Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2010, 17:04   #1
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 731
Thanked: 53 Times
Default Extreme Power customizes a "Scorpio 4x4 AT"

Finally it was time for me to take on a more commercial vehicle,

yes i know the scorpio is not the best offroader around and there is not much one can do to raise the front her specially the front without too much complication
but what the heck,it was time for me to sparkle some of my magic on a scorpio 4x4 automatic,

For starters this vehicle is brilliant on the road, the gearbox is very responsive and the comfort and specially the gismos provided are in class apart,

So there rolls in this vehicle,
a two week old white scorpio into my garage, waiting to be transformed
first look at her and i wonderd what all madness can she take,

drove her for a week to get to know her better before i started working on her,

Name:  Resize of scorp.JPG
Views: 9903
Size:  56.4 KB
Name:  Resize of scorp1.JPG
Views: 8427
Size:  55.6 KB

work has started for about a week now
this is what i have planned
+ Custom winch bumper with fogs and indicators
+ Custom roll cage
+ Custom Snorkel
+ Stone guard cum side step
+ Entire underbody protection, diff,fuel tank guard
+ very very heavy duty frony skid plate
+ britpart 9500lbs winch
+ light force and roo lites (how could i do without them)
+ mudterrain tyres and a new set of alloys
+ window tints
+ maybe hi lift jack and bridging ladders
+ custom paint job
+ chequered plate work
+ little stickering if applicable

need some help though from scorpio owners and tyre gurus,
anyways the scorpio has poor articualtion
i want to keep the wheel size at 16 to gain clearance, what would be the best upsize i can go without having the tyres eating into my fenders while articulating

project is in full swing,
pictures of work in progress by tommorow morning

regards,
Allan
xtreme power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2010, 18:01   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
fazalaliadil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 2,022
Thanked: 623 Times
Default

Eagerly awaiting the transformation.
fazalaliadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2010, 18:10   #3
BHPian
 
sumanth_mk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: ಕರ&
Posts: 45
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

waiting for tomorrow
sumanth_mk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2010, 18:20   #4
Senior - BHPian
 
jaysmokesleaves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mostly Mumbai
Posts: 1,673
Thanked: 1,143 Times
Default

One suggestion not listed in your list. Please dispose of that rodent tooth grill too.

Will a 9500lbs winch be adequate for a vehicle weighing in at almost 2.5 tons..?(if the owner ever intends to use it)
This is going to be one looker of a vehicle at the end of it. Waiting for the outcome.
Cant wait for the WIP pics.

Cheers,

Jay
jaysmokesleaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2010, 18:22   #5
BHPian
 
DesertKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Jodhpur, Rajasthan
Posts: 460
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

Whatever you do with a machine but one thing would be common for sure... Light Force . I am eager to see the outcome of your built Scorpio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme power View Post
+ light force and roo lites (how could i do without them)
DesertKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2010, 18:58   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
Desmosedici's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,381
Thanked: 405 Times
Default

You are a Midas in TBhp, whatever you touch turns into a beautiful beast.

I wish i had enough moolah to get my gypsy work done by you.

Now eagerly awaiting to see the transformation of the scorpio. i know it will sting!
Desmosedici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2010, 19:32   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
rjstyles69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bengalooru..
Posts: 4,343
Thanked: 784 Times
Default

Allan the list is really long.

Quote:
+ Custom winch bumper with fogs and indicators
+ Custom roll cage
+ Custom Snorkel
+ Stone guard cum side step
+ Entire underbody protection, diff,fuel tank guard
+ very very heavy duty frony skid plate
+ britpart 9500lbs winch
+ light force and roo lites (how could i do without them)
+ mudterrain tyres and a new set of alloys
+ window tints
+ maybe hi lift jack and bridging ladders
+ custom paint job
+ chequered plate work
+ little stickering if applicable
Wonder what mayhem its gonna cause once on road. I think this would be the very 1st of its kind on this forum. Good luck.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 11:11   #8
Senior - BHPian
 
jeepster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: MH24 aka LATUR
Posts: 1,521
Thanked: 941 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme power View Post
i want to keep the wheel size at 16 to gain clearance, what would be the best upsize i can go without having the tyres eating into my fenders while articulating
regards,
Allan
the getaway has 245/75/r16 from factory .
don't know about the amount of articulation of getaway.



for the build.

Last edited by jeepster : 15th April 2010 at 11:12.
jeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 11:25   #9
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 731
Thanked: 53 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
the getaway has 245/75/r16 from factory .
don't know about the amount of articulation of getaway.



for the build.
im looking in the 265 category
the current tyres on the vehicle are 235/70r16
need something to give the vehicle a better stance

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
One suggestion not listed in your list. Please dispose of that rodent tooth grill too.

Will a 9500lbs winch be adequate for a vehicle weighing in at almost 2.5 tons..?(if the owner ever intends to use it)
This is going to be one looker of a vehicle at the end of it. Waiting for the outcome.
Cant wait for the WIP pics.

Cheers,

Jay
Sorry to mention it earlier butt he grill is gone to, already packed and sent to storage, shall do a neat mesh design.
i think 9500 should be sufficeint
ill do a winch test, if not enought ill put in the 12000lbs


Also wondering whether i should do a body lift?
xtreme power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 11:50   #10
BHPian
 
star_aqua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 612
Thanked: 88 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme power View Post

Also wondering whether i should do a body lift?
Yes, body lift is very much required and it will allow mudzillas to go in. with this mod, the looks of scorpio will change entirely. No matter, if other mods are performed without this, the scorpio will look like a tourer or expedition vehicle and not like an off-roader.
star_aqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 12:10   #11
BHPian
 
gsferrari's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 842
Thanked: 131 Times
Default

Allan - the road manners of the Scorpio are scary. LOADS of body roll and the front keeps bobbing if you dab the brakes. I assume this car is going to be driven mainly on the roads. Some suggestions from my side:

1. Weight Loss program - fiber boot lid and some lightening on the rear door. If owner is OK with it - some of the body panels can also be done in fiber. Lose all unnecessary fittings that add to the weight. The stock wheels are also HEAVY!

2. Stiffer suspension and high-end shocks.

If you remember the Thar (with IFS) was bottoming out on the front end. Scorp is heavier and also has IFS possibly with lower GC as well.


I think weight is it's biggest enemy when it comes to road performance and a diet-program will also help it off-road as well.
gsferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 12:14   #12
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 731
Thanked: 53 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsferrari View Post
Allan - the road manners of the Scorpio are scary. LOADS of body roll and the front keeps bobbing if you dab the brakes. I assume this car is going to be driven mainly on the roads. Some suggestions from my side:

1. Weight Loss program - fiber boot lid and some lightening on the rear door. If owner is OK with it - some of the body panels can also be done in fiber. Lose all unnecessary fittings that add to the weight. The stock wheels are also HEAVY!

2. Stiffer suspension and high-end shocks.

If you remember the Thar (with IFS) was bottoming out on the front end. Scorp is heavier and also has IFS possibly with lower GC as well.


I think weight is it's biggest enemy when it comes to road performance and a diet-program will also help it off-road as well.
got i buddy,
shall see to most of the points

Quote:
Originally Posted by star_aqua View Post
Yes, body lift is very much required and it will allow mudzillas to go in. with this mod, the looks of scorpio will change entirely. No matter, if other mods are performed without this, the scorpio will look like a tourer or expedition vehicle and not like an off-roader.
buddy if you know of anyone who has added a body lift, kindly pass on some details, i think two banglore vehicles have them, any details

my only concern is the added body roll that the higher cg will provide


regards
Allan
xtreme power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 13:08   #13
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Tejas@perioimpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 3,947
Thanked: 4,766 Times
Default

Hi allan,

Here are some pics from the Bangalore OTR for reference:













Tejas@perioimpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 14:14   #14
Senior - BHPian
 
vinod_nookala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,737
Thanked: 410 Times
Default

Allan,
Can't wait to see this transformation, please bring it ON!!
vinod_nookala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 14:21   #15
BHPian
 
ikoneer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: chennai
Posts: 486
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Now the magic of allan begins.

Why would someone want to buy a new car and modify it completely, why could not have he gone for a old jeep rather. Is it because of the AT?
ikoneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Cayenne" we "XC-eed" in our "Endeavour" to "Safari"? Taking powerful metal off-road SS-Traveller 4x4 Excursions 55 10th November 2016 22:56
Team 4x4 Extreme - Kerala sandeepgnair 4x4 Excursions 106 12th September 2015 22:38
Extreme 4x4 chain drive jeepster 4x4 Vehicles 20 4th September 2013 03:49
R&T Extreme 4x4 - Dec 12th -13th swastikviji 4x4 Excursions 107 30th January 2010 10:31
Extreme 4x4 Sri Lanka zipperone 4x4 Excursions 10 5th January 2010 17:25


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:19.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks