Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Old 8th April 2011, 12:32   #631
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Got Jeep! CJ3B Hurricane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Arre babaa why didi start with disc brakes and tyre upgrade in the first place. Even in stock form NDMS is a hazard, am very very careful on Tarmac with those tyres.
@Jaggu Bhai:

If I were you, I'd do the following:

1. Beg Borrow Steal a MPFi Head that suits the 2.1 Petrol - You should know where to beg

2. If #1, not possible - throw the engine and get a new ECU controlled engine that has support for additional inputs and outputs.

3. Get the 550 front installed and modify the GB / install a new 4wd GB that supports #2.

4. Install TC as well as ABS/EBD units / sensors from other automobiles into the automobile one is building to ensure failsafe high speed driving.

5. If all the above is a headache and not worth doing, just buy the THAR. Heard they are giving AC with the vehicle as a special offer

If you choose #5 above, then I will guide you in totality as to how to make the vehicle better!!

On a serious note, do not waste money on the 3B to do what it ain't designed for.
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2011, 12:42   #632
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
On a serious note, do not waste money on the 3B to do what it ain't designed for.
Not throwing anything right now, common its not like am itching to do anything. Am just collecting info so that i don't reinvent the wheel and throw money out. Already many of the options i considered are kinda ruled out thanks to these knowledge sharing.

So let us see what comes out of these discussions. I know that CJ3B has always been averse to mods beyond a limit, still the optimist in me says something is there out there.
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2011, 16:29   #633
Team-BHP Support

Did 200+ kms yesterday, some offroad trail and few kms of proper offroading. Vehicle is running superb. Only hic up i faced were, once the engine is fully heated up when you restart engine, it stall after 30 secs or so while giving throttle. A dab of electric fuel pump and is back to normal.

So either the OE pump is not pumping enough at low revs, or something like vacuum/air lock is being built in the lines?? But this is only when engine is fully hot.

Second was hot starting requiring a longer crank with throttle open, looks like air screw which i had fiddled with.

But one things is for sure, man this jeep can do stuff offroad even with those crappy NDMS. I had good fun yesterday, the way it was crawling, crushing, slipping and munching on those crazy inclines was terrific! But onroad long hauls, with this crazy diff ratio, a real pain! Comfortable speed for the engine is 60 kmph, with the current ratio, beyond which the whrooom is too much. Though we did 80.9 kmph on GPS on those winding roads NDMS did give quite a few scare and i was not at all confident taking it over 70 on even NICE road. Absolutely no feel!

Now for a big twist in the story, DwArF might be for sale soon. Offer is only for a jeep lover

No no, dont assume something wrong with the jeep, more to do with other priorities.
Old 10th April 2011, 18:37   #634
Senior - BHPian

^^ Jaggu are you sure on this? Don't tell me you are buying a brand new Gypsy after selling the CJ3B. Had it been KL registered you would have got a call by now.

Spike
SPIKE ARRESTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2011, 19:07   #635
Senior - BHPian

Jaggu is Tharred I think.
fazalaliadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2011, 19:28   #636
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
^^ Jaggu are you sure on this? Don't tell me you are buying a brand new Gypsy after selling the CJ3B. Had it been KL registered you would have got a call by now.

Spike
Ok let me make it KL registered then

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Jaggu is Tharred I think.
Not at all, never! I personally feel Thar has loads of limitation and is very well overpriced
Old 10th April 2011, 21:05   #637
Senior - BHPian

Whoa, Jaggu, what a move?!!??!! You are the 2nd Off roader I know in recent months who is stepping away from off roading.
svsantosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2011, 21:14   #638
Senior - BHPian

Stepping away from offroading?? He never said that! Or did he? Someone rightly said in some other thread "Even Rajni cannot guess what the Bangalore boys are upto?"

Spike
SPIKE ARRESTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2011, 21:31   #639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Whoa, Jaggu, what a move?!!??!! You are the 2nd Off roader I know in recent months who is stepping away from off roading.
Who's the first one ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Stepping away from offroading?? He never said that! Or did he? Someone rightly said in some other thread "Even Rajni cannot guess what the Bangalore boys are upto?"

Spike

ROFL
livyodream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2011, 08:46   #640
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Jaggu - what man, had enough? Please don't sell. You'll never get it again. If DWARF had been LHD, I would have picked it up.

B
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2011, 10:53   #641
Senior - BHPian

Et tu,Jaggu? Over the last two years, i have seen people in the forum end up selling their restored jeeps after putting a considerable time and efforts. In fact this has been the trend barring a few exceptions.

A 3b is a legend and excels in its own territory. But no matter what some people say (e.g. consistent top speed of 90+, mileage in the range of 9+ kmpl etc etc) it can't be an allrounder jeep and definitely not for the long trips. This was one reason i shied away from picking a 3b, offered to me at a very reasonable price when i was in search of a petrol jeep.

Though i would like to believe your reason might be something different than the desire to have an allrounder Jeep with considerably good on-road behaviour. Since you have put in so much of efforts and know what the jeep can do, keep Dwarf if there is absolutely no other alternative.
Kandisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2011, 11:02   #642
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
Though i would like to believe your reason might be something different than the desire to have an allrounder Jeep with considerably good on-road behaviour.
Much more than this and as i said, its a big "might be" and only if i find the right buyer, which includes the price Anyway while this happens i might just be getting the trepadors also, keeping everything crossed!

@DB: You can never have enough of a CJ3B, that is the beauty of it.
Old 11th April 2011, 15:25   #643
Senior - BHPian

Jaggu,
Why are you "might be" selling" your 3B? Why?
I thought we would do the Alfa Kilo in our Jeeps, together.
Regards,
fazalaliadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2011, 15:50   #644
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Jaggu - what man, had enough? Please don't sell. You'll never get it again. If DWARF had been LHD, I would have picked it up.

B
Same here........

Thats jumping the Gun too early.

You know your priorities well. All the Best.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2011, 22:53   #645
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Jaggu,
Why are you "might be" selling" your 3B? Why?
I thought we would do the Alfa Kilo in our Jeeps, together.
Regards,
If he is still around, which as i foresee is a big possibility, maybe i can ship him up and join you guys. Reason for selling is $$$ So unless price is met, nothing moves from parking spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Same here........

Thats jumping the Gun too early.

You know your priorities well. All the Best.
Thanks man, let me know if there is someone else who might be interested in taking care of him. Who knows maybe only for a short while

Last edited by Jaggu : 11th April 2011 at 23:00.