Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Old 28th March 2011, 17:51   #166
BHPian

Default Re: Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
After reading the Pajero theft story in Bombay, the least I thought I should do was add UTSAV number plates with the non-openable screws. So God forbid in case of a theft, the plates cannot be changed in a jiffy.

Ordered online. INR 1225/- delivered in 48 hrs. Here are some pics of the special headless screws
Congratulations Ricky! That is a good buy i must say. Am interested in the older Pajero for a cousin of mine and shall PM you once i have spoken to him.

As far as the Utsav Plates go they are available ot Patel Bros. CP Outer Circle for 700 + taxes. with the special breakaway nuts.

Maybe the price you paid included handling and postage.
Manuuj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2011, 21:31   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
Congratulations Ricky! That is a good buy i must say. Am interested in the older Pajero for a cousin of mine and shall PM you once i have spoken to him.

As far as the Utsav Plates go they are available ot Patel Bros. CP Outer Circle for 700 + taxes. with the special breakaway nuts.

Maybe the price you paid included handling and postage.

You are welcome, the older Pajero is in the classifieds & I did respond to your querry.

I order my Utsav Plates on the net. They were home delivered with a bill for what I paid..surely they'd be cheaper if bought off a shop. Do factor in fuel costs of travel up & down.

Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2011, 21:39   #168
Senior - BHPian

One thing I have learned the hard way though, is never spend on a vehicle like you own it, that is IF you wanna sell it in the next year or so. NO ONE - read NO ONE appreciates the fact that you spent a large chunk of money for it to be in pristine condition..but habits die hard as they say.

No B-hpian & his distant cousin is ready to believe the amount spent on my older Pajero...that she is good to go for many more miles without a penny spent.....I got OE suspension & more but NO BODY wants to give credit for that.

For a third party it is a 1998, end of story.

Sad but true
Ricky_63 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2011, 21:58   #169
Senior - BHPian

You mean the older Pajero is still not sold? And how much did the bull audio amp cost u? Am interested in getting it. Is driven the only source?
Deeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2011, 10:17   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps View Post
You mean the older Pajero is still not sold? And how much did the bull audio amp cost u? Am interested in getting it. Is driven the only source?

The older Pajero is generating a lot of interest, but the numbers did not match up so far.

As for the Amplifier you can contact Jasdeep or Gunbir of BBW Distributors. Do not remember the cost as my install was a whole package. Should be around 8k not sure though
Old 10th April 2011, 23:36   #171
BHPian

Hey Ricky.
I would like to see your pajero and would certainly like to buy it.
My office is in gurgaon, let me know if you wish to sell it, I will come over to check the darling and discuss over the deal.
Honda Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2011, 10:39   #172
Senior - BHPian

@honda monk - I have replied to you via mail, as there is no PM possible till you are a newbie.
Old 22nd April 2011, 17:25   #173
Senior - BHPian

UPDATE :

The older Pajero has found an ardent admirer & a new home.

Cheers
Old 22nd April 2011, 17:32   #174
BHPian

Congrats mate, hope Paj is well looked after.OT-any updates on the powerboost for the paj which was discussed on the other thread ?
D.V.R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2011, 17:36   #175
Senior - BHPian

Still looking forward to the update on that myself :-)

Cheers
Old 22nd April 2011, 19:18   #176
BHPian

Hi,

As I mentioned in the other thread - no news from Racetech guys :-( . The RRR guys have the "Spider' box that needs to be installed and the cost would be approx 26k for the same. This is not a plug and play box but would need to be wired separately.

I would have loved to do this but as I am planning my Ladakh trip in May/ June don't want to touch this except for the suspension and snorkel which has been installed.

I have some spare time next week so will make a visit to the Racetech workshop.

Cheers
indianrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2011, 21:06   #177
BHPian

Hi Ricky, did you extend the differential breathers of the Pajero when you were doing up the vehicle? If yes any photographs and the work/ time involved in doing this?

Cheers
Old 23rd April 2011, 18:00   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianrunner View Post
Hi,

As I mentioned in the other thread - no news from Racetech guys :-( . The RRR guys have the "Spider' box that needs to be installed and the cost would be approx 26k for the same. This is not a plug and play box but would need to be wired separately.

I would have loved to do this but as I am planning my Ladakh trip in May/ June don't want to touch this except for the suspension and snorkel which has been installed.

I have some spare time next week so will make a visit to the Racetech workshop.

Cheers

So did you try a Pajero running the Spider Box ?? Wonder how good it is in real world situations ?

Best of luck for the Ladakh trip, what suspension are you running ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianrunner View Post
Hi Ricky, did you extend the differential breathers of the Pajero when you were doing up the vehicle? If yes any photographs and the work/ time involved in doing this?

Cheers

No - differential breathers, quite honestly I do not even know what that is

Cheers
Old 23rd April 2011, 18:25   #179
Distinguished - BHPian

Ricky, remember you complaining about 'Pajero' stickers on your Pajero (and the ones sold here). I think even old gen LC's used to sport similar ones!
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2011, 20:11   #180
BHPian

HI,

I changed to Old Man Emu suspension. It is firm compared to the standard and does make some difference while going through turns and undulating roads. Will be doing a longish trip in the next couple of weeks so will have a better idea.

As you have mentioned, I am not taking a chance on putting in the 'Spider' Box. Hopefully after my return from Ladakh (if I can make it this year.. so not doing any planning will just take off), I should have some of my stuck funds released so might indulge then!!!

The diff breathers are pipes from the differential to ensure that there is escape mechanism when the diff gets heated. However while fording as the diff cools fast, there is a potential for water to get into the diff and bad things can happen... So it is advised to pull these pipes as high as possible... will try here in Bangalore and revert.

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
So did you try a Pajero running the Spider Box ?? Wonder how good it is in real world situations ?

Best of luck for the Ladakh trip, what suspension are you running ?

No - differential breathers, quite honestly I do not even know what that is

Cheers