Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2012, 17:10   #931
BHPian
 
randeep04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 629
Thanked: 15 Times
Default re: Maruti Gypsy Pictures

Hi Guys,

Here are a few pics of my friends Gypsy during an offroad excursion in Gurgaon. We nearly went through the lake but near the end we went into a 10 foot ditch and thats were the Air intake took in water and left us stranded.

Winched the vehicle out....towed it to the workshop, opened the plugs, fired the engine and volla ...the vehicle roared again.

Cheers,

Randeep
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Gypsy Pictures-gyp1.jpg  

Attached Images
   
randeep04 is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2012, 12:10   #932
Senior - BHPian
 
Desmosedici's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,381
Thanked: 405 Times
Default re: Maruti Gypsy Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by codelust View Post
After Spidey, this is the most iconic Gypsy on TBHP. Congratulations. It is good to Geoff being handed over to someone who'll truly appreciate all the hard work that has gone into it.

Edit: Those Yokos are 215s, right?
Thanks. Yes, those are 215s. Most comfortable tyres for the gypsy in my opinion.
Desmosedici is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2012, 12:27   #933
BHPian
 
codelust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 199
Thanked: 288 Times
Default re: Maruti Gypsy Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Thanks. Yes, those are 215s. Most comfortable tyres for the gypsy in my opinion.
I'm running the same tyres, but on stock rims. Somehow, they look far more menacing and larger with alloys. Noticed this on Anil's Gypsy's build thread and find the same on Geoff too.
codelust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2012, 12:31   #934
Senior - BHPian
 
Desmosedici's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,381
Thanked: 405 Times
Default re: Maruti Gypsy Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by codelust View Post
I'm running the same tyres, but on stock rims. Somehow, they look far more menacing and larger with alloys. Noticed this on Anil's Gypsy's build thread and find the same on Geoff too.

I agree. i was running them on stock wheels in my old gypsy and they used to look plain jane however with the right alloys, the look is different.
Desmosedici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2012, 12:37   #935
BHPian
 
ladak.imran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bombay
Posts: 290
Thanked: 6 Times
Default re: Maruti Gypsy Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by codelust View Post
Edit: Those Yokos are 215s, right?
Yes.


Raj - I want to TD the vehicle! Are the ironman shock absorbers really as good as Guru would have me believe?
ladak.imran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2012, 13:27   #936
Senior - BHPian
 
Desmosedici's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,381
Thanked: 405 Times
Default re: Maruti Gypsy Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladak.imran View Post
Yes.


Raj - I want to TD the vehicle! Are the ironman shock absorbers really as good as Guru would have me believe?
Hi Imran Macchi,

The shocks are good. Obviously it wont be a car like ride but its much more planted and the gypsy doesnt just take off on every road undulation plus a lot less 'thuds' while going over a bad road. The seats also help to a great extent though. Call me on weekends. We can meetup and you can do a TD.
Desmosedici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2012, 14:15   #937
Senior - BHPian
 
KSM-Vtec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: MH-02-India-Bombay-Bandra
Posts: 1,563
Thanked: 437 Times
Default re: Maruti Gypsy Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladak.imran View Post
Yes.


Raj - I want to TD the vehicle! Are the ironman shock absorbers really as good as Guru would have me believe?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Hi Imran Macchi,

The shocks are good. Obviously it wont be a car like ride but its much more planted and the gypsy doesnt just take off on every road undulation plus a lot less 'thuds' while going over a bad road. The seats also help to a great extent though. Call me on weekends. We can meetup and you can do a TD.
Thats good news...do call me also when you guys are doing the TD.

We should also get a stock gypsy to do the TD at the same time so that we can notice the real difference
KSM-Vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2012, 14:20   #938
Senior - BHPian
 
Desmosedici's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,381
Thanked: 405 Times
Default re: Maruti Gypsy Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
Thats good news...do call me also when you guys are doing the TD.

We should also get a stock gypsy to do the TD at the same time so that we can notice the real difference
Sure thing Kaushik.

There is definitely a considerable difference. Guru was also testing the Ironman leaf springs and said that the Leaf + Shock Combo was amazing. I opted out of the leaf spring for now. But yes, the difference can be felt. Very evident.

OT - BTW Kaushik, i met Mr. Nanda Kumar who purchased your black gypsy. He was the person who drove Geoff from Bangalore to Bombay.
Desmosedici is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2012, 19:36   #939
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 826
Thanked: 113 Times
Default re: Maruti Gypsy Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Hi Imran Macchi,

The shocks are good. Obviously it wont be a car like ride but its much more planted and the gypsy doesnt just take off on every road undulation plus a lot less 'thuds' while going over a bad road. The seats also help to a great extent though. Call me on weekends. We can meetup and you can do a TD.
Is there a shock that is closer to a car like feel with stock leafs? Or paired with CFLs?

--R
Ragul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2012, 10:56   #940
Senior - BHPian
 
Desmosedici's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,381
Thanked: 405 Times
Default re: Maruti Gypsy Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
Is there a shock that is closer to a car like feel with stock leafs? Or paired with CFLs?

--R
Hi Ragul,

Have heard that Bilstien Shocks offer great ride comfort. You can get those from Petes.

Cheers.
Desmosedici is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2012, 16:38   #941
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 826
Thanked: 113 Times
Default re: Maruti Gypsy Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Hi Ragul,

Have heard that Bilstien Shocks offer great ride comfort. You can get those from Petes.

Cheers.
Petes Who? Where?
Thanks

--Rahul
Ragul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2012, 19:57   #942
Senior - BHPian
 
Desmosedici's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,381
Thanked: 405 Times
Default re: Maruti Gypsy Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
Petes Who? Where?
Thanks

--Rahul

www.petes.in

Trust this helps Mate.
Desmosedici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2012, 23:47   #943
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 826
Thanked: 113 Times
Default re: Maruti Gypsy Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
www.petes.in

Trust this helps Mate.
Thanks. Guess the Bilstein B4 is the one to go for? http://www.petes.in/bilstein.html

Sorry for the OT, last question I promise

--Rahul

Last edited by Ragul : 30th May 2012 at 23:50.
Ragul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2012, 00:07   #944
Senior - BHPian
 
Desmosedici's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,381
Thanked: 405 Times
Default re: Maruti Gypsy Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
Thanks. Guess the Bilstein B4 is the one to go for? Pete's Automotive Products Pvt Limited

Sorry for the OT, last question I promise

--Rahul

No Worries. I have not used Bilstein but have heard good reviews about the B6 Off Road Shocks. Someone had installed it in a gypsy and also a bolero i guess. Try searching Tbhp, you might find more information / threads as to who has had 1st hand information on it.

Enjoy. Cheers

Raj
Desmosedici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2012, 12:09   #945
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Panaji- Goa
Posts: 108
Thanked: 17 Times
Default re: Maruti Gypsy Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
No Worries. I have not used Bilstein but have heard good reviews about the B6 Off Road Shocks. Someone had installed it in a gypsy and also a bolero i guess. Try searching Tbhp, you might find more information / threads as to who has had 1st hand information on it.

Enjoy. Cheers

Raj
Desmosedici, please allow me to enlighten fellow 4x4 BHpians that Bilstein B6 is a very good suspension upgrade .
Having installed one of the first sets sold by Petes way back in 2008 on my Gypsy 1.3Mpfi, I am superemely confident of charging "flat out when in doubt'' situations when no one else dares to !!
You pay a premium for them but in return it rewards you with ''confidence and surefootedness'' in all conditions irrespective of road terrain
ketla2411 is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gypsy vs Gypsy King prasygreat 4x4 Vehicles 90 15th April 2016 01:14
Gypsy Mod Pictures: Rear Seat & Bed drbones 4x4 Technical 5 7th December 2013 00:43
Gypsy or Classic ? Now bought Gypsy pdev29 SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 45 25th July 2008 11:19
Gypsy driving a Gypsy enygma Introduce yourself 6 29th June 2007 15:47
gypsy owners... pictures and mods please... team dragstar Modifications & Accessories 0 27th March 2007 13:59


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:13.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks