| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|26th May 2010, 15:11||#91|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Feb 2008
Thanked: 912 Times
|26th May 2010, 18:40||#92|
|26th May 2010, 19:48||#93|
Join Date: Nov 2009
Thanked: 4 Times
Hardtop Installation Accessories for your Jeep including, Hardtop Seal Kits, Hardtop Quick Release Kits, self install Hardtop sunroofs & more! - Quadratec
|26th May 2010, 20:09||#94|
Distinguished - BHPian
Join Date: Nov 2007
Thanked: 2,313 Times
Getting back to drool quotient what attracts us to Jeep Rubicon?
1) Nice lift?
2) Big Off- Road Tires
3) Off- Roadability.
Apparently CMVR won't let us have any of this, so what can we drool about in the base Thar?
|26th May 2010, 20:29||#95|
My Rendering of the Thar
Some important points:
So, here is my rendering:
Another thing to be taken care of is that the showrooms should display the fully-loaded variants and not the plane-jane variants. Same goes with the website/brochure and stuff (with the mandatory disclaimers, of course!)
Although OTR enthusiasts might argue that many of the accessories are unnecessary, it should be understood that a sizeable chunk of the sales of a lifestyle 4x4s in any country consists of urban cowboys / wannabes / posers.
I could have gone overboard with oversized off-road tyres, loud paint jobs, lift kits and the like but I assume we are concentrating embellishments which are practical at the showroom/dealer level.
The most economical thing Mahindra can do is offer unique paint shades: white, black, red, blue, orange, purple etc.
Enough of talking, here's the pic
Last edited by Rehaan : 1st June 2010 at 12:39. Reason: Applying your corrections in this post itself.
|26th May 2010, 20:42||#97|
Join Date: Apr 2010
Thanked: 6 Times
Let us imagine a typical scenario:
I am a 4x4 enthusiast, I would love to off-road, but not experienced enough.
I don't want to buy an old jeep and restore/modify it because:
1. I am not well versed in the restoration process
2. I cannot get hold of a competent enough mechanic willing to do it.
3. Availability of spares might be an issue.
4. Since I am a novice, I will upgrade my vehicle in stages as my experience increases.
5. My budget is limited. I don't have enough money to buy, restore and modify the vehicle at one shot.
Not to mention the time required to get the vehicle on road(or off road) from ground up.
When I decide to buy a new vehicle, the points I consider:
1. Its a brand new Vehicle (reliability is more)
2. I should be able to pay off the cost in easy installments.
3. It should be having creature comforts like Air-con, power steering, etc., since I cannot afford to maintain two cars at the same time.
4. The new vehicle should look "NEW" (New Design): There should be cosmetic changes. If I show it to my family, friends or anybody for that matter, they should know why I paying more for a Vehicle.
Coming to the THAR, if the only thing that differentiates it from a MM550 is the badge, how many people will know it?
Making it look like a Rubicon (or any other pleasing designs) may not involve much in the terms of investment. If M&M wants to keep costs low, then it can be achieved only by increasing sales.
Why not go ahead and make it better looking?
|26th May 2010, 20:52||#98|
If at all changes are to be made, then they have to be carried across the entire range of vehicles in that category for cost-effectiveness which again brings us back to square one.
Disclaimer: This is just a speculation from my side. I am no expert.
|26th May 2010, 22:02||#100|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Greater Chennai
Thanked: 424 Times
Salil: This looks much better than the stock THAR. Hope MM are listening.
Can you please take away the following:
1. Bonnet Latch
2. Side steps - can you think of a step that drops down when needed and retracts when the door is shut!!
3. Change the Wipers
4. Better Door mirrors
5. A different type of front indicators?
Thanks, you seem to be a gem with photoshoppe!~!
|26th May 2010, 22:43||#103|
Join Date: Apr 2008
Thanked: 511 Times
Am glad this thread came back to the point of what can be done with the Thar rather than what's right/wrong!
Couple of things I would like to see in this pic would be (I already have a black 540 )
1) lower slung doors like the Wrangler (look up Randeep's thread for pointers)
2) Bigger tyres
3) Slightly more sloped windscreen to give it a more modern/aerodynamic look
4) A possibly different color (Matt silver maybe - There's one member who's put the Nissan engine who's got that color)
Good luck with your exams! I for one am looking forward to you getting done with them!
|26th May 2010, 23:50||#105|
This is a quick chop before I am off to my exams preparation ! Sorry for the shabby job!
This is my latest rendering
This is the old rendering from my previous post
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Mahindra Auto Quotient 2011||Turbojc||Shifting gears||0||29th December 2011 23:41|
|Mahindra Auto Quotient 2010 -- I won West Zone Finals||theragingbull||Shifting gears||36||15th January 2011 18:28|
|Your GQ - Glamour Quotient !||rm_arjuna||Shifting gears||22||8th March 2009 20:07|
|Drool on the latest and greatest Petra||manishk13||The Indian Car Scene||170||9th April 2007 16:21|
|DROOL SERIES 1 - AUDI||manticore||The International Automotive Scene||0||11th May 2004 20:27|