Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Old 29th August 2014, 12:05   #331

Default Re: Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8

Hi Everybody
Just wanted to know if anybody is having the"LOW ENGINE OIL LEVEL LIGHT" on the instrument panel.I opened up the sender unit in the sump and tested it ,it was fine,the only thing that could be wrong would be THE relay,can anybody tell me the location of that particular relay.
aresq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2014, 16:09   #332
BHPian

Hi Aresq.. did you manage to sort out the issue? Or would you like me to pull out from the manuals I have?

Cheers
indianrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2015, 18:51   #333

hi thanks for the offer. No i have not been able to sort out the issue. I think its to do with a faulty relay. Would appreciate if the location of the relay could be determined.
Abid

Last edited by khan_sultan : 8th January 2015 at 19:09. Reason: Please use spaces after punctuation marks. It makes the posts more readable.
aresq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2015, 17:54   #334
BHPian

@satish.rpr
though late, came across your issue while routinely browsing the thread.
for your future reference and fellow tbhpians owning a pajero, as far as the ac condenser fan is concerned, the best option to cut your expenditure would be to take out the condensor motor, and get it repaired outside. that can be done. there is a sub-condensor motor as well. i had an issue with both when i bought my vehicle. first instance i had to spend about 5k as i wasnt sure. i had taken it to an ac mech. the second condensor fan was repaired by taking out the motor seperately and getting repaired by an auto electrician. cost me 500/- (five hundreds only).
as i have experienced myself, there are many issues that you may end up resolving at nearly 20% of the estimate given by your service advisor once you peek inside the details. as they say, the devil is in the detail!
so, simple!

Last edited by Unavowed_X9 : 25th July 2015 at 18:00.
Unavowed_X9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2015, 15:33   #335
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I was recently looking out for a 4x4 and a friend suggested the Pajero. I checked OLX are there are a quite a few on sale. Which are better to pick up? The older imports or the newer Indian SFX models. For the prices quoted, looks to be a better bet than a Safari or Scorpio.
Also anything in particular to check when buying?
pedrolourenco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2015, 15:42   #336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Which are better to pick up? The older imports or the newer Indian SFX models. For the prices quoted, looks to be a better bet than a Safari or Scorpio.
newer SFX one's look better and have most of Imported parts only , HM used to parts get parts from overseas with very little localisation due to low number of production .

But trouble will be to find something in good condition as mostly by now most of these would have done excess of 6 digits and dealership supports have been bad , in fact I have being victim to fake parts used by local dealer at Gurgaon many years ago . Though reliable do factor even small things costs lot of money and you may have serious trouble if something larger breaks down .

Last edited by Turbanator : 22nd October 2015 at 15:44.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2015, 15:57   #337
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
newer SFX one's look better and have most of Imported parts only , HM used to parts get parts from overseas with very little localisation due to low number of production .
So basically the SFX is just a CKD?

Quote:
But trouble will be to find something in good condition as mostly by now most of these would have done excess of 6 digits
Is 6 digits really an issue for this vehicle? Most of these vehicles are used only on the road so I guess the condition can't be so bad. After all they are designed to take a lot of abuse.

Quote:
and dealership supports have been bad , in fact I have being victim to fake parts used by local dealer at Gurgaon many years ago . Though reliable do factor even small things costs lot of money and you may have serious trouble if something larger breaks down .
This is an issue even though the Goa dealer is known to me (His dad used to service my dad's Fiat 600).
pedrolourenco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2015, 16:10   #338
Senior - BHPian

Is availability of parts for SFX an issue?
cool_dube is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2015, 18:43   #339
BHPian

No parts are not usually an issue. I have not faced a problem in the last few years!
rmonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2015, 20:59   #340
BHPian

Hi Guys,
Am looking to purchase a used Pajero in Delhi NCR area and looking to transfer it to Hyderabad later in some time. Kindly help with the following points below and also any other suggestions or advice.

1. Looking at late 2007 to 2008 Glx as they have airbags and abs. Are the Sfx models any way superior? What could be the price for a well maintained vehicle.

2. Are parts easy to procure.

3. Names and addresses of reliable workshops in NCR.

4. What are important points to notes while looking at a used vehicle.

5. Any kind Pajero Glx/Slx owners who are willing to let me examine their vehicles so I can have an idea before I actually purchase one.

6. Any Pajero for sale which are in a sound condition preferably single owner with original invoice.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by raja_ys : 5th December 2015 at 21:10.
raja_ys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2015, 17:29   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raja_ys View Post

5. Any kind Pajero Glx/Slx owners who are willing to let me examine their vehicles so I can have an idea before I actually purchase one.

Thanks in advance.
You are most welcome to "examine" my 2009 Pajero SFX! PM me.
rmonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2016, 17:22   #342

Mods: Please move this to a different thread if inappropriate

I have a Mitsubishi Pajero SFX 2008 model and recently clocked 100000 kms. I sent the car to Vijayachandra Motors in Bangalore for a regular service and the SA came up with a huge list of To-Dos as part of the 1,00,000 kms service schedule. The list and the associated cost below:

1) Timing Chain Kit - 20,000
2) Fuel Injector Overhaul - 12,000
3) Rear Brake Disc - 25,000
4) Front Brake Disc - 19,000
5) Rear Brake Pads - 7,500
6) Front Brake Pads - 6,500
7) Water Pump - 22,000
8) Rear Suspension - 18,000

Questions:
1) Timing Chain replacement - I haven't heard any noise because of a worn out timing chain and leaves me in doubt if it requires a replacement. The SA mentioned to me that the replacement is recommended by Mitsubishi as part of the 1,00,000 km schedule. Is it worth taking the risk of not replacing it now?

2) Fuel Injector overhaul - Is it really required? The SA mentioned that the residue/deposits will result in improper fuel injection and once cleaned will enhance the performance. I have not noticed any dip in the performance.

3) Brake Disc and Brake Pads - The OEM's cost a bomb and I am scouting the markets in Bangalore for Brembo brake pads and discs. I also spoke to United Motors in Chennai but he only has the Rear Disc and the Front brake pads in stock. Spareshub.com is also selling Brembo brake pads and discs but there's a huge price difference, while United Motors quoted Rs 6,500 for a rear Disc, spareshub is selling at Rs 9,720. Are there any Brembo dealers/distributors in Bangalore?

4) Rear Suspension - Any after market suggestions??

TIA
The Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2016, 18:41   #343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Enthusiast View Post
1) Timing Chain replacement - I haven't heard any noise because of a worn out timing chain and leaves me in doubt if it requires a replacement. The SA mentioned to me that the replacement is recommended by Mitsubishi as part of the 1,00,000 km schedule. Is it worth taking the risk of not replacing it now?
While I do not own a Pajero, I know for sure that timing kit should typically be replaced after 5-6 years / 1 lac km of usage for most diesel SUVs. The same was advised to me last year for my 2009 model Tata Safari and after some research, I decided to take it up as preventive maintenance. The repercussions of timing kit failure are far too huge compared to the cost associated with a proactive replacement. Most of the time, timing kits fail without warning and if they do, God forbid, in the middle of nowhere, then you are in a tough spot. Other than the inconvenience caused by being stranded, it might also result in serious damage to the engine.

Since I use my Safari only got highway drives with family, I did not take a chance and went for the replacement.

Hope this helps...
cool_dube is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2016, 20:32   #344
BHPian

If you type the part names and car model in google the parts show dramatically lower costs. Why don't you take a printout and ask the service center about the cost discrepancy ?
NoMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2016, 23:23   #345

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMind View Post
If you type the part names and car model in google the parts show dramatically lower costs. Why don't you take a printout and ask the service center about the cost discrepancy ?
Standard response - 'We have no control over the pricing as it is provided by Mitsubishi, it is the same across all dealerships in India.'
The Enthusiast is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote