Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Old 2nd March 2010, 22:41   #196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannes View Post
Dear Nishant,
have been following your thread silently from the very beginning and its overwhelming u know to see such passion for Jeeps, Congratulations on the restoration, I must say I enjoyed following every bit of this thread and what else can I say about it , m speechless with already so much responses and compliments. just LOVE it,especially the wheels and the no-bling-all-mean look. Wish I could get Innova seats for my Jeep too but its very difficult to here in my city and I'm low on Vit-M. Are you not getting rollbars done in phase II? It should add much more character to your Jeep. If you are interested check out my jeep pics in the jeep pics thread. RESPECT to you brother.
Cheers
Thanks Bro

Roll Bar plan is there in Phase 2. Also will come bull bar with 2 additional headlights and 2 fog lamps. And also the front facing seats (Still deciding on that. )

Yeh bro I did check out the pics of your jeep on the Pics thread earlier today. looks rocking man..congrats.

Cheers

Nishanth
hgnishanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 03:34   #197
BHPian

Default Jeep Drive

Nishanth,
Your Jeep looks good, as earlier said, looks very neat and clean.
Now Questions:
Can you let us know how is the drive? How is engine and gearbox behaving? What about over all ride quality? Did you have any issues while registration?
I know these are too many questions, but I just can't wait to know.
Thanks in advance man,
GrayBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 03:59   #198
BHPian

Hi Nishanth,

Can you please explain the Resgistration process in detail. Will help a lot of guys in Karnataka.

Regards,
Zorro4X4
Zorro4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 07:26   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayBerry View Post
Nishanth,
Your Jeep looks good, as earlier said, looks very neat and clean.
Now Questions:
Can you let us know how is the drive? How is engine and gearbox behaving? What about over all ride quality? Did you have any issues while registration?
I know these are too many questions, but I just can't wait to know.
Thanks in advance man,
Hey Garry

The drive is fantastic. The engine and gearbox feels very smooth. Overall ride quality cant say now as i have hardly driven it. Registration Not yet complete. will put up the details once complete.
Have sent you a PM

Cheers

Nishanth
Old 4th March 2010, 23:07   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro4X4 View Post
Hi Nishanth,

Can you please explain the Resgistration process in detail. Will help a lot of guys in Karnataka.

Regards,
Zorro4X4
I will give all i know once registration is done. But the right person to give the details would be Swastikviji as the jeep will be registred in his name first and later transferred to mine.

Cheers

Nishanth
Old 5th March 2010, 11:40   #201
BHPian

Great work on the jeep Nish!!! I saw it the day the jeep arrived in Bangalore and now after the restoration... I must say, your investments in terms of time, money and energy has paid of really well. One helluva looking jeep you have here... Waiting to drive it :-)
sapna gurukar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 17:02   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapna gurukar View Post
Great work on the jeep Nish!!! I saw it the day the jeep arrived in Bangalore and now after the restoration... I must say, your investments in terms of time, money and energy has paid of really well. One helluva looking jeep you have here... Waiting to drive it :-)
Hey sapna

Good to see you here on TBHP, and thanks you know your hubby was my first inspiration followed by Roshan.

Will plan a trip to Sakleshpur probably a mini OTR with Your, Vikram's and my Jeeps?

Cheers

Nishanth
Old 14th March 2010, 21:26   #203
BHPian

Hi Guys

Its been a while since I updated this. Well partly because i was getting a few minor works on the jeep and partly because i was out of town for about 10 days. With these all the works in Phase 1 is finally complete.

LAST UPDATE OF PHASE 1 - Latest works on the Jeep

1. Art leather seat covers for the front Innova seats.
2. Rexin cover for the rear bench seats.
3. Standard Soft top from M&M company
4. Side 'U' opening -Alteration to standard soft top
5. Rexin lining for roof top (interior) with a layer of heat resistant thermocol in between the soft top and rexin interior. -Alteration to standard soft top
6. Flap for closing the 3 soft top plastic windows.
7. Music system (Radio/USB/SD card reader) and speakers (Local one)
8. Flagpole/antenna
9. Jeep Thrills stickers - thanks Arka
10. Rear/Spare tire cover

Cheers

Nishanth
Old 15th March 2010, 22:03   #204
BHPian

Nishanth your jeep looks awesome and the rims/tyres give it a great road presence.

Well done!
yikes6633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2010, 23:22   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yikes6633 View Post
Nishanth your jeep looks awesome and the rims/tyres give it a great road presence.

Well done!
Thanks Manoj

will find out more info about your request and get in touch with you sometime soon.

Cheers

Nishanth
Old 16th March 2010, 00:19   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgnishanth View Post
Hi Guys

Its been ---

10. Rear/Spare tire cover

Cheers

Nishanth
Hi Nishanth,
It was good talking to you the other day. I like to idea of double layered softtop with thermal insulation in between. Any change in NVH?
Would like to see a few pics with the above upgrades of your jeep, exterior and interior please
Thanks,
GrayBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2010, 10:21   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayBerry View Post
Hi Nishanth,
It was good talking to you the other day. I like to idea of double layered softtop with thermal insulation in between. Any change in NVH?
Would like to see a few pics with the above upgrades of your jeep, exterior and interior please
Thanks,
Hi

Been a little busy so no pics still, but shall take some pics and put them up soon.

Cheers

Nishanth
Old 17th March 2010, 12:56   #208
BHPian

Here are some Pictures of the Jeep after the fitting of soft top and after completing other minor works in PHASE 1.

Cheers

Nishanth
Attached Thumbnails
It's a 'Jeep' Thing!" - Army Spec MM550 - Restoration in Bangalore - PHASE 1 COMPLETE-a1.jpg  

It's a 'Jeep' Thing!" - Army Spec MM550 - Restoration in Bangalore - PHASE 1 COMPLETE-a2.jpg  

It's a 'Jeep' Thing!" - Army Spec MM550 - Restoration in Bangalore - PHASE 1 COMPLETE-a3.jpg  

It's a 'Jeep' Thing!" - Army Spec MM550 - Restoration in Bangalore - PHASE 1 COMPLETE-a4.jpg  

It's a 'Jeep' Thing!" - Army Spec MM550 - Restoration in Bangalore - PHASE 1 COMPLETE-a5.jpg  

It's a 'Jeep' Thing!" - Army Spec MM550 - Restoration in Bangalore - PHASE 1 COMPLETE-a6.jpg  

It's a 'Jeep' Thing!" - Army Spec MM550 - Restoration in Bangalore - PHASE 1 COMPLETE-a7.jpg  

It's a 'Jeep' Thing!" - Army Spec MM550 - Restoration in Bangalore - PHASE 1 COMPLETE-a8.jpg  

It's a 'Jeep' Thing!" - Army Spec MM550 - Restoration in Bangalore - PHASE 1 COMPLETE-a9.jpg  

It's a 'Jeep' Thing!" - Army Spec MM550 - Restoration in Bangalore - PHASE 1 COMPLETE-a10.jpg  

It's a 'Jeep' Thing!" - Army Spec MM550 - Restoration in Bangalore - PHASE 1 COMPLETE-a11.jpg  

It's a 'Jeep' Thing!" - Army Spec MM550 - Restoration in Bangalore - PHASE 1 COMPLETE-a12.jpg  

It's a 'Jeep' Thing!" - Army Spec MM550 - Restoration in Bangalore - PHASE 1 COMPLETE-a13.jpg  

It's a 'Jeep' Thing!" - Army Spec MM550 - Restoration in Bangalore - PHASE 1 COMPLETE-a14.jpg  

It's a 'Jeep' Thing!" - Army Spec MM550 - Restoration in Bangalore - PHASE 1 COMPLETE-a15.jpg  

It's a 'Jeep' Thing!" - Army Spec MM550 - Restoration in Bangalore - PHASE 1 COMPLETE-a16.jpg  

It's a 'Jeep' Thing!" - Army Spec MM550 - Restoration in Bangalore - PHASE 1 COMPLETE-a17.jpg  

It's a 'Jeep' Thing!" - Army Spec MM550 - Restoration in Bangalore - PHASE 1 COMPLETE-a18.jpg  

It's a 'Jeep' Thing!" - Army Spec MM550 - Restoration in Bangalore - PHASE 1 COMPLETE-a19.jpg  

It's a 'Jeep' Thing!" - Army Spec MM550 - Restoration in Bangalore - PHASE 1 COMPLETE-a20.jpg  

It's a 'Jeep' Thing!" - Army Spec MM550 - Restoration in Bangalore - PHASE 1 COMPLETE-a21.jpg  

It's a 'Jeep' Thing!" - Army Spec MM550 - Restoration in Bangalore - PHASE 1 COMPLETE-a22.jpg  

Old 17th March 2010, 13:01   #209
Senior - BHPian

The 'In Your face' spare wheel cover is ATTITUDE. Guys wont bother honking if they are stuck behind you.
svsantosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2010, 13:02   #210
Senior - BHPian

Default Well done!

Nishanth,

A very good soft top job there. Nice and simple interiors. Attention to detail is good. I am glad your Phase I has ended successfully! Well Done

p.s- The writing on the spare wheel cover is a little too loud. Try considering different font and a different jeep pic out there. :-)) Also please get your skid plate fixed ASAP!

Last edited by vinod_nookala : 17th March 2010 at 13:06.
vinod_nookala is offline   Reply With Quote