Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2010, 12:28   #331
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Tejas@perioimpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 3,947
Thanked: 4,765 Times
Default

Hi Jassy. Good job.

A few comments:
- The postion of the welded front tow loop will interfere with recovery
- Try to add a front rhino hook as well
- Double secure the sports pedals. They will be the first to go after a few OTRs
- The ORVMs are very inadequate on road. Try to go in for bolero ones.
- Add a pintle hook in the rear.
- Please consider a shackle lift or you will rip those fenders off during the very first OTR.

Jassy, i know most of the times my comments are not appreciative but critical, but please understand that i'm only trying to help you make a proper offroader. That's all. Hope there is no misunderstanding.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2010, 12:30   #332
BHPian
 
Jassy1313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 278
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Jassy the meters and pedals look superb and go with the overall look of the car. You have a mix of Almost Pearl white, matt back and crome. Lovely, Now for the tyres. soft Canopy planned?
Thanx man.. BTW its not pearl white, actually the pics were clicked during evening time so the colour looks like that. Its Bright White.. Next time I'll try to get more clear pictures..
Thanx once again..
Jassy1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2010, 12:40   #333
BHPian
 
Jassy1313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 278
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Hi Jassy. Good job.

A few comments:
- The postion of the welded front tow loop will interfere with recovery
- Try to add a front rhino hook as well
- Double secure the sports pedals. They will be the first to go after a few OTRs
- The ORVMs are very inadequate on road. Try to go in for bolero ones.
- Add a pintle hook in the rear.
- Please consider a shackle lift or you will rip those fenders off during the very first OTR.

Jassy, i know most of the times my comments are not appreciative but critical, but please understand that i'm only trying to help you make a proper offroader. That's all. Hope there is no misunderstanding.
There are many things I am already installing eg. Pintle hook, shackle lift,etc..
The mirrors are ok for me considering my driving style..
Thank you for every help and comment from your side.. looking forward for more..
Jassy1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2010, 15:15   #334
Senior - BHPian
 
pdev29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,037
Thanked: 258 Times
Default

Jassi,

if you are planning to offroad then you will need to raise the height for sure,
better tow hook
front mesh grill to avoid any stone hitting to your radiator.

please post the pics of finished product.

cheers
Devang
pdev29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2010, 09:05   #335
BHPian
 
Jassy1313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 278
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

Updated pics of the Jeep- 7/8/2010..
Attached Thumbnails
My Monster(MM) 550-1.jpg  

My Monster(MM) 550-2.jpg  

My Monster(MM) 550-3.jpg  

My Monster(MM) 550-4.jpg  

Jassy1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2010, 10:18   #336
BHPian
 
AslamHussain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 45
Thanked: Once
Default

Is the spare tyre mounted up for a technical reason or is it just for the cosmetic looks?
AslamHussain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2010, 10:37   #337
BHPian
 
Jassy1313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 278
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AslamHussain View Post
Is the spare tyre mounted up for a technical reason or is it just for the cosmetic looks?
There is no specific reason for that..
Jassy1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2010, 18:49   #338
Senior - BHPian
 
jeepster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: MH24 aka LATUR
Posts: 1,521
Thanked: 941 Times
Default

wow!!
looks perfect.
only lacks some wheel spacers. (for looks only ,not for offroading)

nikhil
jeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2010, 02:21   #339
AVR
BHPian
 
AVR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 929
Thanked: 511 Times
Default

Hi Jassy,

Been following up on your thread since the start. Jeep's looking awesome but just one thing I noticed that is a remnant from the 550 and usually not seen in the open 540/550s is the one highlighted in red below. Is it too late to get it changed. The usual is the curved shape shown in red and not the right angle. Correct me if left intentionally.

Nevertheless, Congratulations for a lovely jeep. It looks awesome. I surely believe there's more you can tinker around with this shape to your interests rather than the CJ3 shape which looks best only in the classic stock look.

