Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Old 22nd December 2014, 13:43   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: 3M Car Care (RMV 2nd stage, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
If this has happened in 5 days I cant image what will happen in a month or in a year.
I will be going back to them today, let me see what they say.
i had done something similar on the ORVM's but removed the entire wraps after a week. Peeling off after a few days was the main issue.

Last edited by volkman10 : 22nd December 2014 at 13:58.
volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2014, 13:51   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just got back from 3M - Did a carbon wrap on both the side mirrors. Finish was good.
I was charged - Around Rs -1,300

Will post details soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
i had done something similar on the ORVM's but removed the entire wraps after a week. Peeling off after a few bays was the main issue.
Was it done at 3M? I don't believe paying Rs - Rs 1,300 and expecting it to peel off within 10-15 days is acceptable.

If I wanted something temporary/low quality then there are lot of small shops who would do this for a little over Rs - 300.

Last edited by Captain Slow : 22nd December 2014 at 13:55.
Captain Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2014, 14:00   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Was it done at 3M?
Was done at the same place, but the wrap on the roof top is top notch and have no regrets.

The ORVM's are not regular in shape and usually will not in a single piece. That is where it tends to come off.
volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2014, 00:33   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Was done at the same place, but the wrap on the roof top is top notch and have no regrets.

The ORVM's are not regular in shape and usually will not in a single piece. That is where it tends to come off.
For my car its coming off in several places, the joints, inner joints also the folding's are developing wrinkles.

I went there today noon, They were packed!
One of the Floor supervisors came to me, I showed him the issue.
He said "this can be fixed with heating".
Asked him if he was sure, he said yes!

They were over crowded today so we decided that I will go in on Wednesday and get this fixed.
I didn't meet Amit or mention any of this to him yet.

So far they have been positive and willing to fix the issues! Unlike the Attitude of Sai Colorium.

Will update you all on Wednesday.
Old 25th December 2014, 10:55   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Visited 3M RMV for getting some work done on my new Polo GT.

Got Paint sealant + CR70/90 sunfilms + Nomad floor mads + PPF for Mirrors, door handles and door edges. Got some decent discount for getting 3 major jobs done at the same time.

As usual a good job done by Amit and team. 3M stuff is expensive, but feel they're worth it as I've got similar stuff done for my other cars. The new red Polo with the paint sealant done sure makes heads turn . Sorry for not posting pics!

I made it a point to visit them mid week as during weekends they are overloaded with cars.

I happened to meet Captain Slow while I was there. Hope they've sorted out your issue with the CF wrap for the mirrors. I've got the same wrap for my Laura B pillars and they are holding up fine. I feel its the curved surfaces of the mirror and multiple joints that caused them to peel off prematurely.
Santoshbhat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2015, 02:27   #66
Senior - BHPian

Santosh,

Pleasure meeting you too! Your new ride looks hot!

Sorry I couldn't update here due to personal reasons.

Went back to 3M and some parts of the wrap were removed the refitted.
Overall fit and finish seems good! I hope this lasts long!

Even though Amit was not around, The Staff there were friendly and willing to help.
Wonderful Customer Service.
thank you very much !

On a side note-
I was told that the 3M Carbon wrap is very thick! that could be one of the reasons for wrinkles and peeling issues.
Old 10th June 2015, 01:20   #67
Senior - BHPian

3M Car Care launches at-your-home service in India

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3726977 (3M Car Care launches at-your-home service in India)

I was told this branch is the only branch in Bangalore Offering this service for now.

They offer most of the services that you get in the store but all this done right at your home!

Will try them out soon and see how it goes.

Here are the details -
3M Car Care (RMV 2nd stage, Bangalore)-3m1.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
3M Car Care (RMV 2nd stage, Bangalore)-3m2.jpg  

Old 25th June 2015, 15:42   #68
Senior - BHPian

Had been to 3M - RMV today. Below are the list of jobs done on the car,

1. UV Treatment
2. 3M Nomad Mats
3. 3M Glossy black sticker for the front grill

Went to the car care at 10AM and was out by 1.30PM. The staff were very courteous and the job's were handled professionally. Mr. Chandrasekhar was the executive who did a perfect job in explaining all the products and also met Mr. Amit Shah who owns this outlet and it was a nice gesture from him as he treated all his customers with a smile and knowing I am a Bhpian he offered me a Paint Protection film on door edges for free of cost.

Let pictures do the talking now,

Car before the job started

Name:  WP_20150625_10_42_51_Pro.jpg
Views: 1538
Size:  147.6 KB

Work being done on the car

Name:  WP_20150625_11_27_16_Pro.jpg
Views: 1534
Size:  135.0 KB

Spacious store, close to 7 cars can be serviced at a time
Name:  WP_20150625_11_27_27_Pro.jpg
Views: 1525
Size:  114.4 KB

After the UV Treatment

Name:  WP_20150625_12_21_30_Pro.jpg
Views: 1563
Size:  135.7 KB

Front grill with the glossy black film wrap

Name:  WP_20150625_12_31_47_Pro.jpg
Views: 1639
Size:  123.9 KB

Name:  WP_20150625_12_32_01_Pro.jpg
Views: 1490
Size:  128.9 KB

Name:  WP_20150625_12_32_09_Pro.jpg
Views: 1513
Size:  165.2 KB

3M Nomad Mats

Name:  WP_20150625_13_05_08_Pro.jpg
Views: 1515
Size:  136.7 KB

Name:  WP_20150625_13_05_26_Pro.jpg
Views: 1507
Size:  159.0 KB

Name:  WP_20150625_13_05_36_Pro.jpg
Views: 1484
Size:  119.5 KB

Some of the products available at the store

Name:  WP_20150625_11_27_34_Pro.jpg
Views: 1503
Size:  138.1 KB
fusionbang is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2015, 10:39   #69
Senior - BHPian

Ok so I paid my first visit here and came back impressed and pretty much satisfied with their services. My Scorpio needed a good round of cleaning inside out.

Honestly washing the Scorpio was a real acid test after all the mud and muck I manage to bring back from the western ghats. Every single nook and cranny had to be cleaned. The insides of the wheel arches, the front and rear bumper and its crevices, underbody, interior, engine bay et all.

I opted for a foam wash and they boys began their work. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the amount of muck that was being blasted out by the high pressure water jet.

The boys went around the whole Scorpio thrice to ensure every trace of the dirt was completely out. I personally ran my hands through quite a few places along to check if it was clean.

Fantastic job by the crew there and I went ahead and got the 3M nomad mats. Its a tad bit expensive 286/-Rs a Sq Feet, but then its 3M and you always need to pay a premium.

The scorpio was cleaned only with 3M MF towels and this was done about twice or thrice. Something that you don't see in the local service stations. Took them a good 3 hours to only finish the foam wash and cleaning.I have no gripes coz the job was done beyond my satisfaction.

Would I go back again ? Heck yes and preferably a weekday. I went there on a friday and it was still crowded. Saving grace was that I landed up at around 9:30am and was 2nd in line. Eventually they had 2 Jaguar XF's and a Volvo roll in for a wash.

3M Car Care (RMV 2nd stage, Bangalore)-img_20150731_121404-custom.jpg
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2015, 11:12   #70
BHPian

Have been there a zillion times...got my skoda laura completely wrapped up with the PPF...did that in the year 2011, still holding great., no colour changes what so ever, its a silver car though. White cars may show the colour change of the film even more so. Amazing guys and very nice people. Meet Amit, he is the head there. Nice person.

3M Car Care (RMV 2nd stage, Bangalore)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1448948961.455013.jpg polishing before applying PPF

Name:  ImageUploadedByTeamBHP1448948995.173397.jpg
Views: 1061
Size:  243.0 KBof course we cant make out the PPF, this is after 4 years.. the colour and finish is superb, no need to repeatedly polish the bonnet, or any other part covered. I have covered the Hood, Fenders, Headlamps, Bumper bith front and back., door ends and the roof. All these are the areas prone to get damages due to stone hits, the dirty sand blasting from sand trucks..and other weather insults including Bird droppings...all u got to donis wash it up and ur car is all new..

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Thanks

Last edited by Vid6639 : 1st December 2015 at 13:22. Reason: merging posts. Kindly use the edit option when replying within 30minutes. Thanks.
drrajanvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2016, 20:20   #71
BHPian

Trying for germ free treatment for my car this saturday. Any idea how much do they charge for this. I will also have the interior cleaning done as well. I want to visit the RMV showroom.
MSMILES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2017, 08:24   #72
BHPian

The 'Baby Landie' - my sweet Nexon, got some sweet love from the professionals at 3M, RMV Branch. Pretty experienced, they're the second outlet to open in Bangalore after HSR I'm told. The work done meets expectations and the guys are friendly, explaining every query patiently.

Top tip: Good staff, but make sure you have ample time and stick around while your car is babied, to get the best of them. (Actually, this is a general tip for any work on the car done in India)

What I like:
Best location, right on main road
Massive space
Well lit interiors
Air-Conditioned Lounge as you wait
Nice stack of magazines
Good display of 3M products
Approachable & humble owner; Amit Shah
Polite artists (I like to call them that and not 'personnel', as this job involves 100% passion)
The 'ever-smiling' man in charge; Ravi
Super products from 3M (you can see the magic)

What I did not like:
The massive tree at the entrance which could possibly scratch my car (just a peeve on its location, not trees per say)
The vacuum hose used on interiors is the hard plastic type, not the brush one
Attention to detail (Few areas needed pointing out), as they don't work with check lists
Irritant: The supervisor constantly browsing mobile/watching TV in AC comfort, instead of being on floor (says, ''boys know everything'')
Few of them wearing finger rings, 'kadas', watches, belts etc, which you don't see abroad
The chemical used to stick the CR70 on the front windshield made my eyes water while driving home (3M should look into this), or maybe I'm too delicate
Was nervous about the steel blades they use to cut, not sure if that's the right tool, 3M?
Spot light on work section used only after request (I'm half blind)
Removed dealer logo on glass but put a scratch

These are few things that come to mind immediately, I'll add more as I recollect.
Attached Thumbnails
3M Car Care (RMV 2nd stage, Bangalore)-img_5672.jpg  

Sebring is online now   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2017, 18:59   #73
BHPian

Paint Protection Film really works, and how! I'd grazed my Nexon pretty badly and was expecting a fat bill on repairs. Took it to 3M and they just applied the heat gun, pulled out the film and voila it was literally like magic unfolding. There wasn't even an iota of a scratch.

I thanked the guys, got a fresh one pasted on and off I went. Cost to the pocket: Rs 1,444. These guys are magicians, do a great job and care for the car like their own. I'm really happy today!
Attached Thumbnails
3M Car Care (RMV 2nd stage, Bangalore)-bimg_0553.jpg  

3M Car Care (RMV 2nd stage, Bangalore)-aimg_0679.jpg  

Sebring is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote