Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Old 31st March 2015, 12:04   #1
BANNED

Default Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - Pride Cars (Bangalore)

Hello,

After a lot of bitter experiences at KHT motors and some milking experience at Vecto, I researched and happened to visit Pride Cars at Banashankari, Bangalore.

Details about the history of issues of Linea T-Jet is mentioned in the thread below:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3674079

The classic issue of car pulling to left (some cars pull to right) which none of the dealership were able to fix, was fixed by Mr. Harish of Pride Cars.

Normally, pulling issue subsides after alignment, but after some 100 kms the problem comes back. During prolonged driving, my hands used to get fatigued while trying to keep the steering straight.

It was a clear case of improper PDI where the suspension head nut was not tuned. Both the suspension head nuts need to have a calibrated amount of tension. This was properly adjusted at Pride cars using a pneumatic torque wrench (I don't know if its the right term), in which you can preset the amount of tension. Once done the pulling issue simply disappeared and the car now goes in a straight line like never before. Its like you can measure 90 degrees from steering tip to the road with 100% accuracy .

Second issue was a creaky sound I used to get while going over potholes and while turning the car at slightly high speeds. Vecto advised me to replace the suspension for Rs. 18k. At pride cars, it was diagnosed as a deformed engine guard which was getting hit by the turbo while going over uneven roads or due to inertia while turning. Few hammers on the engine guard solved the issue.

Third issue was the rat mesh. KHT had installed the rat mesh like a kid playing with a mosquito net. Mr. Harish removed the entire mesh and reinstalled it again using an aluminum mesh.

Fourth issue was engaging reverse gear during cold start i.e. the lever use to get stuck and sound ghe-ghe. I used to bring it to neutral, do some right and left and then engaging reverse would be intermittent. For some other issue Vecto tried to convince me to replace the clutch assembly and gear cables with a quote of 35k. I asked this with Mr.Harish and he told me that the clutch is absolutely fine and asked me to engage 3rd-4th gear once or twice before engaging reverse. Well, that too solved the long old problem. My bad, I think its a common solution which I was not aware of.

It was my first try at Pride cars, but I am confident especially since there were various other Laura, Puntos and Lineas lined up for maintenance.

All the pictorial details are provided in the thread link above.

Address:
Pride Cars Bangalore
08, 17th Cross, Kr Road, Bananshakari 2nd Stage
Bengaluru, Karnataka 560070

Phone : 080 6595 9837
Harish's Mobile : 9945112233

Its available on Google Maps:
https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/...64d721e5?hl=en

Last edited by Rehaan : 13th April 2015 at 17:16. Reason: Adding one more phone number, google map & correcting name :)
Speed Pujari is offline   (9) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2015, 12:20   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - Pride Cars (Bangalore)

Thanks for the review. I've heard positive words on Pride and Harish on the TFI forums also. My car is 5+ years old now and I really need to find a FNG to keep the maintenance costs down.

I was told to replace the clutch and gear cables for a hard gearshift for 13K at Vecto Hosur road. I don't think it requires a full replacement , probably a bleeding or lubrication should be enough. But they just want to change everything without even diagnosing the problem that really pisses me off !

Do you know if he can procure FIAT spares ?

Last edited by sdp1975 : 31st March 2015 at 12:23.
sdp1975 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2015, 15:03   #3
BHPian

Default Re: Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - Pride Cars (Bangalore)

Thanks a lot for sharing this info. I have seen pics you shared in your ownership thread and they look professionally done. Do they take Marutis as well? I have some rattles in my Swift which the Maruti ASS is not ready to do. Always I am getting the response this is common in any car and if we open the panels, rattles will increase. Only a passionate mechanic can find out the actual reason and solve.
devil_klm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2015, 14:49   #4
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Thanks for the review. I've heard positive words on Pride and Harish on the TFI forums also. My car is 5+ years old now and I really need to find a FNG to keep the maintenance costs down.

I was told to replace the clutch and gear cables for a hard gearshift for 13K at Vecto Hosur road. I don't think it requires a full replacement , probably a bleeding or lubrication should be enough. But they just want to change everything without even diagnosing the problem that really pisses me off !

Do you know if he can procure FIAT spares ?
I had the same question but he said he may be unable to procure parts. He said he can give the list of parts needed after inspection and its up to us how do we procure them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
Thanks a lot for sharing this info. I have seen pics you shared in your ownership thread and they look professionally done. Do they take Marutis as well? I have some rattles in my Swift which the Maruti ASS is not ready to do. Always I am getting the response this is common in any car and if we open the panels, rattles will increase. Only a passionate mechanic can find out the actual reason and solve.
Its a multi brand workshop, you can pretty much take your car there. When I was there I saw Laura, Lancer, Linea, Punto, Polo, M800, etc.
Speed Pujari is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2016, 15:17   #5
BHPian

Bumping up an old thread. Any recent experiences with Pride? Are they still good for FIAT Cars.

My Punto 90hp needs some running repairs. Vecto is recommending a clutch kit replacement since 1st gear is hard to slot. I would like to try an FNG since my car is out of extended warranty now.

Any recent feedback on Pride will be helpful. I have heard that they have some experience with Fiat cars - so they will be my first choice if they are still as good as before.
Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2016, 15:30   #6
Senior - BHPian

I visited Pride recently. Changed my tie rods, front shocks and mounts and did the EGR cleaning from Harish. He fixed a couple of electrical problems also - door locking problem and rear wiper not working properly. He did a good job, and is quite committed to fixing whatever problems are reported. I believe he charged some premium for the spare parts.

He does have several Fiat owners who keep visiting him and they're generally happy. He recommends using the Vista clutch on the Punto, it works out cheaper as well.
sdp1975 is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2016, 16:51   #7
BHPian

I also visited Pride cars a couple of days back and got the following works done.

These were the parts which needed changing.
1. Glow plug
2. Front Lower Arms
3. Cabin Air Filter
4. Brake Pads
5. One of the turbo hoses

In addition to these, he also fixed the engine guard which had deformed and was making a lot of noise in bad roads. Also got the EGR cleaned.

Harish was very receptive and worked really well to solve all problems raised.

Looks like I will stick to him for routine repair works.
Mistakenguy is offline   Reply With Quote