Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment > Ask the Gurus


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2008, 20:47   #7906
BHPian
 
mohang_j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 269
Thanked: 18 Times
Default Connecting cs 60.2 to drive sub in bridge mode.

Gurus,
I have brought jbl cs60.2 amp, how do i connect it in brdge mode to drive cs1204 sub.I have Pioneer 3050ub HU.It has 2 RCA out and Rear out can be configured as sub out.Confused a bit since i am getting no deference in output when i connect in bridge mode / single channel.
mohang_j is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 14th April 2008, 21:12   #7907
Distinguished - BHPian
 
greenhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: TN-22
Posts: 6,191
Thanked: 471 Times
Default

just learnt that there are no more Dieci components available. But gunbir's clearance sale prices are yummy

I still have a fixation about my 4" dash location. So was wondering, what if i buy a 6.5" coax and a 4" coax, and wire them up with a homebrew 1st or 2nd order crossover? Alternately, i can get just the 6.5" coax, snip the wires off its tweeter, and use a DT 16 with its own crossover. both will cost about the same as the comps. But I'm leaning towards the first option, since I can then put in an L-pad and tune it the way i want it.

Do you guys think i'm going overboard with the DIY?
more importantly, will it sound worse than the comps?

Last edited by greenhorn : 14th April 2008 at 21:20.
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2008, 23:53   #7908
BHPian
 
somebodystopme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 480
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

No actually 10 K is my budget for just 2 speakers. HU is seperate. Have already decided on Pioneer Hu since I have 7950UB on my other car and is running Great for more than a year now.

There is provision for speakers coaxials on rear doors. So I think since am not getting and amp so two speakers are enough. I am thinking about JBL for the timebeing.
somebodystopme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2008, 22:53   #7909
Senior - BHPian
 
amit_mechengg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,232
Thanked: 632 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default

gurus, is there any specific method how to write a mp3 disc for good quality songs. i have observed that same songs play good on one of my older cd than it sounds on the cd which i have written right now.
also i find a difference in the quality of songs that are played from USB and that on CD
amit_mechengg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2008, 23:17   #7910
BHPian
 
vebmetal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 787
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

If it's the same bitrate, theoretically there should be no difference. If there is any difference at all I would anticipate usb to be better. If you have problem with skipping etc. try burning at a lower speed. Generally speaking CDs and DVDs burn better at lower speeds.
vebmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2008, 09:44   #7911
BHPian
 
hrsraghav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 269
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
gurus, is there any specific method how to write a mp3 disc for good quality songs. i have observed that same songs play good on one of my older cd than it sounds on the cd which i have written right now.
also i find a difference in the quality of songs that are played from USB and that on CD

Yaa i too have noticed this thing. The songs played from USB are not that good compared to the same songs of same bit rate from a CD (copied from same location).
I dont know whats the reason behind it.

Last edited by hrsraghav : 17th April 2008 at 09:54.
hrsraghav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2008, 09:58   #7912
BHPian
 
SRShrikanth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mumbai / Santa Barbara
Posts: 240
Thanked: 6 Times
Smile ICE Gurus....help required.

The ICE in my car is complete Blaupunkt now.

Recently, the HU was changed from Sony to Hamburg 57.

After the change, a peculiar issue cropped up.

Whilst accelerating from stop onwards - with A/C ON & the muzik files being read from the USB - there is a corresponding whillstling sound from the muzik system....

It parallels my acceleration rate.

However, if i swicth off the AC and reach 40-50kmph in 3rd gear and then swicth the ac on - no whistle then.!!!

What could be the concern area for this issue plssss.

& how can i recitify it - if anyone hear has come across something similar.

Thanx in advance
SRShrikanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2008, 11:31   #7913
Senior - BHPian
 
amit_mechengg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,232
Thanked: 632 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRShrikanth View Post
The ICE in my car is complete Blaupunkt now.

Recently, the HU was changed from Sony to Hamburg 57.

After the change, a peculiar issue cropped up.

Whilst accelerating from stop onwards - with A/C ON & the muzik files being read from the USB - there is a corresponding whillstling sound from the muzik system....

It parallels my acceleration rate.

However, if i swicth off the AC and reach 40-50kmph in 3rd gear and then swicth the ac on - no whistle then.!!!

What could be the concern area for this issue plssss.

& how can i recitify it - if anyone hear has come across something similar.

Thanx in advance

you are suffering from alternator whine. please search Alternator Whine on the forum and you will get all the answers of your problem.
amit_mechengg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2008, 11:40   #7914
Distinguished - BHPian
 
greenhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: TN-22
Posts: 6,191
Thanked: 471 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrsraghav View Post
Yaa i too have noticed this thing. The songs played from USB are not that good compared to the same songs of same bit rate from a CD (copied from same location).
I dont know whats the reason behind it.
Could you specify in what manner there is less quality
1) digital artifacts ( ie does it sound like lower bitrate)
2) skipping
3) resampling issues ( try the same song after resampling to 48 khz with a good external resampler in the PC )
4) decoding issues - if the HU supports, try playing a decompressed wav of the same song from the USB
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2008, 14:44   #7915
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 5
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodystopme View Post
No actually 10 K is my budget for just 2 speakers. HU is seperate. Have already decided on Pioneer Hu since I have 7950UB on my other car and is running Great for more than a year now.

There is provision for speakers coaxials on rear doors. So I think since am not getting and amp so two speakers are enough. I am thinking about JBL for the timebeing.
Hi , JBL are good speakers and should get the 300 W at around 3 to 3.5k. Also if your budget is 10k consider putting component jbl in your front as well for around 3k and maybe a 2 channel amp connected to your rear speakers. You should be able to hear good music then. Cheers !
maverick74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2008, 22:18   #7916
BHPian
 
hrsraghav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 269
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Could you specify in what manner there is less quality
1) digital artifacts ( ie does it sound like lower bitrate)
2) skipping
3) resampling issues ( try the same song after resampling to 48 khz with a good external resampler in the PC )
4) decoding issues - if the HU supports, try playing a decompressed wav of the same song from the USB
I would say the overall quality goes down, I can't say about bitrate, but it sounds like the track is not picking all the frequencies of music.
hrsraghav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2008, 22:48   #7917
Senior - BHPian
 
amit_mechengg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,232
Thanked: 632 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrsraghav View Post
I would say the overall quality goes down, I can't say about bitrate, but it sounds like the track is not picking all the frequencies of music.
i have the same song written on a disc and the same song copied to USB. yes i too observe the same thing. some frequencies, i think mostly the higher ones are lost as i feel lack in trebble and frequencies heard from tweeters.
amit_mechengg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2008, 22:59   #7918
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 335
Thanked: 48 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
i have the same song written on a disc and the same song copied to USB. yes i too observe the same thing. some frequencies, i think mostly the higher ones are lost as i feel lack in trebble and frequencies heard from tweeters.
Pioneers normally have different memories for equalizers for different sources. Have you checked equalizer settings for CD and USB?.
There is also SLA (source level adjustment) check that also.
alto99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2008, 23:05   #7919
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sam Kapasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mumbai (but wat
Posts: 6,972
Thanked: 1,155 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
also i find a difference in the quality of songs that are played from USB and that on CD
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrsraghav View Post
The songs played from USB are not that good compared to the same songs of same bit rate from a CD (copied from same location).
I dont know whats the reason behind it.
As veb pointed out, theoretically this is impossible. Allow me to explain.

MP3 is not audio, it is data that can be decoded into audio. The only difference between the data on your USB and on your CD is the medium. The USB stick has solid state memory chips, while the CD has on on a vinyl layer that needs to be read by a laser diode.
If at all, the CD will have jitter and will be slower to read than the USB.

Theoretically the same MP3 data should sound the same, whether on CD or on the USB pendrive. If it sounds different, I would be surprised.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2008, 23:24   #7920
Senior - BHPian
 
amit_mechengg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,232
Thanked: 632 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default

@ SAM Sir,
Believe me sir, i too think usb should sound clear. but cd produces sounds in all frequencies while usb omits the higher frequencies , the tweeters sound empty
amit_mechengg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OE Replacement - Navigation System for Cruze "Mega Audio" lawyer Sound Off and Show Off 46 22nd June 2014 18:39
Car audio losing sound at low rpms! EDIT : Solved by "The Steg" GTO Ask the Gurus 165 18th June 2014 16:10
sub enclosure advice from audio gurus clipto333 Ask the Gurus 22 4th January 2007 11:29
Please Read This Thread *Before* Posting in the "What Car?" Section adya33 What Car? 0 12th July 2006 19:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:52.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks