Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2011, 00:22   #46
Senior - BHPian
 
chanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: APX to AP 29
Posts: 1,481
Thanked: 140 Times
Default Re: My love story -Willys Jeep

Hey guys may be I misunderstood, I will definately post pictures of my engine bay and all you have asked for. There are some flaws in the engine bay which needs a lot of corrections which unfortunately brought up to the lime light once the jeep is done hence no chance of correction however will be done when there would be a major workouts.

I can understand you mistaking my jeep engine with petrol however I am not that lucky to get a petrol engined jeep and to that matter I love diesel engines and am sentimental about my jeep, I started liking diesel engines because of the Peugeot engine which I had it in my first jeep there were times when I drove it for 20-30 kms not realising the water level in the radiator (but not now that was few years ago) this engine is awesome performer with minimum maintenance.

I have come across people who consider dieselised jeep to be like a scrap and consider petrol jeep is a jeep, hence my misunderstanding hope you understand my reaction now. I respect their petrol engine concept/liking but these jeeps (dieselised) are practical jeeps which perform well in comparision to a petrol and can be used as daily use vehicle, these engines have all the capabilities like a petrol however is pocket friendly aswell hence I call my jeep a practical jeep and I love every bit of it.

Last edited by chanu : 17th March 2011 at 00:25. Reason: adding few lines
chanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2011, 00:46   #47
Senior - BHPian
 
chanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: APX to AP 29
Posts: 1,481
Thanked: 140 Times
Default Re: My love story -Willys Jeep

Hi guys,

It's been long time I have posted or myself visited this thread. I wanted a lot of things to be done on my love Willie but due to several hurdles couldn't complete meanwhile there are and were lot of things took place or went wrong with my jeep, engine overheating issues temp meter shooting to 110 degrees , engine issues had to replace with a another one, gear box issues, and few more disappointments but at the same time also got some good news also got new tires though not my choice CEAT but MRF NDMS which are equally good but CEAT is still my favorite.

Since its around 9-10 months that my jeep got done up the real action is happening now, I am extremely happy and would love to share it with you lovely people, give me some more days and you will be happy to see a great deal of action happening here...

Last edited by chanu : 17th July 2011 at 00:48.
chanu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2011, 12:46   #48
BHPian
 
Acclero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 127
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: My love story -Willys Jeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Hi guys,

It's been long time I have posted or myself visited this thread. I wanted a lot of things to be done on my love Willie but due to several hurdles couldn't complete meanwhile there are and were lot of things took place or went wrong with my jeep, engine overheating issues temp meter shooting to 110 degrees , engine issues had to replace with a another one, gear box issues, and few more disappointments but at the same time also got some good news also got new tires though not my choice CEAT but MRF NDMS which are equally good but CEAT is still my favorite.

Since its around 9-10 months that my jeep got done up the real action is happening now, I am extremely happy and would love to share it with you lovely people, give me some more days and you will be happy to see a great deal of action happening here...

Your Willys literally made me drool and i am sorry to hear that its having a few problems, hope they get sorted out soon.
Happy driving Chanu bhai.
Acclero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2011, 21:01   #49
Senior - BHPian
 
chanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: APX to AP 29
Posts: 1,481
Thanked: 140 Times
Default Re: My love story -Willys Jeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acclero View Post
Your Willys literally made me drool and i am sorry to hear that its having a few problems, hope they get sorted out soon.
Happy driving Chanu bhai.
Hey thanks Acclero for the concern, all the issues are soughed out now, new engine, gear box, were put to the mighty machine. I am Peugeot engine fan it's an amazing engine which needs only minimum care, but the adverse are it requires a healthy battery for sure else you are in a big trouble but again was in a two mind to install ISUZU G1 but again re doing the housing, changing it into 2 WD as gear boxes were not readily available.

The old engine was good enough but the over heating of engine got into my nerves, max 10-11 Kms that's it temperature 110 degrees, checked radiator found it to be weak hence changed with 3 line heavy duty radiator and over heating problem subsided and was HAPPY meanwhile rattling noises started increasing couldn't do much because the head is weak, can't change only the head so decided to change the engine, luckily got a 99 Peugeot which came from a Govt auctioned vehicle the engine was untouched and we re built it with new sleeves, rocker arms, nozzles, oil pump and all the possible parts from heaven and earth and now engine issue is soughed and again felt HAPPY.

It's been just a couple of weeks the engine is done and starting trouble begun, vehicle getting off as if there is no diesel then got to know the filters are clogged so replaced them and thought finally HAPPY but after two weeks the issue came up again this time got to know that the filters are not sucking diesel efficiently so electronic fuel pump is installed and finally...finally HAPPY & this time for sure HAPPIES. Pictorial feast will commence shortly.
chanu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2011, 21:03   #50
Senior - BHPian
 
chanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: APX to AP 29
Posts: 1,481
Thanked: 140 Times
Default Re: My love story -Willys Jeep

sorry for the back to back post but was surfing and found this to be funny and entertaining, this was my engine condition then
Attached Images
 
chanu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 00:24   #51
BHPian
 
Acclero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 127
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: My love story -Willys Jeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post

The old engine was good enough but the over heating of engine got into my nerves, max 10-11 Kms that's it temperature 110 degrees, checked radiator found it to be weak hence changed with 3 line heavy duty radiator and over heating problem subsided and was HAPPY meanwhile rattling noises started increasing couldn't do much because the head is weak, can't change only the head so decided to change the engine, luckily got a 99 Peugeot which came from a Govt auctioned vehicle the engine was untouched and we re built it with new sleeves, rocker arms, nozzles, oil pump and all the possible parts from heaven and earth and now engine issue is soughed and again felt HAPPY.

Chanu bhai most of the details in the second para were way over my head i am not much into technical stuff of jeeps until now, But i am just starting out. In search of one for my self.
Acclero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 15:30   #52
Senior - BHPian
 
chanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: APX to AP 29
Posts: 1,481
Thanked: 140 Times
Default Re: My love story -Willys Jeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acclero View Post
Chanu bhai most of the details in the second para were way over my head i am not much into technical stuff of jeeps until now, But i am just starting out. In search of one for my self.
Hey that's fine Acclero you didn't understand no issues, chill buddy, you are at the same place where I was 4 years ago and still a long way to go, it's not any rocket science you will master once you have JEEP for yourselves.
chanu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 23:24   #53
Senior - BHPian
 
chanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: APX to AP 29
Posts: 1,481
Thanked: 140 Times
Default Re: My love story -Willys Jeep

There are some pictures when my "Willie", I call it came home after restoration. Amma wanted a proper welcome to the mighty beast, he came home with old shoes as the NDMS tires were not available in the market, tried all the major cities, distributors, Stockists but no luck.

Name:  SPM_A0020.jpg
Views: 1844
Size:  169.1 KB

My love story -Willys Jeep-spm_a0019.jpg

My love story -Willys Jeep-spm_a0021.jpg

After two long months found the MRF NDMS coming up in the market, immediately jumped off and brought 5 tires along with the tubes, got them fixed, aligned, balanced and now rock and roll.

Name:  SPM_A0272.jpg
Views: 1865
Size:  271.8 KB

Name:  SPM_A0273.jpg
Views: 1804
Size:  268.1 KB

Name:  SPM_A0274.jpg
Views: 1779
Size:  291.6 KB
chanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 01:01   #54
BHPian
 
Acclero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 127
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: My love story -Willys Jeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Hey that's fine Acclero you didn't understand no issues, chill buddy, you are at the same place where I was 4 years ago and still a long way to go, it's not any rocket science you will master once you have JEEP for yourselves.

Thank you for the kind words Chanu bhai and i got to say willie looks amazing. I love the Old world look about him especially the low bonnet and the are beneath the windshield which is reminiscent of The World War II jeeps.
Acclero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 23:13   #55
Senior - BHPian
 
chanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: APX to AP 29
Posts: 1,481
Thanked: 140 Times
Default Re: My love story -Willys Jeep

The cosmetic change what you might observe in the pictures are the head lamp rings were chromed initially then thought of painting it the same body color. Next ... jeep went topless, coming soon...
chanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2011, 20:16   #56
Senior - BHPian
 
chanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: APX to AP 29
Posts: 1,481
Thanked: 140 Times
Default Re: My love story -Willys Jeep

I wanted to have a canvas top for my willie and I guess it was a bad time when my jeep got completed apart from tires the canvas top cloth supply stopped because of some fire at the manufacturing unit, this also became a reality later, thank god. I have few more tasks pending in regard to that which will be done soon.
Attached Images
      
chanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2011, 21:16   #57
Senior - BHPian
 
chanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: APX to AP 29
Posts: 1,481
Thanked: 140 Times
Default Re: My love story -Willys Jeep

Recent pictures with my "willie" in a 600 kms trip to Nalamala forest, did some sneak peak into the wild life and happy that did in a proper machine where man, machine and nature blend well. The fun what Jeep delivers is to be experienced than expressed.
Attached Thumbnails
My love story -Willys Jeep-1.jpg  

My love story -Willys Jeep-best.jpg  

My love story -Willys Jeep-dsc_0122.jpg  

My love story -Willys Jeep-dsc_0143-1.jpg  

My love story -Willys Jeep-dsc_0257.jpg  

My love story -Willys Jeep-dsc_0280.jpg  

My love story -Willys Jeep-dsc_0331.jpg  

My love story -Willys Jeep-dsc_0383.jpg  

My love story -Willys Jeep-dsc_0433.jpg  

My love story -Willys Jeep-dsc_0437.jpg  

chanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2011, 22:11   #58
Senior - BHPian
 
samsag12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: City of Nawaabs
Posts: 1,605
Thanked: 193 Times
Default Re: My love story -Willys Jeep

Amazingly wonderful pics Bala bhai. Willie looks as if he's at home.
I completely agree with your statement "The fun what Jeep delivers is to be experienced than expressed". Its true to the core.
samsag12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2011, 22:23   #59
BHPian
 
Twinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MD-USaapA
Posts: 337
Thanked: 275 Times
Default Re: My love story -Willys Jeep

One word is AWESOME!!!! The willie looks stunning.. Congrats Chanu, The spic and span for detailing has really glown upon this beauty.
I hope one day, I too shall drive one with the same passion you own today..

May you travel miles, Good luck !!!
Twinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2011, 22:42   #60
Senior - BHPian
 
chanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: APX to AP 29
Posts: 1,481
Thanked: 140 Times
Default Re: My love story -Willys Jeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Amazingly wonderful pics Bala bhai. Willie looks as if he's at home.
I completely agree with your statement "The fun what Jeep delivers is to be experienced than expressed". Its true to the core.
Hi Sagar, how are you bro? thanks for the comment, this was the trip when I explored a photographer in myself. This was also the first time that my "Willie" did a long drive above 600 kms thank god with out any major issues except over heating at ghat section which is expected because of it's 3 speed gear box.

This trip I made up my mind to shed all the stress which is made me a non creative and rigid because there is no equal work life balance, it's one life I felt let's take ourselves seriously, let's explore, discover the surroundings believe me guys you change a lot, learn a lot which will make you a fresj and different human all together.
Attached Thumbnails
My love story -Willys Jeep-dsc_0245.jpg  

My love story -Willys Jeep-dsc_0248.jpg  

My love story -Willys Jeep-dsc_0290-1.jpg  

My love story -Willys Jeep-dsc_0300.jpg  

My love story -Willys Jeep-dsc_0165.jpg  

My love story -Willys Jeep-dsc_0184.jpg  

Attached Images
 

Last edited by chanu : 20th September 2011 at 23:09.
chanu is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jeep Willys khanak Vintage Cars & Classics in India 479 3rd May 2017 12:28
Willys CJ3B LHD Petrol - Gift for Life! A true story trammway 4x4 Vehicles 73 30th December 2013 12:09
2009 Jeep J8 Multipurpose 4WD.....return of the WILLYS JEEP!!! amit V8 The International Automotive Scene 14 27th July 2009 01:12
Willys Jeep Engine & Gearbox Swap dinya Modifications & Accessories 5 17th November 2005 10:06


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:29.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks