Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Old 9th June 2011, 11:30   #61
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Story of my Gypsy's transformation Journey from a MG410 to a MG413

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
Was this Gaurav chiripals GV which got stuck in the water crossing during raid. I tried looking for that Video on youtube but hard luck
Don't know the guys name. Its a GV with lots of "rally prepping" with stickers, loud exhaust. Even at 4 guna 4 event it kept on getting stuck everywhere
It even ripped its bumpers and fenders etc.,
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2011, 11:58   #62
BHPian

His name is Gaurav Chiripal, well what happened to his GV was that he entered the water with too much speed and then he braked... When you brake the entire water comes back on the bonnet rather splashing outside, secondly the problem was he didnt have any fender lining which caused his filter to get wet.
I have been using an external filter was quite some time in rallies but never faced the same problem, even in OTR's.
Cheers..
amanpreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2011, 13:00   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Now thats really a transformation!
I guess she is ready for the Raid?
Thanks a lot Tanveer. Raid I am not sure but yes definitely ready for the Himalayas this year. I plan to take the Gypsy to Leh rather than my Landcruiser.

Quote:
I have one question about the K&N filter. I think you may have trouble with water crossings. I remember a travelogue by sudev, where a K&N equipped GV took in water due to similar placement of aftermarket performance filter. Since you were going for extensive modifications, why not a snorkel to make her the perfect offroad beast?
I also had the same apprehension at first. But after seeing a couple of gypsy's with the same air filter perform in OTR's, Raid, etc I made the choice for this air filter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@~+#0$# View Post
Transformation Indeed Harjeev Bhai. Like the color combo, seats and specially the BF Goodrich words in red. Please add a pair of Hellas, will complete the look for now... Until the rest of the mods are in place of course.

Is that the OE tank or a custom tank fitted behind the cabin?
The rest of the mods are already on the cards. I just wanted to take the vehicle home and run it in. Once I complete the first 1000 kms, the mods are on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Harjeev, The Gypsy has come out REAL good. Shows the passion that went into restoring it and doing it up.

Can you share more detailed pictures & info on the auxiliary tank, parts required etc. Would like to have a look

And yes, knowing you, please drive it for some time before you start yet another project :-)

Happy driving
Thanks Khan
Will surely post detailed pics of the auxiliary tank in a few days.
And I am surely going to keep this one for good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praneet71 View Post
Harjeev, congrats the vehicle looks awsome!! I hope with the beast out on the road you wont curtail your trips to Noida...
Thanks Mate.
Not at all. On the contrary the visits to Noida will remain the same. As you already know the LHD CJ3B is at Aman's Garrage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
I wish i could however i was getting late for work and by the time i BBM'ed you i'm sure you would have reached your home. I sure want to TD your ride and help you finish those 3 k kms
Harish you are more than welcome anytime. I think that you are free on weekends. Lets plan something
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotzuk View Post
Looks Good, Harjeev!
Reminds me of my Gypsy again! Darn, I miss it :(

When do I get a test drive?
Thanks Vaibhav
Your gypsy was the main inspiration for me going the complete red. Rest most of the vehicle I've seen with a two tone job but having already seen your vehicle in all red, gave me the courage to go ahead. thanks mate
Whenever you have the time. Just tell me the time and location, and Ill be there.

Vaibhav I also wanted to ask you about the PSK bumper from Azad designs that you bought. Do you still have it or you gave it away with the vehicle itself? Also if you dont mind sharing, how much did you buy it for
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderhermit View Post
Awesome rebuild story. I am truly amazed by your passion Harjeev. And the Gypsy is looing gorgeous. And black rims and red BFG lettering tell the extent of attention given to the details.

Happy motoring for the years to come. And when is the Ladakh trip? (i can feel it in the air)
The ladakh trip is surely on the cards buddy. I think late august or september should do it.
Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanpreet View Post
His name is Gaurav Chiripal, well what happened to his GV was that he entered the water with too much speed and then he braked... When you brake the entire water comes back on the bonnet rather splashing outside, secondly the problem was he didnt have any fender lining which caused his filter to get wet.
I have been using an external filter was quite some time in rallies but never faced the same problem, even in OTR's.
Cheers..
Glad to see that you've finally made an appearance on my thread. Guys and gals. the man who made it happen himself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashphil View Post
Congrats Harjeev! You and Amanpreet have truly done the "Cinderella act" with the MG410. I am overawed at the transformation. A "Royal Salute" to both of you!
Regards,
Ashok
Thanks Ashok.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma9292 View Post
Harjeev , hats off to you and the person behind the transformation . The gypsy looks awesome . Red colour adds to more character . Thank you for sharing the outcome pics
Anytime buddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Brilliant job execution & attention to detail !! Congratulations on owning such a nice Gypsy !!

Cheers
Thanks Ricky,
how is your back now. And the W124, do you still have it or its sold now?
harjeev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2011, 13:12   #64
BHPian

Harjeev,you know i dont write too much but the comments and compliments that you are getting inspires me. The work that went in your Gypsy was beyond comparison with any that i did in my past projects. Apprehensions are always there when you are doing such a project( How the gyp would come out, will there be vibrations when u change the engine mounts and a complete make over like yours i had to keep lot of things in mind). I sincerly THANK everyone and last but not the least to you Harjeev for showing your trust in me. I hope the gypsy is doing great in your run in period.
Gud luck and keep REVING...
Cheers...
amanpreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2011, 15:18   #65
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Ricky,
how is your back now. And the W124, do you still have it or its sold now?

Thanks for asking !! It is still a regime of excercises to keep me going. Ya the W 124 is still with me. Posted in the classifieds. Do wish to sell it to someone who is as keen on it as I was / am

Anyways, your Gypsy has started the "keeda" of wanting to own one all over again !! Though it may be a show piece as everyone tells me it is the worst vehicle to drive if one has a back like mine.

Kudos to you on the build though....

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 9th June 2011 at 15:23.
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2011, 19:42   #66
fk7
BHPian

woooooooooooow,

What a transformation, I remember seeing the rust bucket when I came to pick up my Gypsy and the way I saw it recently, was really unbelievable. The workmanship that has gone into it, is too much.

Have you finished the run-in period? Has it given any troubles so far? Going by my experience and my Gypsy and drive down to Calicut, it should be boringly reliable. Just fill and go on and on. I am now looking forward to getting my rally cabin also done.

Have fun.

Firoz
fk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2011, 19:22   #67
Senior - BHPian

Harish you are more than welcome anytime. I think that you are free on weekends. Lets plan something

Hey Harjeev,

Free weekends or not we were bound to meet accidently. Loved seeing your ride closely and thanks for the detailed description that you gave inspite of the fact that you were in a hurry.

Managed to click a picture of your ride while we were departing
Attached Thumbnails
Story of my Gypsy's transformation Journey from a MG410 to a MG413-img00403201106121717.jpg  

harishnayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2011, 22:40   #68
BHPian

Harjeev ,
The Gypsy is looking awesome. Great Job Bro.
Rahul
rahultomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2011, 01:21   #69
BANNED

looking for words to describe the workmanship of the creater and the dedication of our beloved 4x4 chadda saab!

projects like these are pulling me more towards the Gypsy, away from the JEEP......
Parm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2011, 17:12   #70
Senior - BHPian

The Gypsy looks completely fabulous. IF you don't mind can you please share the cost of the car and the cost of rebuilding the car to the current condition? If you don't want to share it on the forum, would you mind sending me a PM with the details ?

Thank You
IndrojitSircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 11:14   #71
BHPian

Dear Harjeev,

That is a very nice set of wheels you have there. Would really love to own one someday.

I too am interested in knowing the cost and my request is the same as Indrojit.

Regards.
mitrajdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 23:04   #72
Senior - BHPian

Another thing i wanted to know, which car is the rear windshield taken from ?

Thank you
IndrojitSircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 23:19   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
Another thing i wanted to know, which car is the rear windshield taken from ?

Thank you
Sir, its the gypsy front windshield at the back.
autoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2011, 16:45   #74
Senior - BHPian

Sorry guys for the late reply. The final cost of the vehicle including everything should be in the range of 30 - 35 % less than what is costs to buy a new vehicle. Yes this the approximately price range.
But for me the vehicle is priceless.
Cheers
harjeev is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2011, 17:59   #75
BHPian

Cool. really nice. Great story & loved the final outcome especially the colour.
rmonie is offline   Reply With Quote