome man,. your jeep looks macho. All your efforts has paid well. Your jeep looks alive and can feel the life in it man.
Have fun,.
GrayBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2010, 10:25   #172
BHPian

Very nice. How much did the Innova seats cost you?
Prithvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2010, 10:54   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
@Nishanth, you are right about the door check arm. Fender extension i can make out it is a non army type, better go for an army type, it aids articulation and has relief built into it.

Spike
Spike,

Yeh like i'd told beforethe fender extensions are not of army type. Reason?- well it is simply because i could not source the army type. Even i wanted the army type but till now could not get one, as soon as i manage to getmy hands on one i shall change it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
Congratulations, Nishanth.

Love the color and wheels. It is looking absolutely beautiful.

How much did the Innova seats cost you?

Cheers,
Thanks Ardy,

Innova seats cost me around 10k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerajunnithan View Post
ho ho ho!!!! What a transformation Nishant!!!! I really appreciate your time and effort to restore her. And i am glad that you haven,'t done any unreliable mods like PS etc, How is the steering after those Massive tyres? And what is tyre specs? hmm rear tail lamps are in a vulnable position.

Enjoy you jeep and take care of him. Congrats once again.

Thanks
--Sree--
thanks Sree

The steering surprisingly is not bad after the massive tires Even i was expecting the steering to be hard before but its not.. well it is definately manageable in city traffic.

Tires are Yokohama Geolander AT/S 31x10.5-R15 LT

Yes the rear reverse lamps need to be shifted to above the bumper. It was fixed in a hurry so for the time being i just left it there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
WOW! Excellent restoration work Nishant! All the hard work has payed off and she is just perfect.

Looking forward to your participation in the future OTR's.

cheers
Jaggu
Thanks jaggu

Yeh waiting for the next OTR. After so mant OTR's at last i get come to an OTR and drive my own Jeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Super Restoration and lightning fast. I was hoping to meet you and Jeep tommorow.
Hey santosh Thanks man. It was nice talkng to yesterday.Shall catch up after 2 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrycane12 View Post
Wow great looking Jeep; loved the comparision pictures.
Thanks man..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
Excellent work, it looks great. Get some sort of seat covers on those seats as they will be fully of dirt and dust soon (the vinyl/art leather ones are easy to wipe down). .
Thanks man..

Yeh the soft top and seat covers are pending for now. It shall be done in a few days time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
The jeep looks lovely! Good job mate!!

OT: when will you be leaving back to the ship/ attend a course? I feel the speedy restoration was due to that!!
Thanks James.

OT: Yes the speedy transformation was due to the fact that i have to join back. But still not sure when. Will be out of town for about 2 weeks from monday but will be joining back mostly around mid march.

Are you also in the merchant navy? which company?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaraka View Post
Nishant, great job done. where do you park your new possession? I need the seats.
Thank you sir,

Well its always parked in the driveway of my house and it is a open top, so you are most welcome to take it anytime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamtheLeo View Post
Awsomw, it is just superb. Love the look which the wheels are giving it.

Looking forward to PH II
Thanks man..

Phase 2 in a few months time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
just one word - Fantabulous

and could you also enlighten me on those 2 things that are there on the front bumpers, i guess all army vehicles have that.

Keep it going. you should do a gypsy next.
Thanks, They are black out lights, there are 2 in the front and 2 at the back, yes all army vehicles do have that, used when moving in a convoy at night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
Awesome Nishanth! What a transformation!
I just love the way it looks now.
Cheers and enjoy driving your wonderful Jeep.
Deepak
Thanks Deepak

We should meet up sometime. Out of town till march shall call once i return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbind85 View Post
Great job Nishanth. The jeep has come out really very well. Enjoy the ride.
Thanks Arbind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prmd_cochin View Post
How much did you pay for that seatbelts? And is it easy to fit it?
The seat belts are fully manual and are OE for army jeeps. Even for your jeep it should be an east fit cause as far i know there is already a provision on the B pillar and the floor to fit these seat belts.

Quote:
@Nishanth what an awesome looking Jeep, if you are planning to use the Jump seats please ensure that the area under the panel is reinforced, this place is susceptible to failure, also bonnet catch should be black in color

Spike
Thanks Spike

The jump seats are temporary. I will be fitting front facing seats in a few months time. But just out of curiosity "area under the panel" which area is this? the back area where the fold-able legs of the rear seats rests or you are talking about the top of the wheel arch where the seats are fixed?

The bonnet catch in army jeeps as per my knowledge is body color. I have this pic of an sand colored army jeep 'still in force' (downloaded from TBHP) and most of the coloring i went about following it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejeshmp View Post
WOW!! One more Man and The Machine
Thanks man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Nishant, The Jeep has come over very well needless to say.

Quick question on the front seats? New? Innova? <sorry I dont know if you have posted it already>

Also what plans for the Top. Do get a proper Soft top with the thickest material you can find. You know how the last OTR was ... shurbs all the way all the sides.
Thanks Dan,

Innova seats, courtesy Harjeev. He sent them to me from Delhi. Used ones, i believe from a 2009 accident vehicle. Cost me about 10k.

Will be fitting a soft top shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayBerry View Post
Nishant:
Awesome man,. your jeep looks macho. All your efforts has paid well. Your jeep looks alive and can feel the life in it man.
Have fun,.
Thanks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prithvi View Post
Very nice. How much did the Innova seats cost you?
Thanks Prithvi, Innvoa seats 10k

Cheers

Nishanth

Last edited by hgnishanth : 20th February 2010 at 11:02.
hgnishanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2010, 11:29   #174
Senior - BHPian

Congratulation's Nishanth. Honestly i never thought that paint shade would look so good!

I suggest you keep those side facing seats. They are immensely practical. I have forward facing rear seat, it looks cool and is fairly comfortable but the access to the rear seat is a pain to most. Mine is a two seater hence no problem, but if you plan to carry people often then retain those side facing seats. Those seats can be folded up to carry luggage as well.

Do you have a skid plate? if not please install it. On those rocks that you guys off road it would be very useful

Overall a nice outcome!Regarding your second phase of upgrade limit it to a nice set of aux lamps and winch! Any thing else will rob practicality.
vinod_nookala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2010, 14:34   #175
Senior - BHPian

@Nishanth "area under the panel" is the top of the wheel arch where the seats are fixed, hope it is clear

Spike
SPIKE ARRESTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2010, 14:41   #176
BHPian

great work nishanth . congrats man, its neatly done yet the eligance of it is matchless. you really made it into a beast with those massive tryes. enjoy the ride man
crazyjeeperk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2010, 14:52   #177
BHPian

wah wah!! amazing transformation buddy! The beast has come out well! I bet the army guys will ask you to sell it back to them..

The tires look awesome, and the jeep looks like its been programmed to eat chunk of rocks beneath and blow the boulders to smithereens.

One question: Did you make any extra mods to install the innova seats? like mounts etc? Its easy to mount on the co-passenger side, but what about the drivers seat? There is a tool box beneath the seat. Did yow just bolt it to them with the mounts? or any cut and paste welding job?

the reason I am asking this dumb question is because.. Currently I have old looking gypsy seats on my 540.. I recently got opel astra seats. These seats have brackets and sliders on the side and not below them. these do not fit on the existing mounts.

For the driver side seats, the fabricator suggested that I remove the tool box beneath the driver seat (Tank type box) and add mounts... But I am very skeptical bout removing it.. Any suggestion?
yamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2010, 15:16   #178
BHPian

Default Congratulations

Amazing restoration and that too in no time (With respect to jeep restorations) Very smart looking jeep with no bling job. Those rims looks great on your jeep have you sourced them from India, If yes from where ?
Jeepfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2010, 19:07   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Congratulation's Nishanth. Honestly i never thought that paint shade would look so good!

I suggest you keep those side facing seats. They are immensely practical. I have forward facing rear seat, it looks cool and is fairly comfortable but the access to the rear seat is a pain to most. Mine is a two seater hence no problem, but if you plan to carry people often then retain those side facing seats. Those seats can be folded up to carry luggage as well.

Do you have a skid plate? if not please install it. On those rocks that you guys off road it would be very useful

Overall a nice outcome!Regarding your second phase of upgrade limit it to a nice set of aux lamps and winch! Any thing else will rob practicality.
Thanks Vinod,

I completely agree about the side facing seats being practical. the same thing has been told to me numerous times by Roshan, Swastikviji and many others but to be honest i like the front facing seats. I completely agree it is a pain to climb in out of them and it is not practical at all but i still like the front facing seats, thats why i plan to go for them.
About the loading area, i do plan to get the front facing seats done up in such a way that it can fold to free up the loading area.
The Aux lamps i plan to have 2 fog lamps and 2 head lights (with low and high beam) something like the ones in your jeep, with the 2 fog lamps in the center but i want to put a bull bar.

Quote:
@Nishanth "area under the panel" is the top of the wheel arch where the seats are fixed, hope it is clear

Spike
thanks spike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjeeperk View Post
great work nishanth . congrats man, its neatly done yet the eligance of it is matchless. you really made it into a beast with those massive tryes. enjoy the ride man
Thanks man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaniac View Post
wah wah!! amazing transformation buddy! The beast has come out well! I bet the army guys will ask you to sell it back to them..

The tires look awesome, and the jeep looks like its been programmed to eat chunk of rocks beneath and blow the boulders to smithereens.

One question: Did you make any extra mods to install the innova seats? like mounts etc? Its easy to mount on the co-passenger side, but what about the drivers seat? There is a tool box beneath the seat. Did yow just bolt it to them with the mounts? or any cut and paste welding job?

the reason I am asking this dumb question is because.. Currently I have old looking gypsy seats on my 540.. I recently got opel astra seats. These seats have brackets and sliders on the side and not below them. these do not fit on the existing mounts.

For the driver side seats, the fabricator suggested that I remove the tool box beneath the driver seat (Tank type box) and add mounts... But I am very skeptical bout removing it.. Any suggestion?
haha thanks man..

About the Innova seats Both the drivers and passengers side seats have sliders below them so it was comparatively easy to fix. I fixed the drivers side seat myself, just matched the front right hole of the old seat to the innova seat and drilled the other 3 holes and bolted it on with extra washers.!! the passengers side one i have used the original under seat frame of the old army seat. had to cut it add a piece of extra pipe of the same dia and extend it to match the other 3 holes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepfreak View Post
Amazing restoration and that too in no time (With respect to jeep restorations) Very smart looking jeep with no bling job. Those rims looks great on your jeep have you sourced them from India, If yes from where ?
Thanks Jeepfreak. the rims were imported from US. I have given all the details in post no 43, page 10.

Cheers

Nishanth
hgnishanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2010, 19:31   #180
BHPian

Dear Nishanth, congrats on this great restoration. Your Jeep now looks fabulous. Like the color & specially the Rims, they just suits perfectly. Awesome thread & great writeup.
offroad_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote