| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|1st April 2010, 08:52||#16|
Join Date: Feb 2010
Thanked: 44 Times
Congratulations!!! Behram Dhabhar,
Its makes us proud to be associated with TBHP with people like you around.
Wishing you all the very best in your new role.
|1st April 2010, 09:41||#17|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Oct 2008
Thanked: 624 Times
A proud moment for you, your team and members of T-BHP.
M&M bosses know what BEST means and can recognize it.
A veteran in off-roading, building Hybrids, R&D, technical wizard and most vital... immeasurable passion for 4X4's.
Others in your company could possibly qualify for the above criterion but never the last one.
There is a lot more we can expect from M&M with you as its Head COE.
You will always be known as the father of the THAR, driven by single minded dedication and effort it took you to get this project where it is. Your dedicated young team deserve to be by your side in your ascent.
Wishing you, your team and the THAR unprecedented success ahead.
Last edited by fazalaliadil : 1st April 2010 at 09:48.
|1st April 2010, 09:55||#18|
Join Date: Oct 2009
Thanked: 0 Times
This is really an exiting dimension to all motor enthusiasts, more so for the Jeep / SUV enthusiasts. The forum TBHP is becoming the melting pot of car lovers / owners and people like Behram who can add a lot of value to enrich car owner's experiences but also use the feedback to respond to niche market requirements in this case Jeep / SUV user segment.
Events like these only make the driving experiences more enjoyable and safer.
Behram Saab, all the very best in your new role.
|1st April 2010, 10:01||#19|
Distinguished - BHPian
Join Date: Jul 2007
Thanked: 3,454 Times
Behram saab, Congrats on this position. Hope to see more comfortable mainstream 4x4 vehicles from M&M soon (i.e closer to 6L)
|1st April 2010, 10:02||#20|
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: new delhi
Thanked: 46 Times
A salute to the executive who recognizes customers needs and actually dwells amongst them to get the best feedback for his company. I am sure M&M is proud to have you and the reason for their success is attributed to folks like yourself
Hopefully we will see the best off roaders coming out of your stable soon. For me, I am waiting for the launch announcement on the AXE, Hope you will be coming out with it soon
All the best
|1st April 2010, 10:07||#21|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Feb 2008
Thanked: 932 Times
Dear Mr. Dhabhar hearty congrats on your new role, one I have no doubt you will do immense justice to.
Some ideas on projects you could consider
1. Scorpio All Wheel Drive with lockable torsen centre diff
2. Scorpio with selectable 4wd to get front traction control and rear mechanical locking diff
3. Bolero with front and rear mechanical locking diffs
4. Thar with selectable 4wd and front traction control and rear mechanical locking diff
5. Aluminium bodied CJ3B with aluminium alloy version of the Hurricane engine, fuel injected, disc brakes, solid axle front and back with coil suspension, roll bar, four point seatbelt harness, front and back mechanical diff lockers
6. Expedition version of Bolero with trail package, ie front and rear mechanical lockers, winches front and back, water tanks, additional fuel tanks with dual fuel pump system
7. Offroad accessories from sliders to roof racks to winches to navigation devices
|1st April 2010, 10:08||#22|
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanked: 57 Times
Congrats man! may the new financial year bring you much more prosperity.
What I would like to have from MM is a 5 seater soft-roader under 10L (on road) with the following specs:
* Desiel (Common rail) / petrol (VVT) engines - around 1.6L
* Around 100BHP
* 6 speed AT, with indication of the gear in the instrument cluster.
* Gear lever in the front dash to free up space between the front seats.
* min 2 front Airbags/ ABS / EBD
* Cruise control
* Car like handling and smaller turning radius
* Good FE
* Engine immobilizer and security system / key less entry
* Reverse parking assist
* Adjustable steering wheel, EPS.
* Good music system with bluetooth, USB and front tweeters.
* Integrated Navigation system.
* Fog lamps
* Rear LED lights
* Alloy wheels - 16" tubeless tyres
* Good ground clearance
* Height adjustable front seat belts
* Comfortable seating
* Height/support adjustable driver seats
* Rear seat adjustable like the front seats and 60:40 split, like in Nissan Tiida hatchback.
* Good luggage space with parcel tray like in Tiida hatchback
* Spare wheel inside like in a car like in Nissan Xtrail.
* Low maintenance
* Smaller than the Scorpio
No other bells and whistles required, like Voice assist, tyre-tronics, auto headlights, auto wiper, etc...
|1st April 2010, 10:13||#23|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Nov 2004
Thanked: 1,799 Times
Congratulations on your Promotion and Appointment.
A few Quick Questions
1) This (COE)seems like another new ploy to fleece customers (Cult Vehicles and the Prospective Off-Roader)
2) What difference are you going to make to M&M 4WDs and the Recreational Off-Road Scenario. (the Thar does not cut it here)
3) Are you going to make FFRA/Solid Axle & Roll-Cages mandatory on all 4WD vehicles (Yes/No)
4) Are you going to introduce a NGCS MM550XD with MDI3200TC+ NGT5204WD +MRCBT+ 57"OKBJ +53"FFRA?
5) On the forum you are definitely one of us. BUT, Can we expect to see you regularly at the bigger Indian OTRs before we really consider you as one of us. (I guess that will be one of the Perks as of Head of COE 4WDs)
6) How do you intend to build customer goodwill? The way you have gone about the M&M Thar & MM540 Wish List is not the best business practice.
PS - IFS+IRS MM540 aka Thar Miss-Adventure, or a Scandalous Solid Axle Scorpio.
Last edited by ex670c : 1st April 2010 at 10:24.
|1st April 2010, 10:13||#24|
Join Date: Oct 2009
Thanked: 374 Times
BD Sir, thats great news for all of us !!!!!!!!!!!!
Please accept our well wishes!!!!!!!!!
A person like yourself can only bring about a positive change to M&M, and most importantly , to 4*4 enthu's!!!!!!!!
Here's our verdict for the Thar- even before we drive it - !!!!!!!!
|1st April 2010, 10:29||#25|
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island, NY
Thanked: 1,492 Times
Behram, congratulations! We need enthusiasts like you driving away the fossilized decision-making in the automotive board rooms of this country.
Best of luck, and I think Mahindra's offerings just got spicier!
|1st April 2010, 10:37||#26|
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New Delhi
Thanked: 16 Times
Congratulations and celebrations !
Well done boss. You have made this a very exciting year, errr could you let us know what the Thar will retail for and when we could get a 4wd Bolero VLX.
I know you have been taking a good amount of flak but hang in there and keep the excitement coming.
|1st April 2010, 10:58||#30|
Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanked: 272 Times
Congratulations Behram Sir!
Just one more request i would like to add to the list, please don't force customers to buy high-end versions or the lowest end of the vehicles if they need 4wd. (So is the case with Scorpio and Bolero respectively)
Cheers and Congratulations once again.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Front Wheel Drive v/s Rear Wheel Drive||Revvhead||Technical Stuff||269||3rd August 2017 15:48|
|Delhi - Excellent service centre for Fiat Cars by Bosch "Wheel Force Centre"||arjunn||Indian Car Dealerships||45||29th April 2014 14:51|
|Mercedes-Benz opens 'Centre of Excellence' at Chakan||Aditya||The Indian Car Scene||1||12th December 2013 10:18|
|Front wheel drive Vs Rear wheel drive||ivar1951||The Indian Car Scene||2||17th March 2010 15:08|
|Rear wheel drive or Front wheel drive : What is your choice ?||adrian||Technical Stuff||1||25th January 2010 16:26|