Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2013, 14:01   #601
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,483
Thanked: 8,374 Times
Default Re: 3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post
Got to visit them soon. My daughter puked her breakfast of egg and milk inside the car. One can imagine the stink inside.

Anyone faced a similar situation? What did you do?

MaSh
First I would say, do a first round of cleaning yourself. No second options here. After a first round is done, after you remove the basic dirt, you can put some camphor pack to weed out the smell/stench. Maybe then take it to 3M.

Last edited by ampere : 27th October 2013 at 14:05.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2013, 21:10   #602
BHPian
 
ankan.m.blr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 589
Thanked: 482 Times
Default Re: 3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)

For initial stench removal, cleaning the dirt and then a temp solution by using something like this might be an option.
Product link


3M would be the final solution.
ankan.m.blr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2013, 11:30   #603
BHPian
 
mashmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 350
Thanked: 116 Times
Default Re: 3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
First I would say, do a first round of cleaning yourself. No second options here. After a first round is done, after you remove the basic dirt, you can put some camphor pack to weed out the smell/stench. Maybe then take it to 3M.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
For initial stench removal, cleaning the dirt and then a temp solution by using something like this might be an option.
Product link 3M would be the final solution.
Yes initial cleaning has been done thoroughly. New perfume placed in car. Its much better now. I will see this week, if things get back to normal, fine, else coming weekend car goes to 3M. Thank You so much for the suggestions.

MaSh

Last edited by mobike008 : 28th October 2013 at 16:44. Reason: Please dont quote images while replying
mashmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2013, 18:43   #604
BHPian
 
TheTeacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Space-Time
Posts: 480
Thanked: 317 Times
Default Re: 3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)

Better yet, buy some packets of baking soda, open them so the contents don't spill out but the powder is exposed, and place them in the car. They will absorb all odors, good and bad.You can also put the powder in small, shallow trays or bowls and leaving them on the floor area of the car interior.

Lumps of charcoal will do the same job.

This would be better than covering up foul smells with even stronger good smelling ones. Ones the car isn;t smelly, you can go back to using an air freshener.
TheTeacher is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2013, 23:47   #605
Senior - BHPian
 
arun_josie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,244
Thanked: 4,016 Times
Default Re: 3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)

I was there in 3M yesterday for powershine treatment as usual returned back all smiles . Find the difference from day one till 70K Kms,

@ 70K Kms

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-70k_2.jpg

@ 70K Kms
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-70k_3.jpg

Previous Ones,
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-dzire-optimized-images1.jpg

Last edited by arun_josie : 4th November 2013 at 00:00.
arun_josie is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2013, 09:23   #606
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 121
Thanked: 68 Times
Default Re: 3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
I was there in 3M yesterday for powershine treatment as usual returned back all smiles . Find the difference from day one till 70K Kms,
WoW Arun. Your car looks same, if not better, as on day 1!!.
According to me, this shows the effort and care with which you have maintained the car. How frequently do you get the external shine done from 3M?
pradyblr is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2013, 09:53   #607
Distinguished - BHPian
 
IronH4WK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,452
Thanked: 3,571 Times
Default Re: 3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Find the difference from day one till 70K Kms
if ya ask me, it looks better now
IronH4WK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2013, 11:42   #608
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 76
Thanked: 83 Times
Default Re: 3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)

@Speedsatya:

I agree with you on this. I am not a 'brand evangelist'. I like to be fair in my judgement. I don't believe in 'bashing' someone's image.

Yesterday I went in for a foam wash and I was rather disappointed with the service. They didn't do an under body wash. After the foam wash the chap took a dirty cloth and started wiping the car. I didn't like it because the cloth was all worn out and very very dirty. The purpose would be defeated. So I protested and asked him to use a clean cloth.

After they moved the car back to let in another car for wash, I noticed the wheels were still very dirty and wasn't washed properly. I'm extremely unhappy with the quality of the job.

After reading all the raving reviews about 3M's quality, friendly staff and how they've created a loyal customer base, I don't see any merit in all of this. The last few times haven't been too good either. They use soiled microfiber cloth to wipe the car body and that leaves swirl marks, especially if they use polish.

Yesterday my brother was getting PPF done on his car and even that wasn't done properly. I have pictures of this but then he asked me not to upload it to protect his privacy. There is no dust free area where it can be done. There were specks of dust that had settled on the car fender and they applied the PPF on it! And my brother was paying close to 40k for this! I may sound very fussy but this is the truth. I went there thinking I will experience good service but then they have failed to meet my expectations not once, but 4 times.

Agreed the staff is friendly. Sweet talking isn't going to fetch anything substantial and it won't do the customer any good. I'd rather get good quality service and absolutely no sweet talking by the staff. Agreed 3M is a well-known brand. I don't know how long the loyal customers are going to remain blind toward bad service. (Apologies if I sound too harsh!)
Attached Thumbnails
3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-20131103_134127.jpg  

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-20131103_135552.jpg  

vishwasvr is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2013, 13:16   #609
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 339
Thanked: 119 Times
Default

There is nothing like offending anyone's feelings or anything when one states facts as they are. After all, there are service
levels which are committed and when one's own experience contradicts then it is quite fine to share the same. The only
point I suggest please provide feedback to both Pradeep and Siddu directly. I personally have got a few corrections done
and deficiencies rectified. So far there has not been an occasion when after feedback was done, it was not corrected
from my experience. Cheers
Waxeloquent is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2013, 13:45   #610
Senior - BHPian
 
DRIV3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,644
Thanked: 1,078 Times
Default Re: 3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwasvr View Post
@Speedsatya:

I agree with you on this. I am not a 'brand evangelist'. I like to be fair in my judgement. I don't believe in 'bashing' someone's image.

Yesterday I went in for a foam wash and I was rather disappointed with the service. They didn't do an under body wash. After the foam wash the chap took a dirty cloth and started wiping the car. I didn't like it because the cloth was all worn out and very very dirty. The purpose would be defeated. So I protested and asked him to use a clean cloth.

After they moved the car back to let in another car for wash, I noticed the wheels were still very dirty and wasn't washed properly. I'm extremely unhappy with the quality of the job.

After reading all the raving reviews about 3M's quality, friendly staff and how they've created a loyal customer base, I don't see any merit in all of this. The last few times haven't been too good either. They use soiled microfiber cloth to wipe the car body and that leaves swirl marks, especially if they use polish.

Yesterday my brother was getting PPF done on his car and even that wasn't done properly. I have pictures of this but then he asked me not to upload it to protect his privacy. There is no dust free area where it can be done. There were specks of dust that had settled on the car fender and they applied the PPF on it! And my brother was paying close to 40k for this! I may sound very fussy but this is the truth. I went there thinking I will experience good service but then they have failed to meet my expectations not once, but 4 times.

Agreed the staff is friendly. Sweet talking isn't going to fetch anything substantial and it won't do the customer any good. I'd rather get good quality service and absolutely no sweet talking by the staff. Agreed 3M is a well-known brand. I don't know how long the loyal customers are going to remain blind toward bad service. (Apologies if I sound too harsh!)
You are not alone, my friend. TBH, I feel that either this store is over-hyped, or customers who share a rapport with the proprietor is given better treatment.

I went there for a powershine but settled down for a foam wash later and asked them to cover the underbody too during the wash. I was flatly refused saying that as per 3M policy they never do that. This was Pradeep. This guy also tried selling me a paint sealant treatment just because my car had few tar spots, my car was already treated and I do not want to shell out 4k for just few tar spots which would either go away with some claying or a IPA wipe-down.

Heck, wonder how the 3M store I visit at Chennai washes my car's underchassis or wonder how 3M HSR themselves wash the underbody when a customer wants a underbody coating.

When asked for an explanation, I was told by Pradeep that we don't wash it because it'll rust. I was like, WTH, then do you think water never gets there during rain? And you never wash the underchassis before you do a coating?

I was unanswered and he said he would try doing it IFF the bay was free. This was on a Monday morning and I had taken off just to get the car cleaned.

I specifically mention him to atleast wash the wheel wells properly if not the under-chassis.

And the car comes out, I casually see that the tyres are dirty and the LH doors have few stains. I point it out and it was attended. Later, i go park at home which is just 3 kms away. I was shocked when I saw the wheel wells. Here are few pics.

Shabby, improper and unprofessional foam wash ever. The RVM had few old bug splatters too, which was untouched throughout the wash.

Sorry to spoil the flow guys, but good for those of you who find them excellent, I did not.

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-20130916_160751.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-20130916_160757.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-20130916_160801.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-20130916_160805.jpg

3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-20130916_160819.jpg

Last edited by DRIV3R : 4th November 2013 at 13:46. Reason: Typo
DRIV3R is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2013, 14:18   #611
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,018
Thanked: 520 Times
Default Re: 3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)

I had commented about the same few pages back. I agree that the people in 3M HSR are much better and helpful than the other car detailing guys around. But professional car detailing is altogether a different ball game. The jobs these guys do in 2-3 hours actually take 5-6 hours if you really follow the golden rules of car detailing. Reusing microfiber clothes with out proper wash is a cardinal sin in detailing world. The contention is that despite these practices they charge a premium for their services.
Also I never flaunt my Team BHP identity anywhere which may entitle you to preferential treatment. I would like to get the same treatment as any other person.

Last edited by poloman : 4th November 2013 at 14:33.
poloman is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2013, 15:10   #612
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,727
Thanked: 15,773 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwasvr View Post
Yesterday my brother was getting PPF done on his car and even that wasn't done properly. I have pictures of this but then he asked me not to upload it to protect his privacy.
I'm one of the members who have been satisfied with the service provided and recommended them on the forum. Not because they don't make mistakes, but because they have been responsible enough to rectify mistakes whenever something is pointed out.

Its not acceptable if PPF is having issue. And I'm sure Sidhu will be the first person to agree with me on this. Please call them (I would recommend to speak with Sidhu directly) up with the details and get it corrected.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2013, 15:18   #613
Senior - BHPian
 
DRIV3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,644
Thanked: 1,078 Times
Default Re: 3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I'm one of the members who have been satisfied with the service provided and recommended them on the forum. Not because they don't make mistakes, but because they have been responsible enough to rectify mistakes whenever something is pointed out.

Its not acceptable if PPF is having issue. And I'm sure Sidhu will be the first person to agree with me on this. Please call them (I would recommend to speak with Sidhu directly) up with the details and get it corrected.
Why should the customer keep running to the Store Manager for escalations?

Is it not the Store Manager's onus to do the QC before delivering the car? I thought that was the norm at 3M stores so far!

When we pay a premium for 3M's services, that is what is least expected.
DRIV3R is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2013, 15:44   #614
Senior - BHPian
 
speedsatya's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: bangalore/manga
Posts: 3,161
Thanked: 706 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwasvr View Post
. Agreed the staff is friendly. Sweet talking isn't going to fetch anything substantial and it won't do the customer any good. I'd rather get good quality service and absolutely no sweet talking by the staff. Agreed 3M is a well-known brand. I don't know how long the loyal customers are going to remain blind toward bad service. ))
Yeah. I still fail to understand as to how can they do a body treatment polishing and waxing with so much of dust through the open entrance. I realised later on that my windscreen wasn't cleaned properly , same with my rims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
I was there for a wash n wax after a long drive over the week. Quality of their work as usual was good , but I also had a not so great experience over there. My boot has my polishing kit with polishes for the exterior , interior , rims , tires ,.... This included a 3 M wax paste ( the same one that they use for waxing ). This wax paste box was missing when I checked before taking it out.
The 3M wax paste that these people sell here for more than 3K INR went missing from my boot. It was in this bag where I have all my other polishes in the boot. I had checked it before giving them the car. They said they dunno much about it , I just left it at that. But have decided , I won't go there again nor would recommend them to anyone.
speedsatya is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2013, 16:13   #615
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,727
Thanked: 15,773 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post

Why should the customer keep running to the Store Manager for escalations?

Is it not the Store Manager's onus to do the QC before delivering the car? I thought that was the norm at 3M stores so far!

When we pay a premium for 3M's services, that is what is least expected.
True. And I have seen the policy being followed.

But in cases were a mistake happens- talking to the store owner produces more results than ranting on the forum, unless the objective is to rant anyways. It didn't seem so in his case, as he was providing feedback and his PPF needs correction - and hence my suggestion to him.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 4th November 2013 at 16:18.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wheel Alignment / Balance : Tyre Empire (HSR Layout, Bangalore) motomaverick Bangalore 49 1st October 2016 12:36
Pronto Automated Car and Bike Wash – HSR Layout, Bangalore mac187 Bangalore 67 14th September 2015 11:28
Reliance AutoZone - HSR Layout (Bangalore) mac187 Bangalore 40 3rd June 2015 18:06
Automotive Workshop - SSS Auto Care ( HSR Layout - Bangalore) binz Bangalore 6 20th December 2012 22:21


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:35.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks