Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2010, 15:51   #256
BHPian
 
krishnathanthri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mysore <---> Bangalore
Posts: 299
Thanked: 41 Times
Default Tail Lamp

Any specific reason for using Omni Tail lamps?

I prefer the tail lamp fixed in your inspiration jeep, posted by you.
www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/80026-my-monster-mm-550-a-3.html#post1850922 (My Monster(MM) 550)

Anyways Omni tail lamp doesn’t look bad.

Regards,
Krishna Thanthri
krishnathanthri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 18:20   #257
BHPian
 
Jassy1313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 278
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnathanthri View Post
Any specific reason for using Omni Tail lamps?

I prefer the tail lamp fixed in your inspiration jeep, posted by you.
www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/80026-my-monster-mm-550-a-3.html#post1850922 (My Monster(MM) 550)

Anyways Omni tail lamp doesn’t look bad.

Regards,
Krishna Thanthri
I tried a lot to get CJ7's lights but didn't find them anywhere in Mumbai/Pune so ended up installing those..
Jassy1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 14:47   #258
BHPian
 
350biker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Nasik
Posts: 161
Thanked: 80 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassy1313 View Post
I tried a lot to get CJ7's lights but didn't find them anywhere in Mumbai/Pune so ended up installing those..

Jaaaybhai, since my hometown is Nasik, and we have an artilery centre at Devlali, I have seen a lot of old army jeeps there. You can check with someone in Nasik. I shall be visiting nasik maybe last week of this month and will let you know incase i find some link there....PM me incase you need anything specific
350biker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2010, 16:36   #259
BHPian
 
Jassy1313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 278
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350biker View Post
Jaaaybhai, since my hometown is Nasik, and we have an artilery centre at Devlali, I have seen a lot of old army jeeps there. You can check with someone in Nasik. I shall be visiting nasik maybe last week of this month and will let you know incase i find some link there....PM me incase you need anything specific
Thank you.. If there is anything I require I will definitely Share with You..
Jassy1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2010, 16:50   #260
BHPian
 
allana13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Maidenhead
Posts: 541
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Good Progress since i last viewd this topic.

Any plans on raising height of the Jeep and if so how ???
allana13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2010, 17:15   #261
BHPian
 
Jassy1313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 278
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by allana13 View Post
Good Progress since i last viewd this topic.

Any plans on raising height of the Jeep and if so how ???
Ya I will raise the height using Shackle lifts and later go for SPOA..
Jassy1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2010, 18:13   #262
Senior - BHPian
 
pramodkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Gods own country
Posts: 1,971
Thanked: 819 Times
Default

Not a big Fan of Omni lights. I wish this one had a wrangler type round taillights, the present one surly looks out of place.


Pramod
pramodkumar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2010, 20:25   #263
BHPian
 
Jassy1313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 278
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

Monster on the 3rd stage of the painting process.. Pics coming soon..
Jassy1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2010, 04:42   #264
Senior - BHPian
 
Amartya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Evanston
Posts: 1,687
Thanked: 335 Times
Default

Brilliant. I first interpreted that as the third coat of paint, and I was .
Anyway, let's have the pictures ASAP.
Amartya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2010, 14:57   #265
BHPian
 
350biker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Nasik
Posts: 161
Thanked: 80 Times
Default

waiting for the pictures jassybhai.

Was wanting to know your view if one should wait for the monsoons to get over before painting? Does monsoon play any role ?
350biker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2010, 16:44   #266
Senior - BHPian
 
jeepster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: MH24 aka LATUR
Posts: 1,521
Thanked: 941 Times
Default

i think he is in pune taking pictures.
jeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2010, 18:31   #267
BHPian
 
Jassy1313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 278
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350biker View Post
waiting for the pictures jassybhai.

Was wanting to know your view if one should wait for the monsoons to get over before painting? Does monsoon play any role ?
It depends upon the place the process is done.. The place where my monster is getting painted is covered and painting will be done in ''Painting Oven'' so monsoon doesn't make any difference..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
i think he is in pune taking pictures.
Toto is mailing me the pics..
Jassy1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2010, 22:46   #268
BHPian
 
350biker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Nasik
Posts: 161
Thanked: 80 Times
Default

Jassybhai, could you PM me the details of this guy you got your monster from in Pune? I am looking out for a similar xd 550 and would be visiting pune next weekend.
350biker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2010, 23:20   #269
BHPian
 
Jassy1313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 278
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350biker View Post
Jassybhai, could you PM me the details of this guy you got your monster from in Pune? I am looking out for a similar xd 550 and would be visiting pune next weekend.
I have PM you the details..
Jassy1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2010, 22:05   #270
BHPian
 
Jassy1313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 278
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

Updated pics of the Jeep- 19/7/2010..
Attached Thumbnails
My Monster(MM) 550-1.jpg  

My Monster(MM) 550-2.jpg  

My Monster(MM) 550-3.jpg  

My Monster(MM) 550-4.jpg  

My Monster(MM) 550-5.jpg  

My Monster(MM) 550-6.jpg  

My Monster(MM) 550-7.jpg  

My Monster(MM) 550-8.jpg  

Jassy1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pics: Monster Jam - Monster Trucks with 1,500 horsepower! Twinn Int'l Motorsport 17 14th April 2015 05:53
The elusive MM540 / 550. EDIT: New Search for ex-Army 550 on page 9 IronWolf 4x4 Vehicles 146 13th February 2015 23:02
Monster Trucks at the Monster Jam 2012 - IZOD Center troublemaker The International Automotive Scene 3 28th November 2012 15:08
Ducati Monster 796 Vs Yamaha FZ1 EDIT - Bought A Red Monster shayne Superbikes & Imports 130 10th February 2012 15:40
550 BHP VW Jetta amit The International Automotive Scene 5 9th November 2009 22:13


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:32.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks