Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Old 6th April 2012, 19:17   #286
BHPian

Default Re: Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8

Hi Ricky

I work in Gurgaon and would like to meet you and your well maintained garage sometime!

I see your recent listing on classifieds and unfortunately it is beyond my budget to own the Pajero I would have loved to own.

How much did the earlier one go for? I will keep my expectations and aspirations in check. sigh. Cant get the latest model with 1998 pricing rght?

The entry in classifieds is now gone? Sold? details please.

Regards
AD
adtalwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2012, 19:34   #287
BHPian

Hi Ricky,

Sorry for posting this in your thread but I could not send a pm being a newbie and there is no mail id in your profile.

There is a 2004 model for sale. http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...i/Pajero.html/

Not sure if this is a fellow bhpian. Does 7.5L look okay for this? I would need help from the experts please to understand if this is worth this much and how to judge the condition. From the description, it sounds well maintained.

Regards
AD
Old 7th April 2012, 11:43   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adtalwar View Post
Hi Ricky,

Sorry for posting this in your thread but I could not send a pm being a newbie and there is no mail id in your profile.

There is a 2004 model for sale. http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...i/Pajero.html/

Not sure if this is a fellow bhpian. Does 7.5L look okay for this? I would need help from the experts please to understand if this is worth this much and how to judge the condition. From the description, it sounds well maintained.

Regards
AD

Hi

I do not know of any "import" in 2004 coming in with the GLX shape, and that too with a two tone body color, unless HM imported these as CBU's initially about which I am not sure. The RC should clarify that issue, as also the factory plate inside the engine bay on the left of the vehicle.

My older 1998 was in SFX body, (current shape), so this does need looking into. Watch out for humming sounds in the 3 differentials, the gear shift slotting, any accident repairs. The seller has said that the clutch is newly replaced, which clutch did he go for ?? OE or import. General condition of the vehicle if good - then the price seems OK. Recently there was a GLX for sale at 7 in Gurgaon which had a serious rollover accident, all 3 A B C pillars & roof were redone as were all the window panes. The vehicle also had a misaligned bodyline.

So watch for all these signs before you deciede

Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2012, 14:39   #289
BHPian

Thank you for your inputs. Been going through fellow bhpians experiences with the pre owned vehicle market and am quite apprehensive. Am sure will be able to rely on people like you and take a good decision.

I have full faith in this forum as my current work horse Baleno was bought after going through stuff available here and I have had 4 years of trouble free drive since then.

Par ek shikayat hai sir, you ducked the question about the sale of your pajeros!

Regards
AD
Old 8th April 2012, 11:50   #290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adtalwar View Post
Thank you for your inputs. Been going through fellow bhpians experiences with the pre owned vehicle market and am quite apprehensive. Am sure will be able to rely on people like you and take a good decision.

I have full faith in this forum as my current work horse Baleno was bought after going through stuff available here and I have had 4 years of trouble free drive since then.

Par ek shikayat hai sir, you ducked the question about the sale of your pajeros!

Regards
AD

What do wish to know about my Pajero/s ?? The 2008 is also sold very near the asking price...& the gentleman took it straight to Ranthambore & last I spoke with him...the family is having a ball.

So I have no Pajero to sell as of now. You want a good machine - you pay a good price !

cheers
Old 25th April 2012, 22:00   #291
BHPian

Hi Ricky,

I am also in the hunt for a good used pajero and you having owned two are the best person to come to for advice. I would like to know if there is any difference between the 2.8 GLX And the 2.8 SFX other then the blown fenders, is there any difference in the interiors etc? somehow the GLX commands a lesser price then the sfx.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2012, 10:45   #292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
Hi Ricky,

I am also in the hunt for a good used pajero and you having owned two are the best person to come to for advice. I would like to know if there is any difference between the 2.8 GLX And the 2.8 SFX other then the blown fenders, is there any difference in the interiors etc? somehow the GLX commands a lesser price then the sfx.

There is no difference other than the fenders, to the best of my knowledge. The wheel base I think is wider in the SFX, not sure though.
Old 26th April 2012, 10:53   #293
BHPian

looks good. what is the mileage you get now? i hear it is usually in the range of 6-8kmpl.
sirius1845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2012, 22:17   #294
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
I would like to know if there is any difference between the 2.8 GLX And the 2.8 SFX other then the blown fenders, is there any difference in the interiors etc? somehow the GLX commands a lesser price then the sfx.
If you are getting GLX. Get 2007 or newer. Only > 2007 has ABS and Air Bags. Early 2008 models are GLX. SFX was launched sometime in 2008. Mechanically they are identical. Changes are mostly in sheetmetal and that too in the fenders.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2012, 10:23   #295
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
. As for doing 100 kmph in the LR you hit the number without any effort or engine noise - where as the Pajero is not too happy (relatively speaking) though the Pajero can & does cruise at 100 kmph all day on a highway. Just that they are both VERY different animals .

As for clambering over dividers is easy in either, but I would do it in a Pajero without too much thought, but in the LR maybe not, as in case of damage the repair bills can be quite high

Cheers
This is from here (Land Rover Freelander2 - The first on the forum)Remember?

Drove the Pajero 2.8 yesterday & had mixed feelings.

I am yet to see a more drivable diesel engine. There is no lag.

But it doesn't like to cruise at good speeds (80kmph @ 2,000revs) but the handling for a 2 tonner SUV is again mind-boggling. It rolls, but is safe. Brakes are A+ Ergos are spot on. Drove for 400kms yesterday, though isn't very economical, but what the heck....

I wish the SFX was upgraded with its engine. The Pajero Sports simply doesn't cut-in (looks)
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2012, 00:31   #296
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I wish the SFX was upgraded with its engine.
If they can relaunch the SFX with a better engine and sub-15 lakhs price tag, it will kill Safari/Scorpio/Storme etc.. 20 Lakhs is way too much to charge for a product beyond it's expiry date.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2013, 00:09   #297
BHPian

Hi Ricky,
Quick question - what kind of price range for a used pajero now-a-days for the following years of manufacture:
1994 to 1998
2000 to 2003
2003 to 2008
Just thought if you would know since I was interested in buying one.
Would appreciate your inputs.
Cheers
Roja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2013, 15:25   #298
BHPian

Quick Answer!!
1994 to 1998 - Anywhere between 3 to 5 ( people even ask 10)
2000 to 2003 - Max around 5ish, cuz Indian one were launched around the same time.
2003 to 2008 - In this the GLX fetches around 5 to 7 and the SFX starts from there on..
SunChaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2013, 10:28   #299

Hi Ricky,

I picked up a used 2008 SFX Pajero. I hear some rattling sounds when I go over few pot holes at decent speed, and no sound when I go slowly. Can you please help me in diagnosing the problem. I am pretty happy with my Pajero. Would be even more delighted, if this issue is sorted out.

Thanking You
Satish
satish.rpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2013, 14:36   #300
Senior - BHPian

Check your sway bar bushes.
jyobeb is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote