Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Old 15th February 2018, 08:01   #76
BHPian

Default Re: 3M Car Care (RMV 2nd stage, Bangalore)

A shiny new revolution is coming to my Nexon! Pilot testing has been going on by 3M and the covers will be off end of day!
Attached Thumbnails
3M Car Care (RMV 2nd stage, Bangalore)-img_5351.jpg  

Sebring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2018, 11:04   #77
BHPian

My grey beauty, the Nexon takes a lot of time and effort every day to maintain its high gloss. I was looking for some kind of a coating that will give me a durable protection without being high on maintenance. So when 3M was launching a hydrophobic coat for cars I just jumped at it.

Mr Amit of 3M Car Care (RMV Outlet, Bangalore) went all out to ensure a very high level of gloss was attained, to my satisfaction, and ended it with two layers of protectant. Hypershield prevents dirt and stains from sticking to the paint and offers excellent UV protection to keep my car shining like new for months. The hydroporosity effect has to be seen to be believed! My car now has a fantastic shine and that great gloss comes with very low maintenance - just spray a fine mist of water and wipe away with MicroFiber Cloth.

Pricing wasn't out at the time of application but a single coat should cost around Rs.13,000. More the coats, higher is the cost. This is a result of extensive R&D by 3M and the guy who applied it was trained at their innovation centre outside Bangalore. So I was completely at ease regarding the whole process. Check out the brilliant shine in the image below!

Somebody uploaded the water beading video of my car on youtube, link below.

Attached Thumbnails
3M Car Care (RMV 2nd stage, Bangalore)-img_5374.jpg  

Sebring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2018, 11:39   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Hypershield prevents dirt and stains from sticking to the paint and offers excellent UV protection to keep my car shining like new for months.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...c-coating.html (3M launches Hyper Shield - A substitute to Ceramic Coating)

Being discussed in the above thread. 3M finally has an answer to the popularity of ceramic treatments with independent detailers.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote