Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Old 20th November 2011, 21:26   #226
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8

UPDATE :-

Got the tyres balanced, rotated & alignment checked at 39k kms which is about 5000 kms since the last time ..happy to report perfectly even tyre wear. No dings or scratches on the wheels or the body.

The Pajero rocks on !

Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2011, 09:35   #227
Senior - BHPian

The Pajero seems to have caught the Delhi cold !! Morning starts have on an occasion or two been "lazy" got battery checked, it is slightly week, hence will not take the cold starts easily.

Going for a replacement AMARON today.

Cheers
Old 5th December 2011, 21:29   #228
Senior - BHPian

Got a Amaron Highway today. Cost after swapping with old battery = INR 4800

80A - so as per mfg spec VFM, 18 months replacement + 6 month pro rata replacement warranty..

Cheers
Old 6th December 2011, 09:53   #229
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Ricky,

What kind of Mileage are you getting on the Pajero 2.8 when driving in the 120 to 130 kmph range. I am considering a used pajero, but people are telling me that mileage drops to 7 once you go over 120 kmph.
4x4addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2011, 09:29   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Hi Ricky,

What kind of Mileage are you getting on the Pajero 2.8 when driving in the 120 to 130 kmph range. I am considering a used pajero, but people are telling me that mileage drops to 7 once you go over 120 kmph.

I have never driven at those speeds for long enough, but yes with the AC on you should not expect more than 8-9, on the highway & a long enough drive you may average 9-10 kmpl

Hope that helps..

Cheers
Old 9th December 2011, 20:43   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Pajero 2.8 when driving in the 120 to 130 kmph range. I am considering a used pajero, but people are telling me that mileage drops to 7 once you go over 120 kmph.
Yes that's correct figure , I used to driver regularly from Gurgaon to Chandigarh 2 years back - +120 , average less than 8 , however due to large Fuel Tank , you can easily do 500 Km + on a tank full . You must also be prepared to spend considerable amount on maintenance as well .

Last edited by Turbanator : 9th December 2011 at 20:47.
Turbanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2011, 11:22   #232
BHPian

Have done a Mumbai-Delhi-Mumbai run in my pajero at around those speeds thanks to great roads, she gave me an overall average of about 8.5 to 9.69. Ive never seen her better the 9.5 average ever!!
SunChaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2011, 09:17   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Yes that's correct figure , I used to driver regularly from Gurgaon to Chandigarh 2 years back - +120 , average less than 8 , however due to large Fuel Tank , you can easily do 500 Km + on a tank full . You must also be prepared to spend considerable amount on maintenance as well .
The mileage part is ok, but I do agree with the maintenance part

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunChaser View Post
Have done a Mumbai-Delhi-Mumbai run in my pajero at around those speeds thanks to great roads, she gave me an overall average of about 8.5 to 9.69. Ive never seen her better the 9.5 average ever!!

You are spot on, but slight variation in the gear changing pattern can / should possibly do some improvement on the numbers

Cheers
Old 12th December 2011, 11:57   #234
BHPian

Lets not even discuss maintenance! The company guy told me, "Sir iska engine chal jaye toh koi nahi rok sakta, aur maintenance nikal na chalu kare toh ise koi theek bhi nahi kar sakta!" So i get it serviced with my fingers crossed every time. But i should mention, oajero does bring a smile on my face every time i drive it!
Hey Ricky, do you think installing a snorkel will make any difference to the mileage?
Old 13th December 2011, 14:34   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Lets not even discuss maintenance! The company guy told me, "Sir iska engine chal jaye toh koi nahi rok sakta, aur maintenance nikal na chalu kare toh ise koi theek bhi nahi kar sakta!" So i get it serviced with my fingers crossed every time. But i should mention, oajero does bring a smile on my face every time i drive it!
Hey Ricky, do you think installing a snorkel will make any difference to the mileage?

No idea about the snorkel bit....there are many a learned off roaders here I am sure you would know some of them. They may be able to address your querry

Cheers
Old 13th December 2011, 16:31   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Lets not even discuss maintenance! The company guy told me, "Sir iska engine chal jaye toh koi nahi rok sakta, aur maintenance nikal na chalu kare toh ise koi theek bhi nahi kar sakta!"..
This is an hitherto unknown fact for me. Sorry if i missed it, but why a top notch reliable vehicle like Pajero need such an exhaustive kind of maintenance? What are the usual possible areas where problems generally pop up?
Kandisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2011, 21:15   #237
BHPian

Quote:

The snorkel in my case has not improved the mileage but made it a little worse as I have started to stay in the lower gears longer
indianrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2011, 12:26   #238
BHPian

There's not much that the engine of the pajero demands! Its the other parts, like suspension parts, ball joints, tie rod ends which need replacements. All these do last you a while before they run out of life, but be rest assured that once you take them up for replacement you gonna pay a packet for them!
Also, i saw a lot of pajero's lying in the service station with seized engines and turbos. That is one of the most common problem with the pajero.
Hey Indian runner, where did you get your snorkel from? Can you put up a picture?
Old 18th December 2011, 10:48   #239
Senior - BHPian

Since I was scouting around for a pre owned Pajero in the recent past, I too had done my due diligence at the local Blore dealer and a few FNGs post which I can confidently say that Sun Chaser's comments are spot on. Spares are expensive when compared to say Toyota for example and an overhaul of say the suspension for example can cost you around 80K INR.

That said, the FE of the Pajero is around 9 kmpl on the highway at speeds of below 110kmph and it drops pretty drastically to around 7 kmpl at any speed above that. These figures are for the older spec 118 bhp variant and I m not aware of the FE for the newer 108 BHP variant.
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2011, 17:54   #240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Since I was scouting around for a pre owned Pajero in the recent past, I too had done my due diligence at the local Blore dealer and a few FNGs post which I can confidently say that Sun Chaser's comments are spot on. Spares are expensive when compared to say Toyota for example and an overhaul of say the suspension for example can cost you around 80K INR.

That said, the FE of the Pajero is around 9 kmpl on the highway at speeds of below 110kmph and it drops pretty drastically to around 7 kmpl at any speed above that. These figures are for the older spec 118 bhp variant and I m not aware of the FE for the newer 108 BHP variant.

I remember you had seen my older Pajero as well, which was a year back, are you in the market for a Pajero again !!

Cheers