Cheers,
Adi

My Monster(MM) 550-jassyjeep.jpg
AVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2010, 11:42   #340
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: in a Toyota!
Posts: 2,686
Thanked: 591 Times
Default

Jassy please look at the photo i posted and comment.

i think the rollbar and the cross bars to support the soft top are too high compared to the windshield!

please see the red lines in have made in the photo.

wont it make the jeep look very tall from the rear compared to the front?
Attached Thumbnails
My Monster(MM) 550-4.jpg  

Parm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2010, 11:56   #341
BHPian
 
Gill22g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mohali
Posts: 38
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Jassi your gaddi has come out looking stunning. the color looks awesome, Waiting for more pics
Gill22g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2010, 10:26   #342
BHPian
 
Jassy1313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 278
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVR View Post
Hi Jassy,

Been following up on your thread since the start. Jeep's looking awesome but just one thing I noticed that is a remnant from the 550 and usually not seen in the open 540/550s is the one highlighted in red below. Is it too late to get it changed. The usual is the curved shape shown in red and not the right angle. Correct me if left intentionally.

Nevertheless, Congratulations for a lovely jeep. It looks awesome. I surely believe there's more you can tinker around with this shape to your interests rather than the CJ3 shape which looks best only in the classic stock look.

Cheers,
Adi

Attachment 401831
If you'll notice that cj5 has the curve but cj 7 doesn't.. I am following the cj7 pattern.. Thanx for the concern..
Hoping for more suggestions..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
Jassy please look at the photo i posted and comment.

i think the rollbar and the cross bars to support the soft top are too high compared to the windshield!

please see the red lines in have made in the photo.

wont it make the jeep look very tall from the rear compared to the front?
Actually the thing is I have made the windscreen bend a little and I have taken the exact measurements of the rollbar and Windscreen from the original cj7 model but not of roof.. It came later.. But Roof is only for the rainy season i.e. for 3-4 monts so doesn't make any difference for me, after that only the rollbar will remain, rest all will go off.. After that the Jeep will look the same as I have uploaded the pics of CJ7 on 3rd-4th page..
The actual movie starts after the October.. :-D

Last edited by Rehaan : 10th August 2010 at 17:55. Reason: TBHP rules permit 2 smileys max per post. Please make sure you read the rules before continuing. Thanks.
Jassy1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2010, 10:54   #343
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 307
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

[Actually the thing is I have made the windscreen bend a little and I have taken the exact measurements of the rollbar and Windscreen from the original cj7 model but not of roof.. It came later.. But Roof is only for the rainy season i.e. for 3-4 monts so doesn't make any difference for me, after that only the rollbar will remain, rest all will go off.. After that the Jeep will look the same as I have uploaded the pics of CJ7 on 3rd-4th page..
The actual movie starts after the October.. [/quote]

You can still trim those bars and fix them.
Or else they will help in aero dynamics
davids4x4mm550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2010, 11:02   #344
BHPian
 
Jassy1313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 278
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

I'll do that but later coz there are many things remaining and time is too less.. But Thanx for the Idea..
Jassy1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2010, 11:14   #345
BHPian
 
Jassy1313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 278
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

The bullet after restoration.. The one which Toto bought from the auction..
Attached Thumbnails
My Monster(MM) 550-bullet.jpg  


Last edited by Jassy1313 : 9th August 2010 at 11:16.
Jassy1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pics: Monster Jam - Monster Trucks with 1,500 horsepower! Twinn Int'l Motorsport 17 14th April 2015 05:53
The elusive MM540 / 550. EDIT: New Search for ex-Army 550 on page 9 IronWolf 4x4 Vehicles 146 13th February 2015 23:02
Monster Trucks at the Monster Jam 2012 - IZOD Center troublemaker The International Automotive Scene 3 28th November 2012 15:08
Ducati Monster 796 Vs Yamaha FZ1 EDIT - Bought A Red Monster shayne Superbikes & Imports 130 10th February 2012 15:40
550 BHP VW Jetta amit The International Automotive Scene 5 9th November 2009 22:13


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:37.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks