Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2010, 20:42   #46
Senior - BHPian
 
V-16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 4,575
Thanked: 834 Times
Default

Congrats Shibu for the defender. A machine that has been a personal favorite of mine since whenever. Did own a 71 90 years ago, restored it to the T and then got conned by a family friend who pestered me to sell it to him. At that time i didnt even know of the term OTR. So i lost something but some day i hope to own a similar machine.

Having said that im getting impatient to seeing this perform in a OTR in my presence.

Im sure you have planned to make this into one heck of a capable off roading monster, personally id colour it in a shade and accessories matching the Lara Croft version.

Name:  lara croft landy.jpg
Views: 14965
Size:  29.3 KB


Wowwwwiieeeeee!! (getting goose bumps)
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2010, 21:43   #47
Senior - BHPian
 
Desmosedici's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,381
Thanked: 405 Times
Default

WHoa Gogi Paaji, the image you have uploaded is a killer. Looks too Brute, i never imagined that this can look so stunning.

Hmmm, i guess this might start many a one to start buying these babies.
Desmosedici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2010, 22:13   #48
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: zxc
Posts: 3,392
Thanked: 654 Times
Default

Shibu!
lot of work needs to be done. When i saw it back then it was in tip top shape.
SirAlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2010, 08:40   #49
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,201
Thanked: 821 Times
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Congrats Shibu for the defender. A machine that has been a personal favorite of mine since whenever. Did own a 71 90 years ago, restored it to the T and then got conned by a family friend who pestered me to sell it to him. At that time i didnt even know of the term OTR. So i lost something but some day i hope to own a similar machine.

Having said that im getting impatient to seeing this perform in a OTR in my presence.

Im sure you have planned to make this into one heck of a capable off roading monster, personally id colour it in a shade and accessories matching the Lara Croft version.

Attachment 411329


Wowwwwiieeeeee!! (getting goose bumps)
100 + with you , A toomb Raider ( + a Lara Croft ? WOW )

Hurry Captain

@ Gogiji This ' Getting Conned ' thing too happened with me ,but in a little different way .

But today AGAIN , I AM ONE PROUD LANDY OWNER ( Listen all who made me sell my first one )

@ Captain , Congrats . Sir you can keep her at Pune it will be easy for you to join OTRs like Lonavala from here ,Its a central place & she will be having a good 'Company ' here & you keep the Lara Croft

@ Gogiji 1 Small doubt , How come you own a 71" wb Landy 90 years ago ?

Yours Sudarshan
Sudarshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2010, 10:50   #50
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 506
Thanked: 52 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarshan View Post

@ Gogiji 1 Small doubt , How come you own a 71" wb Landy 90 years ago ?

Yours Sudarshan
I guess he meant 71" , 1990 model , (Many) years ago
livyodream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2010, 11:58   #51
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,201
Thanked: 821 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
I guess he meant 71" , 1990 model , (Many) years ago
Na na , he must have meant a 1971 model & 90" wheel base, that he restored so many years ago . that sounds logical

Sudarshan
Sudarshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2010, 12:38   #52
BHPian
 
JeepCaptain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dubai / Gods Own Country -Kerala
Posts: 864
Thanked: 468 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Shibu Sir, Very nice pick. So when will the restoration start and when will you be back in Mumbai?
Desmosedici ,Thanks Raj. Restoration is gonna start soon in few weeks time.Will be back in Mumbai when this baby is ready.Will join you guys for OTR's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Congrats Shibu for the defender. A machine that has been a personal favorite of mine since whenever. Did own a 71 90 years ago, restored it to the T and then got conned by a family friend who pestered me to sell it to him. At that time i didnt even know of the term OTR. So i lost something but some day i hope to own a similar machine.

Having said that im getting impatient to seeing this perform in a OTR in my presence.

Im sure you have planned to make this into one heck of a capable off roading monster, personally id colour it in a shade and accessories matching the Lara Croft version.

Attachment 411329


Wowwwwiieeeeee!! (getting goose bumps)
Gogi, Thanks for sharing the pic.This is exactly in my mind.. Initially I was even thinking of naming this thread "My Tomb Raider Defender"!!

This will be converted to look like the Tomb Raider Edition.But I will not convert it to soft top, will keep it as Hard Top.

Sorry to about your LR story.. Hope you will find another one soon. Regarding the paint I am still contemplating between the Camel Trophy colour and the Tomb Raider colour.

Once is complete I will bring it down to Mumbai for an OTR with you guys and you can see it perform. Just give it few months months time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
Shibu!
lot of work needs to be done. When i saw it back then it was in tip top shape.
SirAlec. I know. lots to be done to bring her back to glory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
I guess he meant 71" , 1990 model , (Many) years ago
livyodream, I am sure Gogi meant to say 71 model LR 90. Those days it was called Land Rover 90 and only after they introduced the LR Dicovery they started calling Defender 90.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarshan View Post
Na na , he must have meant a 1971 model & 90" wheel base, that he restored so many years ago . that sounds logical
Sudarshan
Sudarshan,
JeepCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2010, 13:50   #53
BHPian
 
JeepCaptain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dubai / Gods Own Country -Kerala
Posts: 864
Thanked: 468 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarshan View Post
100 + with you , A toomb Raider ( + a Lara Croft ? WOW )
Hurry Captain
@ Gogiji This ' Getting Conned ' thing too happened with me ,but in a little different way .
But today AGAIN , I AM ONE PROUD LANDY OWNER ( Listen all who made me sell my first one )
Yours Sudarshan

Sudarshan
, OMG.. another Landy owner got conned by friends! I guess this happened many years back before tbhp and all.
But the Landy you have now is also an amazing machine.Love the colour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarshan View Post
@ Captain , Congrats . Sir you can keep her at Pune it will be easy for you to join OTRs like Lonavala from here ,Its a central place & she will be having a good 'Company ' here & you keep the Lara Croft
Thanks for your offer. Well, sounds like a plan. Need to think about it. Do you have a safe parking for one more Landy ? We need to talk.
JeepCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2010, 16:21   #54
BHPian
 
JeepCaptain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dubai / Gods Own Country -Kerala
Posts: 864
Thanked: 468 Times
Default Some Design Clues

Just to share with you all regarding the final product what I have in my mind.

See these pics of some Defender 90's. I will be borrowing ideas from all these.

Name:  4defender90.jpg.jpeg
Views: 7447
Size:  44.3 KB

Name:  Image42.jpg.jpeg
Views: 8854
Size:  104.6 KB

Name:  landrover_defender_90_tomb_raider.jpg.jpeg
Views: 11233
Size:  74.9 KB

I am also looking at Camel Trophy Edition. Yet to finalise whether I want to get a Tomb Raider Edition or Camel Trophy Edition.

Name:  Camel Trophy_ Land_Rover_Defender_90.jpg.jpeg
Views: 10312
Size:  87.8 KB
JeepCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2010, 17:23   #55
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,201
Thanked: 821 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCaptain View Post
Sudarshan,
But the Landy you have now is also an amazing machine.Love the colour.

Thanks for your offer. Well, sounds like a plan. Need to think about it. Do you have a safe parking for one more Landy ? We need to talk.
Come over some day , we will talk

Thanks for compliments,
I work alone , no helper , no outside mechanic. Its a strenus job but the outcome is satisfying.(particularly when people like you compliment) It took a year to put together everything in My way & to my own satisfaction .Thanks Again.

Yours Sudarshan
Sudarshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2010, 19:08   #56
BHPian
 
shivshanker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 307
Thanked: 85 Times
Default

for those of who drooling over the Landy, there's one for sale in Oman.

1989 Land Rover Defender 110 | Muscat Ads - Free Classified Adverts In Muscat. Oman Classifieds

I have relocated and am now in muscat. Can do a fellow BHPian a favor, just ask.
shivshanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2010, 19:54   #57
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: new delhi
Posts: 184
Thanked: 45 Times
Default

What engine is your D90 and are you planning to restore the engine or replace it. Details would be nice
zipperone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2010, 22:38   #58
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: zxc
Posts: 3,392
Thanked: 654 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipperone View Post
What engine is your D90 and are you planning to restore the engine or replace it. Details would be nice
this one has 4 cylinder diesel. Its naturally aspirated one.
SirAlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2010, 09:36   #59
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: BANG-A-LURE.
Posts: 1,068
Thanked: 3,137 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivshanker View Post
for those of who drooling over the Landy, there's one for sale in Oman.

1989 Land Rover Defender 110 | Muscat Ads - Free Classified Adverts In Muscat. Oman Classifieds

I have relocated and am now in muscat. Can do a fellow BHPian a favor, just ask.
Wow, what a beauty. He is quoting 3900 RO.

Please help.
SILVERWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2010, 11:50   #60
BHPian
 
sreejeshmp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 623
Thanked: 571 Times
Default

Hi Captain,

What is the image coming in your mind when you are thinking about your Landy or any landy ? I am sure it will not be a modified one with lots of metal pipes(Like our airport taxi sumos) and lights right ? if not just follow your heart.
Name:  12511726.jpg
Views: 4952
Size:  35.5 KB
Name:  defender.jpg
Views: 5167
Size:  42.4 KB

- Sreejesh

Last edited by sreejeshmp : 24th August 2010 at 11:52.
sreejeshmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pics: Land Rover Defender adya33 Super-Cars & Imports in India 69 8th May 2017 15:26
Delhi to Nagpur in Jeep Captain's Land Rover Defender - route planning abheekg Route / Travel Queries 27 9th August 2015 17:44
Xtreme's power "Land Rover Defender 90" xtreme power 4x4 Vehicles 52 21st March 2011 19:46


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:50.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks