Go Back   Team-BHP > Team-BHP > Announcements


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2008, 23:17   #136
BHPian
 
sqwall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Madison, USA
Posts: 59
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

I am also one of the late joiners but have been trying to catch up.
This forum is addictive as hell.
Hats of to all who make this such a wonderful place to hangout.

Cheers
sqwall is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 25th January 2008, 14:08   #137
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 70
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

I want to appreciate the mods in keeping this site informative and clean. Keep up the good work guys.
automannj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2008, 18:59   #138
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 620
Thanked: 121 Times
Default

Kudos to all the mods who have been doing an outstanding job. I think their committment to this site is fantastic and it shows in the quality of posts here.

Keep up the good work !!!
Lalvaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2008, 20:26   #139
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cochin
Posts: 49
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Yes indeed, more than the members, its the moderators who have to be appreciated for their concept of this forum, and their dedication in maintaining this forum clean and with the good stuff.
priyank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2008, 17:14   #140
BHPian
 
swift8847's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bangalore/Houston
Posts: 324
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Hey mods. You guys have been doing great work. Have been a member for quite a while but its only now that i am harnessing the knowledge provided here. I must say that i am addicted to it now. This place is amazing. Its got everything that a person must know about automobiles. Appreciate your efforts mods and also to all those members who have contributed. Cheers guys.
swift8847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2008, 20:57   #141
BHPian
 
sonic_boom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 109
Thanked: Once
Default

Hey guys... let me tell you that all the hard work you guys put in does show. T-Bhp has tremendous presence on google and it's link crops up whenever I put in any serious auto related queries.

P.S. - I find the ICE section particularly addictive .

-T-Bhpian for life.cheers:
sonic_boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2008, 18:13   #142
BHPian
 
mhafeez_13666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 76
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Friendly Mods,

Every time someone asks me or anyone these days about any cars or which car to buy etc then they are most likely to be directed to team-bhp. It is
said that the experts are in this forum and will guide you accordingly.

But here is the catch, not everyone here are the experts (for example, I am a newbie and even I can post my opinion). So how does one conclude after
reading all these posts?

Most comments here by newbies(like me also) are judgmental etc. How
can anyone say that this Car is hopeless and other comments like
this Car is no "value for money" eg. SX4 Vs NHC. How can anyone say
what money can buy and its value?

All this in my view is disturbing the person who is confused as to what car to buy. Who are the actual TEAM-BHP experts whom we should look forward to ?

Please advise.

PS: I took the chance to write this 'coz I know this post will be first
screened by a moderator and then posted. If you think this post is not
suitable then please delete it. But I really feel this way.
mhafeez_13666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2008, 19:04   #143
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 35,000
Thanked: 23,963 Times
Default

Quote:

Every time someone asks me or anyone these days about any cars or which car to buy etc then they are most likely to be directed to team-bhp. It is
said that the experts are in this forum and will guide you accordingly.
Thanks for the compliments

Quote:

Most comments here by newbies(like me also) are judgmental etc. How
can anyone say that this Car is hopeless and other comments like
this Car is no "value for money" eg. SX4 Vs NHC. How can anyone say
what money can buy and its value?

All this in my view is disturbing the person who is confused as to what car to buy. Who are the actual TEAM-BHP experts whom we should look forward to ?
There aren't any actual Team-BHP experts....we are merely enthusiasts with a varying levels of knowledge. That said, don't ever make the mistake of relating post count to level of knowledge.

However, the sheer value of Team-BHP is that you will receive unbiased non-commercial advise on the most comprehensive range of topics. We will never / don't get paid by car manufacturers to write good reviews. What you see here is a community of petrolheads (by and for too!).

Might also do you good to check this section. Cheers!
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2008, 20:45   #144
Team-BHP Support
 
Eddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 5,067
Thanked: 1,040 Times
Default

Hafeez: One thing that you can do is to check on a guy before taking his advice. See the other posts made by the user, have a look at the threads he has started and you should have a fair idea of how much you should trust his judgment.
eg: If someone advices you on the Swift Diesel, check out whether he owns one, or had owned one in the past, or has had experience with diesel cars, etc. Do some research, stay on the forum for a while and you should be comfortable.

Last edited by Eddy : 5th May 2008 at 20:47.
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2008, 08:35   #145
Team-BHP Support
 
Rehaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 18,469
Thanked: 8,112 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhafeez_13666 View Post
But here is the catch, not everyone here are the experts (for example, I am a newbie and even I can post my opinion). So how does one conclude after
reading all these posts?

Most comments here by newbies(like me also) are judgmental etc. How
can anyone say that this Car is hopeless and other comments like
this Car is no "value for money" eg. SX4 Vs NHC. How can anyone say
what money can buy and its value?

All this in my view is disturbing the person who is confused as to what car to buy. Who are the actual TEAM-BHP experts whom we should look forward to ?
Well everyone is entitled to their opinion.
If 99% of the people think the ride in the back seat of a gypsy is a little bumpy, there really is no telling that the reader will agree with them. He might actually agree with the other 1% when he does get the chance to sit in the back of a gypsy.
So an exposure to all the views out there is a welcome thing.

However, if hard facts are misrepresented, they are usually corrected very quickly by newbies and seniors alike. (...and as GTO said, do not give "post count" too much importance)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Might also do you good to check this section. Cheers!
To give you a little background on the link that GTO has posted (which is probably the best solution / answer to your problem) :

These reviews were not written by a single person, or handful of people.
They were compiled from thousands and thousands of real owners' feedback via a review form.
The consistent findings from those thousands of feedback forms were represented in the final reviews. The responses that were well outside of the standard deviation were not given as much weightage so as to arrive at the most consistent/universal/accurate review.

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2008, 11:39   #146
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 35,000
Thanked: 23,963 Times
Default

Quote:
they are usually corrected very quickly by newbies and seniors alike. (...and as GTO said, do not give "post count" too much importance)
Valid point. Do you know that PCWorld actually ran an article on this, and used Team-BHP as a real world example? Click here to see it.

Quote:

My guide at this time were my regular visits to a car forum website (Indian Car Forum : Team-BHP : The Definitive Indian Car Community) and from my subscription to a Google alerts. The similarity between forums and blogs ends at both of them being written by users who are not necessarily experts. But, forums have the edge for authentic information since they are moderated and attract counter views.

Wrong information is most often than not spotted and countered well. For instance, in my case a wrongly reported feature in the car was flogged by counter views and was corrected promptly by the person who had posted it. This balanced view to the information is at times better than what you may get from single person reviews, which may not be factually correct. But, you still need to filter the forum posts manually to dig out the information. Thus, like a talk show on television, the forum is as good as its moderators. Also, as you differentiate between a newscast and a talk show, blogs and articles are passive. You can comment on blogs, but it is simply not as interactive and intuitive as forums.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2008, 12:49   #147
BHPian
 
mhafeez_13666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 76
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Thankx!

Thankx GTO, Rehaan & Eddy! I agree !!

Now am feeling much better after reading your thoughts and the link
which GTO gave me. (Guess that should be the starting place).
And also give priority to the feedback from owners than people
talking from data.


And FYI the team-bhp fever has spread in my office that this has become
our prime work than our job :-)

Great Site, but highly addictive !!!!
mhafeez_13666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2008, 00:03   #148
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 6
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhafeez_13666 View Post
Thankx GTO, Rehaan & Eddy! I agree !!

Now am feeling much better after reading your thoughts and the link
which GTO gave me. (Guess that should be the starting place).
And also give priority to the feedback from owners than people
talking from data.


And FYI the team-bhp fever has spread in my office that this has become
our prime work than our job :-)

Great Site, but highly addictive !!!!
Uh-uh. T-BHP is getting popular quite fast at my work place too, which is a large software firm with a lot of young people buying cars frequently. I see this site suggested far too often now.

Good going guys.
charu85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2008, 20:21   #149
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,913
Thanked: 327 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
Kudos to all the mods who have been doing an outstanding job. I think their committment to this site is fantastic and it shows in the quality of posts here.
Well said!! because its the mods who strive hard to keep the board clean and monitor it diligently to make sure everything is in order.

Good job mods!! Keep up the wonderful work! And let the T-BHP fever spread all around!!! cheers:

@mhafeez: You cannot judge a person by just his ranking or his post count on T-BHP. For example a person who has very good knowledge on automobiles might have registered recently and would be ranked a newbie. That does not mean he cannot give the right advise or give unbiased reviews. As mentioned by the Mods, they are not paid by manufacturers to give good reviews. And in the rare case of a person not posting the right reviews or is being rude, we have our omnipresent mods to clean the board!!!
So dont worry about the quality of information you are getting here.
abhinav.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2008, 00:51   #150
Senior - BHPian
 
IronWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Benga-loo-ru
Posts: 1,568
Thanked: 32 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Well said!! because its the mods who strive hard to keep the board clean and monitor it diligently to make sure everything is in order.

Good job mods!! Keep up the wonderful work! And let the T-BHP fever spread all around!!! cheers:
Some aspects in international/other vehicle forums, which you wont see in Team-BHP.
  • The huge banners in the posts (part of the individual signatures) making it annoying to read the comments.
  • Excessive use of language.
  • Ramblings and constant discussions.
Lots more I cannot think of at the moment.

Thanks everyone, esp the Mods for keeping it clean, professional and mature.

I also think its the duty of the members to report abuse, when we see it.
IronWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team-BHPs Rock Show on 20th December, 2005! GTO Shifting gears 48 24th December 2005 17:09


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:22.

Copyright 2000 - 2014, Team-BHP.com