Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Old 17th January 2012, 09:41   #256
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by megazoid View Post
What happens to the swift ricky? The clutch there would be even harder i suspect.
The clutch on the Swift is not a problem. The Swift any which way is not something I use much, maybe once or twice a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
Just saw the ad in the classified. You are parting with the second one also. Thats very sad indeed. Whats with the knee. ?
Honestly I am weighing the options, I am too much in love with it to just let it go...the knee has been giving trouble since sometime, pain mainly, wearing a knee support since past few days, that has helped, let us see how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssh1979 View Post
Oh NO! This is sad. But you must do what you must do. For health.

But I least expected this wonderful story of love and passion for a machine come to an end.

Wishing you the best, Ricky, and looking forward to the next thread of yours
Thanks. IF I sell it will only be if the price is right, I had got it with a lot of passion & am very fond of it , still find it to be one of the "greats" inspite of it being obselete technology et al.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Frankly, I would part with my knee first before a Pajero with Ironman Set up :-)...

Oh come on now - I would rather keep my knee ...the Pajero with the Ironman is a different animal altogether, I love it to bits, but then sometimes one has to make "sacrifices" for the sake of....

Do not be surpised if you find I am still holding on to it couple of years down the line.

Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2012, 12:48   #257
Senior - BHPian

Ricky, 1st the W124 and then the Pajero. You rebuild your vehicles with so much passion and dedication and then in the end you have to let it go. Its sad indeed. Whats up with the knee?
When I saw your W124 in the classified's I was so tempted just to pickup the phone and give you a call. Owning a W124's been my passion since as far as I can remember but alas it would have to wait for atleast another 4-5 years and i know that I would never get a vehicle as pristine as yours W124. I really envy the new owner but am happy that atleast someone's relishing and enjoying the hardwork that you'd put in that vehicle. Same goes for this beast that's on the classified now.

Cheers mate and take care of your health buddy.
harjeev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2012, 15:28   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Ricky, 1st the W124 and then the Pajero. You rebuild your vehicles with so much passion and dedication and then in the end you have to let it go. Its sad indeed. Whats up with the knee?
When I saw your W124 in the classified's I was so tempted just to pickup the phone and give you a call. Owning a W124's been my passion since as far as I can remember but alas it would have to wait for atleast another 4-5 years and i know that I would never get a vehicle as pristine as yours W124. I really envy the new owner but am happy that atleast someone's relishing and enjoying the hardwork that you'd put in that vehicle. Same goes for this beast that's on the classified now.

Cheers mate and take care of your health buddy.

Thanks Harjeev for the appreciation. Yes the new owner of the W124 is using it as a daily drive & has been out of town with it as well..he cannot stop praising it which gives me a lot to feel happy about...

This Pajero may go only IF I get my price, else she stays. If anyone does buy it - he or she would never regret it, that I am sure about !

Will do

Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2012, 21:33   #259
Senior - BHPian

Put the Pajero thru it's paces today. Gurgaon - Neemrana - Pataudi...she behaved like a total obidient well behaved child.

Not once did she flinch, crossed the 130 kmph mark without a problem, stuck to the road like glue (thanks Ironman) and went thru loose soil in 2 wheel drive mode like a piece of cake.

My love for it has grown with this one drive. Need I say more ?

Cheers
Old 5th February 2012, 22:31   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Not once did she flinch, crossed the 130 kmph mark without a problem, stuck to the road like glue (thanks Ironman) and went thru loose soil in 2 wheel drive mode like a piece of cake.
What was the distance travelled? What is the FE you got? Any pics to make the report juicier?
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2012, 09:25   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
What was the distance travelled? What is the FE you got? Any pics to make the report juicier?

Door to door 102 kms, FE is yet to be seen on the next tankful, no pics it was a family outing..
Old 7th February 2012, 09:40   #262
Senior - BHPian

Tanked her up today, overall FE 9 kmpl with AC on one way. Speeds in the range of 60 - 130 kmph

Cheers
Old 13th February 2012, 01:42   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Tanked her up today, overall FE 9 kmpl with AC on one way. Speeds in the range of 60 - 130 kmph

Cheers
Hi Ricky, Hope the Pajero is not sold, and that it remains with you at least for 30 days, because I'd like to consider buying it when I come to Delhi next! Actually I need no further examination of the car since your thread contains everything that a prospective buyer would need to know. I stay at Gurgaon when ever I am there, and since I believe you are in Gurgaon too meeting up would'nt be convenient.

Cheers
R. Kotwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2012, 09:26   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Kotwal View Post
Hi Ricky, Hope the Pajero is not sold, and that it remains with you at least for 30 days, because I'd like to consider buying it when I come to Delhi next! Actually I need no further examination of the car since your thread contains everything that a prospective buyer would need to know. I stay at Gurgaon when ever I am there, and since I believe you are in Gurgaon too meeting up would'nt be convenient.

Cheers
Hi, Well, you are welcome to see it on your next trip surely good to know you are aware of all that has gone into it....makes the purchase much easier

Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2012, 17:36   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi, Well, you are welcome to see it on your next trip surely good to know you are aware of all that has gone into it....makes the purchase much easier
Are you selling this one too?
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2012, 17:43   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Are you selling this one too?

It is posted in the classifieds.
Old 18th February 2012, 17:55   #267
Senior - BHPian

The Pajero decided to take the stairs instead of the ramp :-) A friend was telling me Pajero stairs climb karegi kya. So I thought the taste of the pudding was in eating.

Without even engaging 4x4, I just slowly hobbled up the stairs. I did engage 4x4 after 2 steps just to be sure

There it is for all to see LOL

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8-pajero-stair-climbing-1.jpg  

Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8-pajero-stair-climbing.jpg  

Old 23rd February 2012, 14:59   #268
BHPian

Ricky, 2 observations-

- This is a breeze for the mighty Paj!
- Those stairs must be very strongly built. Not every stair is built to take the weight of a 2 tonner.
ssh1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2012, 21:10   #269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssh1979 View Post
Ricky, 2 observations-

- This is a breeze for the mighty Paj!
- Those stairs must be very strongly built. Not every stair is built to take the weight of a 2 tonner.

- exactly the friend had no clue
- I am sure they were else

Cheers
Old 3rd March 2012, 17:29   #270
BHPian

Ricky, is it not possible to fit a autobox to your Pajero ?
The classifieds still show a 1996 Pajero with auto transmission (must be imported). I too am a Pajero fan, but the fact that i prefer my next diesel car to have an autobox is putting me off the Paj.
rxpaul is offline   Reply With Quote