Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2016, 18:48   #16
BHPian
 
singleton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 96
Thanked: 43 Times
Default Re: Tyres, Alignment & Balancing: SLNP Pitstop (Tubrahalli, Bangalore)

I took my fiesta to the Kalyan Nagar branch for a new set of tyres. Got Michelin XM2 for a decent price (slightly lower than what Madhus quoted).

I went on a weekday in the morning; so things were quite fast. In and out of the place in 30 mins for all 4 tyre change, alignment and balancing (free).

The place looked decent and the guys were helpful. Recommended for people on this side of Bangalore.
singleton is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2016, 16:07   #17
BHPian
 
unni246's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: KA-53 / KL-08
Posts: 161
Thanked: 79 Times
Default Re: Tyres, Alignment & Balancing: SLNP Pitstop (Tubrahalli, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by singleton View Post
I took my fiesta to the Kalyan Nagar branch for a new set of tyres. Got Michelin XM2 for a decent price (slightly lower than what Madhus quoted).

I went on a weekday in the morning; so things were quite fast. In and out of the place in 30 mins for all 4 tyre change, alignment and balancing (free).

The place looked decent and the guys were helpful. Recommended for people on this side of Bangalore.
I happened to notice this place couple of days back when I was in Kalyan Nagar.
Am looking for a shoe change as well as get some alloys, how good would this place be in terms of alloy options and pricing? Also how good and efficient are the guys over there?
unni246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2016, 16:00   #18
Senior - BHPian
 
dass's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,083
Thanked: 447 Times
Default Re: Tyres, Alignment & Balancing: SLNP Pitstop (Tubrahalli, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
I guess I would also go to the tyre empire further up going forward.

.
Based on the above, here is my review about tyre empire.
Mods- I am not able to create a new thread and don't think one exists for them. If deemed necessary, please move this out to a new thread.

Tyres, Alignment & Balancing: Tyre Empire (Ramagondanahalli(Near Forum Value Mall), Bangalore)

I had been to Tyre Empire, a multi-brand tyre dealer on the Marathalli Varthur road, near the forum value mall
over the weekend for my regular wheel alignment, Balancing and rotation as the car had just completed 30k kms.
Normally, I would go to SLNP PITTSTOP, but since the last two times I am not happy with their work I went back
to Tyre Empire. Surprisingly, I do not find any reviews about this place on TBHP.

Services Offered

1. Tyres and Alloys
2. Wheel alignment (Roadforce) and Wheel Balancing.
3. Tubeless tyre puncture.
4. Accessories (Perfumes, polishes..)
5. Nitrogen

What I like:
Very professional, no upselling
Knows and understands the customers’ requirements
Has a lot of Michelin tyres, but stocks other brands too. Did not find Yoko's in all sizes though
The owner, I believe is a old man in the business and knows his work


Pricing:
Expensive compared to the nearby places, but the work done is professional. It cost me Rs.1200 for Alignment, Balancing and Rotation. Similar work done at SLNP pittstop in thubarahalli earlier cost me Rs.800. They do use roadforce as well.

What I don't like about them:
Nothing as of now
dass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2016, 19:36   #19
BHPian
 
createrkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 223
Thanked: 295 Times
Default Re: Tyres, Alignment & Balancing: SLNP Pitstop (Tubrahalli, Bangalore)

Went to sanjaynagar slnp today to get a big fat nail removed from my tyre. Was met by a gentleman in a yellow tshirt, didnt quite catch his name but anyway. I was told that the nail is too big to remove and tubeless puncture repair strips wouldn't work since the hole made by the nail would be too big. I was recommended patchwork which would cost 800~900 but that required me leaving the tyre with them for a day. I wanted to read into this a little more so just got the tyre replaced with the stepney and now I'm running on 3 tubeless and 1 tubed with a slightly bigger size. I liked the honest approach. Was charged 60 bucks for changing tyre and re-inflated all 4. Check this place out if you're in the area.
createrkid is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2016, 19:45   #20
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Nikhilb2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5,002
Thanked: 6,747 Times
Default Re: Tyres, Alignment & Balancing: SLNP Pitstop (Tubrahalli, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
Went to sanjaynagar slnp today to get a big fat nail removed from my tyre. Was met by a gentleman in a yellow tshirt, didnt quite catch his name but anyway. I was told that the nail is too big to remove and tubeless puncture repair strips wouldn't work since the hole made by the nail would be too big. I was recommended patchwork which would cost 800~900 but that required me leaving the tyre with them for a day. I wanted to read into this a little more so just got the tyre replaced with the stepney and now I'm running on 3 tubeless and 1 tubed with a slightly bigger size. I liked the honest approach. Was charged 60 bucks for changing tyre and re-inflated all 4. Check this place out if you're in the area.
The patchwork is most probably a heat patch. It might not be the safest option on a tyre that the car runs on. Dont risk your life and car by trying to save a couple of thousand bucks. Get a new tyre if the old tyre cannot be repaired.

Heat patches are not reliable.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2016, 20:09   #21
BHPian
 
createrkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 223
Thanked: 295 Times
Default Re: Tyres, Alignment & Balancing: SLNP Pitstop (Tubrahalli, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
The patchwork is most probably a heat patch. It might not be the safest option on a tyre that the car runs on. Dont risk your life and car by trying to save a couple of thousand bucks. Get a new tyre if the old tyre cannot be repaired.

Heat patches are not reliable.
Wow, I didn't know that. I will mostly go for a new tyre then. Also, is it a problem if I drive for a few days on 3 R13's(tubeless) and 1 R14(Tube - Stepney). It's for city travel only. Thanks for the quick response.
createrkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2016, 20:57   #22
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Nikhilb2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5,002
Thanked: 6,747 Times
Default Re: Tyres, Alignment & Balancing: SLNP Pitstop (Tubrahalli, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
Wow, I didn't know that. I will mostly go for a new tyre then. Also, is it a problem if I drive for a few days on 3 R13's(tubeless) and 1 R14(Tube - Stepney). It's for city travel only. Thanks for the quick response.
For that kind of driving, there is no issue at all. Drive carefully and slowly and you will be fine. Inserting a tube in a tubeless tyre is not advised but in your case, it's short term and temporary, so it should be fine.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
24 hour Wheel Alignment, Balancing, Tyres & Alloys : DBS (Cochin) chakky Other Cities 85 21st February 2017 21:04
Tyres, Alignment & Balancing : Tyre Zone (Marathalli, Bangalore) CliffHanger Bangalore 5 4th December 2014 16:00
Tyres, Alignment & Balancing - Khan Tyre World (Sheikh Sarai, New Delhi) joybhowmik Delhi NCR 0 9th November 2014 13:54
Quick Wheel Alignment & Balancing - Shiv Shakthi Tyres (JC Road, Bangalore) GrammarNazi Bangalore 7 13th December 2013 22:40


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:46.

Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks