Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Old 11th February 2011, 12:22   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Story of my Gypsy's transformation Journey from a MG410 to a MG413

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaraka View Post
Harjeev,

Good luck with your upgrades on gypsy. Suggestion go for 1.6 ltr baleno engine and King gearbox. Best combination one can ask for .
Dwarak Uncle: The 1.8 Isuzu is more potent than the Baleno 1.6 in an offroad vehicle.

OT: I dont see why you think the 1.6 is better especially when owning a 1.8 MPFi wolf in a gypsy's clone

Last edited by headers : 11th February 2011 at 12:23.
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2011, 09:53   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashim View Post
Two things I notice:
1. Gypsy doesn't have brake booster, is it missing or its not there by default ?
Promod and saintsinner have already answered this question

Quote:
2. You have got a nice auto blog there! Get a nice top level domain for it!!

Looking forward for restoration pics
Thanks for the appreciation. I too wanna book a domain, but simply do not know how to go about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Harjeev, could you please PM me the price you paid for this one, I am looking for one myself.

Pramod
No need to PM. I will mention the price in the next update.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsinner View Post
i have seen this vehicle in person, what have you gotten yourself into harjeev?
hahaha...
It sure is a good base to start upon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
Hi Harjeev,
May I know what the damages were? Because I just sold mine (410, not W, Factory fitted hardtop and A/C).

Regards
Sutripta
I will mention the price in the next post,
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaraka View Post
Harjeev,

Good luck with your upgrades on gypsy. Suggestion go for 1.6 ltr baleno engine and King gearbox. Best combination one can ask for .
Thanks dwarka sir. I am decided to keep it stock 1.3 MPFI, as I feel that with my driving style and usage, 1.3 with the performance upgrades it I would be more than happy with the power. Also I do not plan to do hard core off-roading with this vehicle. I have the RHD CJ3B for that. I certainly plan to do experimentation with the engine in that vehicle, but later.

Last edited by harjeev : 12th February 2011 at 09:56.
harjeev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2011, 13:13   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Dwarak Uncle: The 1.8 Isuzu is more potent than the Baleno 1.6 in an offroad vehicle.

OT: I dont see why you think the 1.6 is better especially when owning a 1.8 MPFi wolf in a gypsy's clone
Vikram, Agree with you fully. I have seen my gypsy with isuzu perform. Given an chance to choose between 1.6 baleno engine and isuzu 1.8 ltr, I would go for Baleno 1.6 ltr.
dwaraka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2011, 18:05   #19
Senior - BHPian

Default So finally it begins...

So finally after a long long pause I am back again and this time I would try to finish the gypsy post soon and try to bring it upto date as soon as possible.
Now that I had bought the vehicle and it had been transported to the workshop (Auto Attitudes) the time had come to decide on the package I wanted for my vehicle, the way I wanted it to be restored, the color scheme, the performance package, etc etc etc. Now this wasn’t as easy as it sounds. I was like standing at crossroads and talking to many people and everyone had their own advise. Someone told me to keep it stock as a MG410, while others told me that I should convert it to a MG413 carburetor. I also got advise to go for a complete Baleno setup or maybe even a bigger one.
Story of my Gypsy's transformation Journey from a MG410 to a MG413-1-collage-post-after-long-break.jpg
Anyways to cut a long story short the following was decided
  • · At first I had decided that I would be restoring the vehicle as a MG410 only. The sole reason of deciding so was that it would keep the costs low and then later on I could decide whether I wanted to go for a 413 Carburetor or an MPFI. Then another thought also came to mind that I could go for a 416. But after a couple of meetings with Aman I learnt that if I restored the vehicle as a 410 the all the performance mods, overhauling expense, etc that I would incur on a 410 would not come in handy when I would go in for a engine swap later. Also the 410 would have been really really underpowered compared to the 413, even the 413 carburetor.
  • · Therefore it was decided that I would go in for a 413 Carburetor and retain that but along with the rest of the mechanicals of a 410. This I was contemplating as the transfer case of the 410 gives a slightly more lower crawling ratio than that of a 413. But this plan of keeping the 410′s transfer case was soon shelved as later on, if atall, whenever I wanted to put in crawer gears I would have to change the transfer case or have a hard time finding stuff for the 410 setup. So it was decided that I would change the transfer case too
  • · Then once the transfer case was being changed, I thought that it would be better to change the gearbox from the 4 speed to a 5 speed one. This was being done as a precautionary measure as later on I didn’t want to be bogged down with the issue of the ratios not being matched. Now when I was changing the gearbox, I decided to change the axles, shafts, etc.
  • · Changing of the axles was decided as I wanted an option that if tomorrow I decided that I wanted to put differential locks and retained the axle ratio of a 410 then the ratios wouldn’t match. Also I could have kept the costs down and kept the axles for later but then again the labor charges would have to be spent again on the removal of the old axles, gearbox, transfer case, etc etc. So I decided to do it in one go.
  • · All this while the powerplant was the 413 Carburetor. Then I began talking to my friends and everyone suggested that if I am spending so much cash and doing the complete change of parts, what’s the reason of sticking with the Carburetor powerplant. I would also have the problem of tuning, setting, cleaning the carburetor which not many people are willing or trained or want to do, now. Further a MPFI is a 16 valve engine compared to the 8 Valve of the Carburetor. So finally we decided to change the engine to a 413 MPFI. This would give me piece of mind and then the complete vehicle would be a 413, just leaving aside the chassis and the body. The overhaul cost difference between the two, the Carburetor and the MPFI was not that substantial. Not to mention, I’ve heard that a Carburetor engine compared to a MPFI engine has to struggle a bit when travelling on very high altitudes. So a MPFI powerplant was finalised.
  • · During this time while the vehicle was being opened up we found out that the rear differentials had a slight bend. So new rear differentials were ordered and I decided to replace the front differential tubing too.
  • · Also was decided to go in for racing leaf springs (kamins or pattas as commonly referred to), along with a Free Flow Exhaust and a K&N filter.
  • · Seats till date I have not decided whether I would want the RECARO replicas or stock gypsy, Alto or i10 seats. The reason I am waiting is that I have a severe back problem and I do not want to spend 15-20k on seats and then keep cribbing about having a bad back. Therefore what I’ve decided that I would go for a long drive in someone’s gypsy having the replica seats and if I feel comfortable then I would go for them. If not then I better save money and put the i10 or Alto seats.
  • · Fog lights too earlier I thought that I would buy 2 pair of NEOLIGHTS. But now I’ve decided that I would go for a a pair or two of HELLAS maybe 500′s or 1000′s or maybe even a set 2000′s. I know they are expensive but having HELLA 4000′s on my Landcruiser, there is a phenomenal difference between the throw of the beam of the HELLAs and the NEOLIGHTS.
  • · Its natural that when the engine is being replaced the bonnet is also being replaced and along with new axles we’re changing the crown pinion of the front and rear axles.
  • · I’ve also decided that I would install an air conditioning unit in the vehicle once its done its running in. This I would be getting done from either an installer in Jhandewelan Extention who goes by the name of ‘Western Cool’ or another very famous installer in Lajpat Nagar (pardon me for not knowing the name but couple of my friends have got their Gypsys installed with aircons from him and they are really happy and satisfies)
  • · Now when I would be getting a aircon unit installed I’ve decided to go in for a Baleno radiator in lieu of the normal stock gypsy ratiator. This being a little bigger will help keeping the vehicle cooler, especially with the AC in the peak summers of Delhi. In the winters I’ve decided that I would remove the belt of the aircon compressor so that the load on the vehicle is minimised.
  • · Also we’ve decided to do Head & Engine Block Shaving, porting and polishing. I’ve been told that doing this would/ should increase the performance of the vehicle and a friend of mine having this done on his vehicle it quite happy with the performance.
  • · Its also been decided to install an additional fuel tank, just like the rally vehicles have in them. This will give me an additional 40 Liters of fuel and will terminate the need of carrying a jerry cans and give me an extended range of drivability.
So in a nutshell these are the mods that have been planned and decided till now. Many of the modification have already been executed but I would leave that for the next post and the future updates. Now I leave you with some pictures of the vehicle and in future posts will start uploading the WIP pictures.
Cheers for now

Picture of a white gypsy being finished at the workshop and my vehicle in the background
Name:  2 White Gypsy pics.JPG
Views: 11034
Size:  49.1 KB

Pictures of the new differential tubings
Name:  3 Differential Diff .JPG
Views: 10460
Size:  57.2 KB
Set of new wiring harness
Name:  4 wiring1.JPG
Views: 10405
Size:  55.2 KB

The rear differential assembly in progress
Name:  5 Assembly of the rear differential1.JPG
Views: 10458
Size:  58.1 KB

The condition of the vehicle, This is what happens when the vehicle is standing in rain and sun and what not for 3 damm long years
Name:  6 Recovered Gypsy Aman 20888.jpg
Views: 10287
Size:  42.8 KBName:  7 Recovered Gypsy Aman 20889.jpg
Views: 10157
Size:  41.7 KBName:  8 Recovered Gypsy Aman 208812.jpg
Views: 11431
Size:  52.2 KBName:  9 Recovered Gypsy Aman 208817.jpg
Views: 10091
Size:  42.5 KB

Pictures of the vehicles being worked on/ restored at the workshop
Name:  10 Recovered Gypsy Aman 208819.jpg
Views: 10134
Size:  55.2 KBName:  11 Recovered Gypsy Aman 208820.jpg
Views: 10079
Size:  49.6 KB

We just picked up the carpet to see the status of the floor bed, and well, there was no floor bed
Name:  12 IMG_8451.JPG
Views: 9935
Size:  46.1 KB

The B Pillar
Name:  13 IMG_8453.JPG
Views: 9881
Size:  40.1 KB
The picture of the Beleno radiator. This vehicle belongs to Paras Maan
Name:  14 Recovered Gypsy Aman 208821.jpg
Views: 10042
Size:  52.4 KB

The BUSHRANGER at AUTO ATTITUDES has got AMAN's signature
Name:  16 IMG_8460.JPG
Views: 10038
Size:  60.4 KB
If someone is thinking that there is some portion of the bodyshell that's been spared by RUST, well think again
Name:  17 IMG_8432.JPG
Views: 9840
Size:  45.1 KB
Name:  8 Recovered Gypsy Aman 208812.jpg
Views: 11431
Size:  52.2 KB

Last edited by harjeev : 1st April 2011 at 18:10.
Old 1st April 2011, 18:24   #20
BHPian

For want of a nail the shoe was lost.
For want of a shoe the horse was lost.
For want of a horse the rider was lost.
For want of a rider the battle was lost.
For want of a battle the kingdom was lost.
And all for the want of a horseshoe nail.

I am can now see why you are changing the axles, gearbox, transfer case, etc etc . Good luck with the build!
genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2011, 08:42   #21
Senior - BHPian

Default Reason of buying this particular vehicle and chosing this workshop

By mistake I missed one post and this particular post was suppose to come as the second one, so better late than never

I finally decided to go ahead and buy the vehicle, well that’s if one could call it a vehicle. Its more of a collection of rusted metal, on 4 pieces of rubber held to the body with bolts.
Still excited as I ever was I made my decision of buying this vehicle. The reason that I took this decision was
  • It was available cheap (50k)
  • It was a Delhi registered, well Faridabad registered vehicle
  • A cheap and basic vehicle gave me a good base to start and experiment on.
  • Most important of all THE VEHICLE IS IN MY NAME AND I AM THE 1ST OWNER
As everyone can see, the last reason was the most compelling. The story behind this is that this vehicle was gifted to us (me and my brother), a little after we guys left school from our parents. So this was bought by us in 1998 and we kept it for 4 years. After driving it for 65000 kilometers we sold it to a close friend. This friend had it all this while and was regularly using it till around 2008 or so and retired it after clocking a total of 110000 kms. One fine day (December 2010) I was visiting my friends place for some work and happened to glance upon the vehicle. No sooner had seen it I started having dreams and began to realise that how I missed my Gypsy, the one which I had to sell to make space for the Cruiser. One thing led to another and soon I had made the deal.
I also know had I bought an Army Disposal from Mayapuri and then restored it, I would have come out a little cheaper, but this vehicle has some nostalgic feel about it. I mean that this was the 1st (personal) vehicle that I owned and now given a chance of getting it back, I wouldn't like to leave it at any cost.
As there was no paperwork to be signed (remember that the vehicle’s already in my name), I began scouting for places to get the vehicle restored or I should say turn it into a vehicle.
Again the last place I wanted to take it to was at Mayapuri. The simplest reason was that I didn’t have the energy to go and stand on the head of those guys, day in and day out and still end up having a sub standard product. Also my experience with Mayapuri is that, if someone is technically inclined and they have the time to go and stand on the head of the mechanics while the work is going on, the outcome of their work just might be ok. Not great but ok As I had neither (nor am I technically inclined nor do I have the time nor the energy to go and stand there) this option was out.
So I was scouting for places where atleast if it costs a little bit of more money than at places like Mayapuri, I would go there, but the primary concern was that the work performed should be good. One thing that popped into my mind was “take it to Maruti Authorised Workshop/ Service Centre”. This option was again thrown out of the window as the workshop who does cars just might not have the passion to do a full blown restoration. MASS workshops are more into fast rotation of vehicle and as I said earlier, I didn’t want to experiment.
What I needed was
  • A guy who shares the same passion for vehicle as we off-roaders do.
  • He should know and understand our requirement that is what we want from the end product
  • He should have had executed similar, if not same, projects in the past
  • Come in my price range
  • Most importantly, the reputation of the workshop was of a primary concern. What I mean with this is that I totally understand that what I want and am about to attempt with my vehicle cannot be done in the cheapest of price. I know that it would cost and cost a bit more than just a normal restoration. But at the same time I would not like to spend the dough, end up being stripped off all my cash and still not have the product that I wanted. There were and still are some people in the market who even after charging and promising something, simply fail to deliver on the end product. Whether they didn’t know their work or didn’t want to deliver I am not sure but I ddnt want to experiment. I have had some bitter experiences in the past and so have some of my friends, therefore I wanted to take my steps carefully and be safe, this time.
To cut a long story short I began talking to my circle of friends and most of them recommended one workshop in Noida. Auto Attitudes. This workshop was owned and managed by Amanpreet Ahluwalia (Aman). I had met Aman a couple of times in the past at OTR’s and all, though didnt know him professionally. Further another friend of mine, Firoz Khan (FK7 on team-bhp) was also getting his vehicle restored from Aman. So I fixed up a meetting with Aman and went and discussed the financials, the route forward, etc etc etc. In the course of this restoration I would be discussing everything at length. Therefore, finally the decision for the workshop was made. The work will be executed by Aman.

So at the end, I know that it might works out to be a bit more expensive than a normal restoration.
Also with all my vehicle, whatever (mechanically) goes bad or can go bad I try to replace it before. Its better to change/ replace it now, rather than to be stranded on the side of the road and still change it later. Second there is no substitute for a original OEM product. And more so with this vehicle too I would not like to take any chances, hense comes the decision of buying this particular vehicle and choosing this particular workshop and choosing this restoration way forward.

One of the most compelling reasons was Firoz's vehicle went non stop from Delhi to Callicut without any hitch. That has to say something about the quality of workmanship, spares, etc of this place.
Also I am a firm believer that quality always has a price attached to it. So be it.
Cheers
Old 6th April 2011, 22:56   #22
BANNED

Chadda saab, thats a very courageous step you have taken to restore a rusted 410 for nostalgic and economical reasons.

by choosing Aman in noida, you have done the right thing and all those gyspies standing in his workshop proves your choice the correct choice.

i also liked the gypsy done by Aman for Firoz, that really made me shift from MM to MG. and i have exchanged few emails with Aman to get an idea about restoring an exarmy 413 mpfi.

good luck with the restoration and i would be glued to this thread of yours for regular updates and WIP photos.
Parm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2011, 10:03   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
Chadda saab, thats a very courageous step you have taken to restore a rusted 410 for nostalgic and economical reasons.
Thanks Pram

Quote:

by choosing Aman in noida, you have done the right thing and all those gyspies standing in his workshop proves your choice the correct choice.

i also liked the gypsy done by Aman for Firoz, that really made me shift from MM to MG. and i have exchanged few emails with Aman to get an idea about restoring an exarmy 413 mpfi.
Actually I too really liked Firoz's Gypsy but before the finished product was handed over to Firoz I already had my mind made up and the vehicle was at Aman's. The basis of my decision was a couple of Gypsy done by Aman (Praneet's, Abhey's & Paras's). And on top of this Abhey's vehicle had already done 2 rallies and Praneet's a couple of recces for the Raid 2010 and not requiring any major part change or maintenance.

Quote:

good luck with the restoration and i would be glued to this thread of yours for regular updates and WIP photos.
Thanks buddy.
Old 21st April 2011, 12:04   #24
Senior - BHPian

Default WIP Updates

Hey Guys,

Something or the other has been keeping me busy over the previous week, so I couldn’t update the progress of the Gypsy . This doesn’t mean that work is not going on. On the contrary work is progressing on the vehicle at a brisk pace and I am glad to say that slowly and gradually the delivery date is inching closer.
Story of my Gypsy's transformation Journey from a MG410 to a MG413-100-full-collage.jpg

Anyways without further delay over the course of the next couple of posts I would update the status of the vehicle and bring the thread up to date. Also the future posts would be more of pictures and small narrations as I have already written briefly on the work that I plan to do on the vehicle in this post
Another set of pictures on the condition of the vehicle. These set of pictures don’t do justice the the actual condition of the vehicle, which was much worse that I imagined.

Story of my Gypsy's transformation Journey from a MG410 to a MG413-101-condition-vehicle.jpg

As with most of the rebuilds the first things that most of the workshop’s do is to get a rolling chassis. So the attention went to the differential tubes as as I mentioned in the previous post were bent and in quite a battered condition and was decided to replace with a new one.
Story of my Gypsy's transformation Journey from a MG410 to a MG413-102-difftubes-drum-axle.jpg

Also once the rear set was being changed we we decided to replace the front ones too as then we would have a totally new set. Therefore once the new differential tubes the differentials were assembled. Needless to say as with all rebuilds Aman changes most of the mechanical parts and in my rebuild to we were changing most of the parts. In my case the differentials were changed, the drums, discs, axles, bought brake calipers as the MG410 didn’t have them or they were in a bad shape.

Differential Assembly in progress
Story of my Gypsy's transformation Journey from a MG410 to a MG413-103-difftube-assembly-progress.jpgStory of my Gypsy's transformation Journey from a MG410 to a MG413-104-difftube-assembly-progress.jpg
While the differential assembly was in progress the fiberglass hard top was also to be removed. WIP pictures

Story of my Gypsy's transformation Journey from a MG410 to a MG413-105-dismantling-body-removal-hard-top.jpg
As mentioned previously, the Engine (1.3 MPFI), Gearbox & 4×4 Transfer Case was sourced from Mayapuri. Here are a set of pictures of the same. Also in the subsequent pictures it can be seen that the engine assembly is in progress.

1.3 L MPFI Engine, 5 F + 1R Gearbox, 4×4 Transfer case (of the Gypsy King) and brake calipers
Story of my Gypsy's transformation Journey from a MG410 to a MG413-106-engine-gb-tcase-brake-calipers.jpg

Story of my Gypsy's transformation Journey from a MG410 to a MG413-107-part-rebuild-engine.jpgStory of my Gypsy's transformation Journey from a MG410 to a MG413-108-part-rebuild.jpg
As they say that a picture speaks a thousand words. In the following picture on the left is a set of ‘headers’ that is generally used in the market or I should say, is used by some vendors. These are from a reputed company and I am sorry to say very sought after performance enhancement fitment. On the right is another set that I would be installing in my vehicle. These I have learnt are custom made and to a layman, like me, it looks like would give a much better performance upgrade than the smaller diameter ones(the ones on the left).
Story of my Gypsy's transformation Journey from a MG410 to a MG413-109-headers-comparison.jpg

Another set of pictures clicked by me at the workshop

Story of my Gypsy's transformation Journey from a MG410 to a MG413-110-misc.jpg

Misc

Story of my Gypsy's transformation Journey from a MG410 to a MG413-final-collage.jpg
harjeev is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2011, 13:42   #25
BHPian

hi harjeev.nice work there on that gypsy.
can you list out the cost of the parts which you have installed on your gypsy.Sure there has been a lot of work done on that gypsy.So bro can you update the cost of the parts which you have installed.
Regards..
syedhafeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2011, 14:39   #26
BHPian

cost would be too much, like harjeev already indicated, the whole restoration would be costing more than anticipated. But, the only appreciating factor as a petrolhead is that you kept all other factors aside and emotions got top priority.

Hope this comes out new and afresh and ofcourse lot more stock for another a lakh kms.. Best of luck and congrats Harjeev.
AltoHoncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2011, 15:12   #27
BHPian

Harjeev, OT:we are alike in one thing. You bought TLC from RedOne, I bought LINEA from RedOne. when we meet last week,he was even pointing about the problems you are facing in TLC after you bought it from him.

Anyways, all the best for the operation Gypsy !!! It is really coming out well.

Last edited by BulZire : 21st April 2011 at 15:23.
BulZire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2011, 15:19   #28
fk7
BHPian

Hi Harjeev,

nice to see the restoration going in full swing. Definitely looks much better than the state I saw it in January. We all know that it is in the most capable hands of Aman and looking forward to a fantastic end product.

When is it rolling out?

Firoz
fk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2011, 20:28   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by syedhafeez View Post
hi harjeev.nice work there on that gypsy.
can you list out the cost of the parts which you have installed on your gypsy.Sure there has been a lot of work done on that gypsy.So bro can you update the cost of the parts which you have installed.
Regards..
Thanks syedhazeez
I have done a package deal with Auto Attitudes. Once the restoration is done, then I would share the total costs of the entire work.
As AutoHoncho has indicated below, yes the costs have increased way beyond my budget, but I guess that the end product would/ should be worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoHoncho View Post
cost would be too much, like harjeev already indicated, the whole restoration would be costing more than anticipated. But, the only appreciating factor as a petrolhead is that you kept all other factors aside and emotions got top priority.

Hope this comes out new and afresh and ofcourse lot more stock for another a lakh kms.. Best of luck and congrats Harjeev.
Lets hope for the best, I am doing/ converting/ installing whatever I always wanted in a Gypsy. Couldn't do that in the previous gypsies I owned but I bought back the 1st gypsy that I bought. Lets hope that it turns out what I am anticipating
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
Harjeev, OT:we are alike in one thing. You bought TLC from RedOne, I bought LINEA from RedOne. when we meet last week,he was even pointing about the problems you are facing in TLC after you bought it from him.

Anyways, all the best for the operation Gypsy !!! It is really coming out well.
Thanks BulZire. Congrats on the Linea. Why did Redone sell that too.
Also I've sent you a PM. Pl see if you could reply to that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fk7 View Post
Hi Harjeev,

nice to see the restoration going in full swing. Definitely looks much better than the state I saw it in January. We all know that it is in the most capable hands of Aman and looking forward to a fantastic end product.

When is it rolling out?

Firoz
Thanks Firoz. You are spot on. Finally the D-day is coming close and Aman thinks that he might deliver the vehicle in a couple of weeks.

Work in progress WIP-II

Continuing with the previous post
Now that the engine + Gearbox + Transfer case had been sourced, time had come to pay attention to the body or as many of my friends had begin to call it “The Rust Bucket”.
I was even suggested to replace the whole body tub, but I wanted to restore this vehicle only. I believe that anything with metal can be put back together and I would definitely try with this one. From the past couple of post I have been repeating myself that the body was very rusted and that there are holes in the tubs, etc etc.
Here are pictures of the body tub

Story of my Gypsy's transformation Journey from a MG410 to a MG413-101-body-rusted.jpg

And the condition of the tub

Story of my Gypsy's transformation Journey from a MG410 to a MG413-102-body-rusted-2.jpg

So now, with the big task of ‘restoration’ of this rusted bucket. The body was the first to go. A couple of pictures

Story of my Gypsy's transformation Journey from a MG410 to a MG413-103-uploaded.jpg

Story of my Gypsy's transformation Journey from a MG410 to a MG413-104-3-uploaded.jpg

Post the body the chassis was stripped of all parts

Story of my Gypsy's transformation Journey from a MG410 to a MG413-104-body-rusted-4.jpg

Then were to go the front guard and the other accessories

Story of my Gypsy's transformation Journey from a MG410 to a MG413-105-body-rusted-5.jpg

And so starts the work on the tub

Story of my Gypsy's transformation Journey from a MG410 to a MG413-106-body-rusted-3.jpg

At the same time the chassis was moved outside, washed and then coated with anti rust coating following with parts were changed. Now its been a long time so I do not remember the exact name of the parts but here follow the pictures

Story of my Gypsy's transformation Journey from a MG410 to a MG413-107-chassis-steering.jpg

Story of my Gypsy's transformation Journey from a MG410 to a MG413-108-chassis-steering1.jpg

Here the workers can be seen assembling the steering box and also the tie road & the ends have also been changed.

Story of my Gypsy's transformation Journey from a MG410 to a MG413-109-chassis-steering2.jpg

Till the next post
Cheers
Old 21st April 2011, 23:14   #30
BHPian

Absolutely Fantastic thread. Glued to it. Its like seeing a brand new vehicle being built from scratch. You have not left anything unchanged. I am sure its going to one of the best Gypsies in town.

Subscribed.

MaSh
mashmash is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote