Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Old 15th June 2011, 08:16   #481
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: My Monster(MM) 550

Dear Jassy, why don't you post the real reason behind selling your Jeep? And the whole story behind it? Other people should know so that they don't make the same mistakes.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2011, 09:16   #482
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Thought i'd get this answer...
Why Tejas why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Was this the time when I ran past all of you at 300KMPH??
Good one Cyrus LOL!

Quote:
Why PM? This is an open forum, share details here with everyone about your mechanic's tuning skills.
A XD? engine doing 140+, that would be interesting. Perhaps something to share with my engine calibration guys (who actually limit things).

Spike
SPIKE ARRESTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2011, 10:05   #483
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Jassy, why don't you post the real reason behind selling your Jeep? And the whole story behind it? Other people should know so that they don't make the same mistakes.
Tejas,
Do you have any inside scoop on the sale. Please do share.
regards
salil
PS: Especially about the mistakes, you mentioned.
scphanse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2011, 10:16   #484
Distinguished - BHPian

Let's just wait for Jassy to share the reasons. It's his jeep after all.

I just hope you are not selling it to a bhpian.
Old 15th June 2011, 10:17   #485
BHPian

Dear Tejas, I am selling my Jeep because of medical reasons. I had a terrible accident a few years back because of which my Back and my left knee got hurt real bad and now driving a Jeep daily is making them go worse so doctors suggested me to stop driving for few months. so I am planning to go for an Automatic transmission car..
I suggest everyone to drive safe so that you don't have to face problems like me in future.
God Bless You..
Jassy1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2011, 10:20   #486
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassy1313 View Post
Dear Tejas, I am selling my Jeep because of medical reasons. I had a terrible accident a few years back because of which my Back and my left knee got hurt real bad and now driving a Jeep daily is making them go worse so doctors suggested me to stop driving for few months. so I am planning to go for an Automatic transmission car..
I suggest everyone to drive safe so that you don't have to face problems like me in future.
God Bless You..
Oh. that's bad to hear. Hope you get better. Other than that there were never any issues with your jeep na? eg. Build quality, steering geometry, overheating, rattles, engine issues, etc?
Old 15th June 2011, 13:08   #487
BHPian

Quote:
I love my Baby Very Much..
Hey Jassy, can you tell me what's rotary switch (as it looks to me) near to ORVM in your 3rd pic?

Thanks,
Pradip.
pradipk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2011, 14:16   #488
BANNED

Quote:
Dear Tejas, I am selling my Jeep because of medical reasons. I had a terrible accident a few years back because of which my Back and my left knee got hurt real bad and now driving a Jeep daily is making them go worse so doctors suggested me to stop driving for few months. ==.
Oh, very sad , after doing all the hard work ----

cant you have a kind of driver or somthing ? for few months till you find & think to make it more comfortable ?

Sudarshan
Sudarshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2011, 14:31   #489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Tejas, I am selling my Jeep because of medical reasons. I had a terrible accident a few years back because of which my Back and my left knee got hurt real bad and now driving a Jeep daily is making them go worse so doctors suggested me to stop driving for few months.
Hey Jassy, sorry to hear about the accident. Wishing you a spedy recovery. Is the jeep finally sold?
Fauji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2011, 14:52   #490
Senior - BHPian

Jassy, if you are tired of the clutch pedal effort, there are lots of things which can be done to reduce it. Please think twice before selling your Jeep (considering the time and energy invested on it), I've not even thinking of the money factor involved in the build.

Spike
SPIKE ARRESTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2011, 02:00   #491
Senior - BHPian

Hey Jassy c'mon man you cant sell the beaut. I remember recently you came over to show it to me and were so proud of it. So much so i went and got one for myself. Loved the Rim Tyre combo and the way it turned out. Love the time and effort spent by you and everyone in your family. Call me, ill convince you to keep it. Fix a PS setup, ive done it on my Jeep so you have an example, no trial and error stuff. Also the clutch on my MM is as soft as any car youd drive. Check it out before you plan to sell ur Jeep. Moreover there are two big OTRs coming up, you just cant not attend them.

Heres a link to my thread. Will put up power steering details tomorrow.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...d-vehicle.html (Mm550 The Capable Offroad/onroad Vehicle)

Sorry @ Spike- need to ask you a whole lot of questions, please visit my thread to give your invaluable advise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradipk View Post
Hey Jassy, can you tell me what's rotary switch (as it looks to me) near to ORVM in your 3rd pic?

Thanks,
Pradip.
That switch comes only in Military spec vehicles and is used to operate the Black Out Convoy lights.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2011, 19:27   #492
BHPian

Jassy, I wish you good health and hope you get back in the saddle soon. Think over Sudarshanji's suggestion. Infact, I offer to do the driving for ya
adsjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2011, 20:08   #493
BHPian

Hi Jassy,

First of all a speedy recovery for your health.

I happened to come across this thread today and read it completely in 2hrs at one stretch. As i was reading a smile started building on my face and I jumped when i saw the output and finally my eyes are filled with tears after reading your monster is for sale.

Please keep a driver as suggested by many tbhpians or dont use if for few months till you recover however don't loose ur monster as it has encountered lot of effort.

Regards,
Saleem
beetle_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2011, 22:41   #494
BHPian

Hello Jassy

Sorry that you are planning to part with your "Baby love". My suggestion would be like all other team bhpians get driver to drive you around. sell somthing is very easy to get jeep in to the shape takes lot HARD Work and strength.

Take care Pal.
Roshan_v_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2011, 23:36   #495
BHPian

I agree that its really difficult to get the Jeep into shape and it takes a lot of Time and Hard Work and also Strength..
The Jeep is already gone.... SOLD.. :(
Jassy1313 is offline   Reply With Quote