Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Old 7th April 2011, 17:06   #76
BHPian

Default Re: Army Gypsy 2000 MPFI- Build Off

I am still awaiting the RC.

Although the guy has offered me to move the vehicle prior to receiving RC (so that he can make space for other vehicles), I have declined the offer.
I have taken the opportunity to have the Military colour covered up with Grey.
Have also taken a couple of Pics of the rear Seats before it gets shrouded by the soft top.

I intend do drive a little bit before turning it in for any repairs. SO I cannot comment on your expenses right now.

Shall open another thread separately later about it.

Regards and Happy Driving

Amrik Singh
Amrik Singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2011, 12:26   #77
BHPian

She's neat, very tough to find an army disposal vehicle of this kind. My only question here is- Army normally dispose vehicles which are of Class five "CL V" this is a Class III (three) Are you sure you got this from a reliable contact ?

Its alarming because, usually when a vehicle is scheduled to a disposal Depot, the workshop team sources out almost all the working parts of the vehicle and is usually towed to the Ordnance Depot. I served the army for a about 7 years ;-)
binu balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2011, 09:37   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binu balan View Post
Its alarming because, usually when a vehicle is scheduled to a disposal Depot, the workshop team sources out almost all the working parts of the vehicle and is usually towed to the Ordnance Depot.
You may be right in your experience when the supply of vehicles was in short supply. Vehicles were ususally scrapped due to unrepairable damages. It appears that now thy look for the age of the vehicle and scrap it off.

I have collected my Gypsy and just drove it off from Mayapuri. No major repairs or parts replaced by the seller. He has reported only tuning the engine and Tappets.

A used Hardtop is selected and due to be fitted next week. The Seat bels were so dirty and soiled that I had to remove and dip them in Kerosene to cleanse them.
Amrik Singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2011, 10:07   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrik Singh View Post
I have collected my Gypsy and just drove it off from Mayapuri. No major repairs or parts replaced by the seller. He has reported only tuning the engine and Tappets.
Lucky you Good that things have changed. I used to pity the way vehicles used to be sent to the depot.

Post pics after the hard top is done.
binu balan is offline   Reply With Quote