Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Old 23rd April 2010, 11:19   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Thanks, there is a difference in the way it rides, I found this a tad more comfortable. The build quality is nice & switches etc still go "click click" & the feel is still great. Can not really comment on the differences much, maybe some more experienced members can.

The flared design is the same as what is being sold as the SFX here in India.

Thanks & could not agree with you more !

Cheers
Congratz Ricky.

Are you planning to take her out for xtreem offroading?

I can vouch for the Mitsubishi Pajero build quality well! as I own a 25year old Mini Pajero. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...swb-suv-2.html (1988 Mitsubishi Pajero SWB SUV)

Once again Congratz and please continue to share your experience with us.
Cloud_Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2010, 16:15   #17
Senior - BHPian

Fellow bhpean asked in first post after you started thread..what price did you pay mate? Care to share with us thx. I was offered a similar one in south at a very attractive price was tempted but too much hassle getting her across state line. So how about it?
canonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2010, 17:23   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud_Chaser View Post
Congratz Ricky.

Are you planning to take her out for xtreem offroading?

I can vouch for the Mitsubishi Pajero build quality well! as I own a 25year old Mini Pajero. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...swb-suv-2.html (1988 Mitsubishi Pajero SWB SUV)

Once again Congratz and please continue to share your experience with us.
Thank you very much !! I have always liked the Pajero, the angular lines have a timeless appeal.

As for extreme off roading - I think not, my slipped disc would keep my away from any such adventure. Maybe off roading for the heck of it, but nothing serious I'm afraid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Fellow bhpean asked in first post after you started thread..what price did you pay mate? Care to share with us thx. I was offered a similar one in south at a very attractive price was tempted but too much hassle getting her across state line. So how about it?

Hi, ya I did see someone asked me the price I paid. I am not too comfortable sharing that detail on an open forum.

Attractive price..well !! That is relative !

Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2010, 20:03   #19
Senior - BHPian

Here are some pictures of the Interiors. I will try to get some better daytime shots tommorow & post them.

Enjoy !!
Attached Thumbnails
Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8-pajero-006.jpg  

Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8-pajero-007.jpg  

Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8-pajero-008.jpg  

Old 25th April 2010, 17:17   #20
Senior - BHPian

Cool Pajero Pics

So here are some more pictures, daytime. Will give you some idea of the vehicle.

Here goes..the bodyline seems fairly clean, the engine bay looks like it has seen regular services, the interiors look clean the mats however need immediate replacement.

Enjoy !!
Attached Thumbnails
Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8-pajero-003.jpg  

Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8-pajero-004.jpg  

Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8-pajero-005.jpg  

Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8-pajero-006.jpg  

Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8-pajero-007.jpg  

Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8-pajero-009.jpg  

Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8-pajero-010.jpg  

Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8-pajero-012.jpg  

Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8-pajero-013.jpg  

Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8-pajero-014.jpg  

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 25th April 2010 at 17:21.
Old 26th April 2010, 12:12   #21
BHPian

She's definitely a keeper mate. Congrats on the buy.
toiingg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2010, 12:16   #22
Senior - BHPian

lovely Pajero Ricky
very nicely looked after indeed.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2010, 17:13   #23
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for more snaps Ricky. Engine bay and Interiors give us a clear picture how she was maintained. Still virgin at this age.
jacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2010, 17:22   #24
Team-BHP Support

Congrats Ricky! Thats a beautiful Paj you picked up. Always been one of my favourite vehicles over the years. I absolutely love the version with the two tone paint treatment as shown below:

Name:  chequered_flag_pajero_024_15128161647.jpg
Views: 9134
Size:  74.3 KB

I totally detest the Indian Pajeros which have the working tail light on the rear bumper, and duds in place of the actual tail lamps. Whoever even thought of such an arrangement?!
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2010, 18:47   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toiingg View Post
She's definitely a keeper mate. Congrats on the buy.
Thank you kind Sir !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
lovely Pajero Ricky
very nicely looked after indeed.
Could not agree with you more ! Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Thanks for more snaps Ricky. Engine bay and Interiors give us a clear picture how she was maintained. Still virgin at this age.

You are welcome, just wish I was a better photographer !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Congrats Ricky! Thats a beautiful Paj you picked up. Always been one of my favourite vehicles over the years. I absolutely love the version with the two tone paint treatment as shown below:

Attachment 338315

I totally detest the Indian Pajeros which have the working tail light on the rear bumper, and duds in place of the actual tail lamps. Whoever even thought of such an arrangement?!
Thanks, yes it has been my favourite for a long long time, never did find a clean & unabused example before now.

I agree with you POV on the tail light & I personally never liked the rear quarter panel in white on the Indian version. BTW loved the alloys on the Pajero that you posted.

I am looking at changing the steering wheel, it is slippery due to high useage. Any pointers on an after market option - anyone ??

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 26th April 2010 at 18:49.
Ricky_63 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2010, 20:58   #26
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the buy Ricky. The car seems to be very well maintained and well cared for. These imported ones seem to be much better in quality and are more feature equipped than the Indian ones (especially the altimeter and compass).

The only thing the car needs is a good wash and polish. Possible with off-roading
v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2010, 22:40   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi, ya I did see someone asked me the price I paid. I am not too comfortable sharing that detail on an open forum.

Cheers
Hmm somehow I knew that was going to be your answer for not letting the price out specially the last sentence. Somehow I find this to be a common answer many have given in the past either because they may put it up for sale at some point and or deal/part of the auto trade.

Anyway thought we are a community meant to share info/intelligence and bring transparency and not for profit. This is atleast my expectation as is the culture and principles of camaraderie followed on most similar forums local/international, but we in India are always different

Last edited by v12 : 27th April 2010 at 10:43. Reason: fixing quotes
canonball is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2010, 10:07   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Congrats on the buy Ricky. The car seems to be very well maintained and well cared for. These imported ones seem to be much better in quality and are more feature equipped than the Indian ones (especially the altimeter and compass).

The only thing the car needs is a good wash and polish. Possible with off-roading
Thanks, unfortunately the car cleaner did not come the day I shot the pics :-( otherwise it is fairly shiny !! If you see the pics at the beginning, you will see it much cleaner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post

Cheers
Quote:
Hmm somehow I knew that was going to be your answer for not letting the price out specially the last sentence. Somehow I find this to be a common answer many have given in the past either because they may put it up for sale at some point and or deal/part of the auto trade.

Anyway thought we are a community meant to share info/intelligence and bring transparency and not for profit. This is atleast my expectation as is the culture and principles of camaraderie followed on most similar forums local/international, but we in India are always different
Kind Sir just to put it on record - I am NOT part of the "auto trade", simply have a passion for cars - period.

As for sharing or not sharing prices paid for any car - I think it should be the onus of the owner, disclosing it or not disclosing it.

Hope you understand my POV

Cheers

Last edited by v12 : 27th April 2010 at 10:45. Reason: fixing quotes
Old 27th April 2010, 19:20   #29
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Congo on a classic, Ricky! This truck is tough as nails...mechanically over-engineered, no electronics and robust construction. I've driven a 20 year old Pajero that had over 3,00,000 kms on the highway and she still rode decently well.

Drive safe, will ya!
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2010, 19:50   #30
BHPian

Congrats buddy, waiting for this in classified now
sam003 is offline   Reply With Quote