Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Old 17th March 2010, 15:07   #211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
The 'In Your face' spare wheel cover is ATTITUDE. Guys wont bother honking if they are stuck behind you.
Thanks Santosh, glad i called you up. Like I said my understanding is some times not that good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Nishanth,

A very good soft top job there. Nice and simple interiors. Attention to detail is good. I am glad your Phase I has ended successfully! Well Done

p.s- The writing on the spare wheel cover is a little too loud. Try considering different font and a different jeep pic out there. :-)) Also please get your skid plate fixed ASAP!
Thanks a lot Vinod.

Yeh the Spare wheel cover is a little too loud . Did it myself with my "broken" photoshop knowledge. Did the first one and after printing in 30" size it dint turn out to be good. So redid it again and got this printed and it turned to be a little too loud (realized it after printing it!) So for the time being it is gonna be this cover itself (its a little too taxing to get it printed each time ) i'll probably change it in phase 2.

Yes I have to get the skid plates done, the problem is not finding much time now, its almost time for me head back to sea!

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Smiley usage restricted to two per post. Please refrain from using excess smileys.

Last edited by n_aditya : 3rd January 2011 at 18:38.
hgnishanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2010, 15:37   #212
Senior - BHPian

Let me mention once more, the jeep looks absolutely marvellous, one of the best ex-army jeep build-ups i have seen here. Wishing you many years of jeeping ahead.
-regards,
Kandisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2010, 15:40   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgnishanth View Post

Yes I have to get the skid plates done, the problem is not finding much time now, its almost time for me head back to sea!
You already had skid plates when you got jeep. Check out your under body painting pics. Just ask your mechanic to fix it up. Or just check under neath you may already be having it
vinod_nookala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2010, 15:45   #214
Team-BHP Support

Got an opportunity to see the jeep in real life yesterday, this one has real presence! Very tastefully done up, everything just merges in beautifully.
Jaggu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2010, 15:49   #215
BHPian

I think even I have seen this Jeep some where near Vidyapeetha, this Jeep looks awesome, nice work.
Wind splitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2010, 15:53   #216
BHPian

Quote:
You already had skid plates when you got jeep. Check out your under body painting pics. Just ask your mechanic to fix it up. Or just check under neath you may already be having it
Hey Vinod

Yes I do have the skid platers under the gearbox cross member which is the standard fittment. I was thinking of getting additional skid plates for the Diffs and the Fuel tank in the future!

PS: Ive sent u a PM

Cheers

Nishanth
Old 17th March 2010, 16:48   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa
Hi there,
1stly congratulations on getting the jeep done up in such a beautiful way. Wud love to clarify a few things:
1. Can u tell me how exactly u did that spare wheel cover. Have u custom made the cover (without the print) or was it available? Also did you print it directly on the cover material (is it rexine kind of a thing?) or made a sticker and then fixed it over the cover? I guess u got it printed in some good colour labs.

2. How did u fix up the audio head unit? Did u fabricate any brackets?

3. How is the steering with those 31X10.5 tyres?

-regards,
Soumen
hey Soumen

I did the design myself in Photoshop and got it printed on flex material (you see these things used for banners) i have pasted it on to thewheel cover with Araldite and super glue. I really do not know how long it will last and how good is the print quality (in terms of fading in the sun and water etc) time will tell!!

Audio head unit was a simple fix, helped by my cousin Roshan. The right side is fixed directly to the steel bracket in the jeep and the left side we have used a "S" clamp to fix it to the underside of the glove box, with the screw head inside the glove box.

Though i have hardly driven it much the steering is surprisingly very light and comfortable with 31x10.5 / 15 tires.

Quote:
Vinod, it was nice talking to you today. Next time you are in Bangalore we shall surely catch up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind splitter View Post
I think even I have seen this Jeep some where near Vidyapeetha, this Jeep looks awesome, nice work.
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Got an opportunity to see the jeep in real life yesterday, this one has real presence! Very tastefully done up, everything just merges in beautifully.
Thanks Jaggu.

Cheers

Nishanth
Old 18th March 2010, 01:01   #218
BHPian

Default Nice dude,.

hgnishanth:
Awesome man, your jeep looks great, and am sure it drives well too. Nice interiors. I have few suggestions, like the aluminum plate holding a bunch of switches, would have looked good it you could have black oxidized the part. Anyways, when am building one for my jeep I promise to make one for you too,.:-)
Once again, great jeep with killer looks.
GrayBerry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 01:40   #219
Senior - BHPian

Hey Nishant, The Jeep has come along very well. Neat idea of putting the Jerry can inside.

No A/C planned? The Soft top looks nice and cozy and vehicle looks prepped for it.

Look forward to seeing this in next OTR.
IronWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 12:00   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayBerry View Post
hgnishanth:
Awesome man, your jeep looks great, and am sure it drives well too. Nice interiors. I have few suggestions, like the aluminum plate holding a bunch of switches, would have looked good it you could have black oxidized the part. Anyways, when am building one for my jeep I promise to make one for you too,.:-)
Once again, great jeep with killer looks.
Hey Thanks man

Yeh the plate holding the switches is not aluminium. it was a last minute job hastily done by bending a broken number plate!! have to get a decent switches plate fabricated and painted in black. But all next time after a couple of months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Hey Nishant, The Jeep has come along very well. Neat idea of putting the Jerry can inside.

No A/C planned? The Soft top looks nice and cozy and vehicle looks prepped for it.

Look forward to seeing this in next OTR.
Hey Dan

Thanks, How have u been?

Jerry can inside emm well i think it is good for trips outside the city and OTR's where it is always better to carry excess fuel, but not for city ride as there are so many times where the rear occupants have hurt their feet when the tail gate closes and the jerry can holder hits their feet!!! I will be removing it when i am using the jeep in city and only fix it for trips or OTR's.

AC, for sure man, it is definitely planned and will be fitted in Phase 2 (very difficult without it in the city!) when Vit-M has topped up and i have bit more time

Looking forward to meeting you in the next OTR

Cheers

Nishanth
Old 19th March 2010, 13:06   #221
Senior - BHPian

Great effort Nishanth. The Jeep has come-out very well.
How abt having the Jerry can outside the tailgate. Would look more meaner.

Love the caption "Its a jeep thing", but the alloy is not getting displayed on the spare wheel. Those alloys are really good. How much did you pay for each?

Buddy, you need to give the break up cost of the vehicle.
Ramsagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2010, 20:19   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Great effort Nishanth. The Jeep has come-out very well.
How abt having the Jerry can outside the tailgate. Would look more meaner.

Love the caption "Its a jeep thing", but the alloy is not getting displayed on the spare wheel. Those alloys are really good. How much did you pay for each?

Buddy, you need to give the break up cost of the vehicle.
Thanks Ramsagar

I will be changing the tail gate to the new type in few months timethen i will put the jerry can outside with the separate swing door. (Got the idea from David the traveler's Jeep in the annual Bangalore OTR) it sure does look better outside

My wheels are not alloys. i was particular i wanted steel wheels. these are Black rock Offroad steel wheels 15x8.5j Wheels coasted around 36k for 5nos.

Yes i need to do the breakup and total expenditure calculation myself. shall post it up on Vinod's $$$ thread once done.

Cheers

Nishanth
Old 20th March 2010, 12:27   #223
BHPian

Nishanth sir excellent 550 you got there,i was bit by a Gypsy bug,now i think im being bitten by a 550 bug . Sir would you mind sharing the costs excluding the vehicle cost because there are lot of BHPians waiting to know it including me .
karizma9292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2010, 14:41   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma9292 View Post
Nishanth sir excellent 550 you got there,i was bit by a Gypsy bug,now i think im being bitten by a 550 bug . Sir would you mind sharing the costs excluding the vehicle cost because there are lot of BHPians waiting to know it including me .
Thanks,

On it now. will be out with $$$ in a couple of days

Cheers

Nishanth

Last edited by hgnishanth : 20th March 2010 at 14:48.
Old 20th March 2010, 23:45   #225
BHPian

Thanks sir.....

cheers
Sugan
karizma9292 is offline   Reply With Quote