Go Back   Team-BHP > Team-BHP > Announcements

Old 17th February 2016, 20:10   #136
BHPian

Default Re: A dozen years of memories...Happy 12th Birthday, Team-BHP!

Happy 12th birthday T-BHP...!!!

Nostalgia, reading all the posts by the Mods and other members.

For me, 2016 is a milestone year (my membership got approved ) and I know how it would be for everyone too.

The quality of the content in T-BHP is un-paralleled and hoping for the best in the future too!!!

Congrats once again .
jpcoolguy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2016, 21:56   #137
BHPian

Heartiest congratulations to GTO, all Founders of Team BHP, Moderators and Support Members you folks deserve a lot more credit than you get for creating and running a thoroughly professional, factual and clean site of solid information and unbiased reviews. Team BHP was the first, absolutely the very first web site to whom I contributed or even put in a comment. And it is easy to get hooked. And now after learning how to write on Team BHP I added Wikipedia to the list but BHP is the one I check everyday I am at home. Most of us don't realize how much of hard work and alertness goes into maintaining and building a site like this. Mat you continue to shine on your 25th birthday. Thanks gentlemen.
Best regards, Narayan

Last edited by V.Narayan : 17th February 2016 at 22:10.
V.Narayan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2016, 00:15   #138
BHPian

Smile Re: A dozen years of memories...Happy 12th Birthday, Team-BHP!

A dozen years! That's a long time. I have been visiting the forum since about 4 years now and have been a member since 3 years. The memories in these three years have been innumerable and they continue to increase.

Keeping with the theme of the thread, I too will revisit memories in the form of pictures because expressing them in words will fill up multiple pages.

Note: Most of the images have been clicked by fellow BHPians.

I remember shifting to Mumbai and attending my first ever Powai mini-meet.
Name:  1.JPG
Views: 508
Size:  401.4 KB

I remember the my first outstation drive to Kaas with a group of "strangers".
A dozen years of memories...Happy 12th Birthday, Team-BHP!-2.jpg

I remember going on "Zombie" drives and later explaining people what it actually means.
Name:  3.jpg
Views: 509
Size:  95.5 KB

I remember trekking for the first time with a bunch of Team-BHPians.
Name:  4.jpg
Views: 500
Size:  92.7 KB

I remember the Quattro A4 having fun on the beach.
A dozen years of memories...Happy 12th Birthday, Team-BHP!-5.jpg

I also remember the mega meet we had.
A dozen years of memories...Happy 12th Birthday, Team-BHP!-6.jpg

I remember refusing to behave like an adult
A dozen years of memories...Happy 12th Birthday, Team-BHP!-7.jpg

...and I remember others refusing to do so too.
Name:  8.jpg
Views: 504
Size:  64.1 KB

I remember picking up a NRI BHPian from the airport.
A dozen years of memories...Happy 12th Birthday, Team-BHP!-9.jpg

...and dragging him for a meet on the same evening.
A dozen years of memories...Happy 12th Birthday, Team-BHP!-10.jpg

I remember going for a drive just to have some kickass vada pav and waiting for it in a line.
Name:  11.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  82.5 KB

I remember going on a 50 kms cycle ride with BHPians.
A dozen years of memories...Happy 12th Birthday, Team-BHP!-12.jpg

...and hogging like crazy post the ride.
A dozen years of memories...Happy 12th Birthday, Team-BHP!-13.jpg

I remember the wonderful monsoon drives.
A dozen years of memories...Happy 12th Birthday, Team-BHP!-14.jpg

I remember the wonderful bike rides.
A dozen years of memories...Happy 12th Birthday, Team-BHP!-15.jpg

And I also remember taking the bae (bike) out for a ride on Valentines.
A dozen years of memories...Happy 12th Birthday, Team-BHP!-16.jpg

I am limiting myself to these many pictures but they do not fully depict the fun times I have had. The bunch of friends that the forum has given me are one of the best. The way they go out of their way to be of help is truly surprising. In a couple of months, it will be time for me to shift out from Mumbai to a hopefully better place. The biggest memory of my time here would the fun times I have had with BHPians
amansanc is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2016, 09:06   #139
BHPian

I joined this beautiful forum in 2006. Thanks to T-Bhp, I've made friends for life.
Thanks to GTO and the moderators who strive hard to maintain this spotless image that T-Bhp enjoys internationally. I was in Italy (@ Ferrari, Modena on work) when the Tata Nano was launched. Believe me, folks there were hooked on to the forum to get updates on the Nano. And when I said that I am a T-Bhpian, the kind of rapport that I enjoyed with the engineers there took off to a different level.

I miss the old members. Rtech, Sam the most.
I miss Rudra's Amby. Hope she will be out on the roads soon!
If off-roading / 4x4 vehicles has gone on to become a lifestyle in India, its because of Team Bhp!
We've come a long way. We have a longer way to go.

Last edited by jeeva : 18th February 2016 at 09:10.
jeeva is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2016, 09:33   #140
BHPian

Happy b'day Team-bhp. This community has always been a valuable resource for me.
Also looking forward to the years to come.
kevintomin is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2016, 11:01   #141
GTO
Team-BHP Support

A lot of BHPians have asked which is the unlaunched car we were testing? It's the Peugeot 207.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2016, 11:10   #142
BHPian

Happy B'day...12 years of revving...many more to come..
Neel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2016, 16:25   #143

Happy 12th to all mods, members - old and new, anyone and everyone who has posted here in all these years. It's the sharing of their knowledge, experiences, stories that first got me hooked to TBhp.

I have never met any bhpian yet (apart from little hiyas and salutes that few share when they spot another TBhp vehicle on road, which is unsaid but still says a lot of the camaraderie and respect each TBhpian has for one another!) but I'd love to change that!

So on this 12th year celebration of Team BHP, I pledge to be more active on this forum and I hope to meet as many fellow Team BHPians as I can!

Cheers everyone!
Gagzie is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2016, 16:34   #144
BHPian

Happy 12th B'Day T-BHP..!! Wish you 100's more to come..!!

I believe there is no other site as information & collaborative as T-BHP, thanks to all the mods and contributors.
raghubhaskar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2016, 16:42   #145
BHPian

Happy Birthday friends!!

I am there with you for the last 5 years and this forum really helped me in many ways, be it in helping me to find out the right option for my first car, or helping me in realizing my dream of long distance driving through our great country,or giving information on any aspect relate to automobiles. Fabulous,
bbhavan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2016, 17:08   #146
Senior - BHPian

No Pictures to share just yet but awesome , wishing everyone a young happy 12th !!
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2016, 17:39   #147
BHPian

It was an innocent little query on a search engine that first brought me to Team-BHP. All I was looking at was ways to get "tyred". But you know what, I never did. Get "tired", I mean. The quality of the posts on the forum, from the time I have been seeing them, have been outstanding and have kept me hooked on so far and will continue to keep me hooked on.

Kudos to all the Mods, DBHPians, writers and readers who have made Team-BHP what it is today.

Congratulations on entering your teenage years.....
BeantownThinker is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2016, 18:35   #148
BHPian

Many congratulations to the founding members, moderators, distinguished members (and also newbies like me and lurkers) who have made this forum the place to be for auto lovers!

Thank you to the founders and support staff from the bottom of my heart for setting up this place and making it probably the best run forum I have ever seen

This is one family that spans the length and breadth of the country and beyond, and is bound together by the closest of bonds!

Wish you a very happy birthday Team BHP with many more returns to come
digitalnirvana is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2016, 20:11   #149
BHPian

Happy Birthday, Team BHP !!

My sincere congratulations to all the Moderators for creating and maintaining such a wonderful forum. In my opinion, TBHP is a lot more than just people discussing automobiles...its more of a way of life now for us members. Its like a large, well-knit family with an invisible bond which holds each and every member together!

Wishing T-BHP a very happy birthday...may we go from strength to strength.
TheStranger is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2016, 12:48   #150

Thumbs up Re: A dozen years of memories...Happy 12th Birthday, Team-BHP!

Many-many congratulations from my side on the 12th anniversary of this community. It was I think 2008, when I first started reading the stuff from Team-bhp. The initial engagement was limited to reading the vast resource of information on virtually any car running our roads. Whenever I face with a situation the first thing I do is a google search and was pleasantly surprised to see maximum number of topics related to that was discussed in Team-bhp.

Gradually I started generating a sense of appreciation and thought of registering on the forum. There came the surprise; as my registration request was rejected not once, but twice. This was I think 2011 and then I almost gave up, but continued to read every bit whenever possible and required.

I must sincerely admit that I have immensely benefited from the postings in this forum and have taken many decisions in the light of information gained out of this platform. Personally, it would be reasonable to say that I am a roadie and cover a good amount of distance (30k to 40k kms) with my set of wheels in a year. This creates its own set of issues and challenges which crop out either mechanical or road or driving related aspects and I am happy to admit today that I have always banked on Team-bhp for all those situations and the discussions on this forum have been really helpful in finding the best possible solution.

The year was 2014, I thought of retrying to register on the forum and viola I was successful for the very first time. Though not regular but this is one forum which I have frequented more than any other and today after seeing the initial couple of pages of this thread I am absolutely thrilled seeing the passion and dedication which the founding members exhibited which resulted in such a wonderful community on a global scale.

My best wishes to one and all and looking forward for a momentous association with everyone out over there.
sknglobal is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote