Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Old 27th January 2017, 11:23   #1
BHPian

Thumbs up Doorstep Car Servicing - Carista (Bangalore)

I recently got the periodic maintenance service done for my Volkswagen Vento TDI at Carista. Nice and a different experience.

Who are they?

Carista basically deals with Doorstep Car Servicing. They have a fully functional and well-equipped mobile workshop and will come to your doorstep to service your car. They also have their own trained team of technicians.

Services Offered

Periodic Maintenance Service
Essential Monsoon Maintenance
Brakes Service
A/C Service
Electrical Service
Wheel Balancing
Express Check-up
Insurance Services
Service Warranty

Timings

They work from 9am-7pm.

Service Used :

Opted for the Periodic Maintenance Service which includes Oil replacement, Coolant Replacement oil filter replacement, brake fluid replacement, AC filter replacement, Air filter replacement, Brake pads cleaning, Caliper pin greasing, drum brake cleaning, general inspection of the car. Road test before and after the service to ascertain if the services are properly done. Fluids replacement only against requirement or deterioration of the existing fluid. + Basic Interior Enrichment. For me the service costed 9000/- inclusive of all taxes and labour. Cost will definitely differ for everyone since they donít blindly replace everything and anything.

What I like :

Utmost transparency in pricing. No upselling of stuff
Time and money saved.
Trained and Knowledgeable technicians
No outsourcing of their work. They have their own team

What I don't like :

Really canít complain. I was thoroughly impressed with their service.

Speciality/USP :

Doorstep Servicing. I can relax and enjoy the comfort of staying at my house.

No aggregators involved. Direct dealing with Carista.

Contact Information :

Address: B36 , Lower Ground Floor Oxford Towers, Kodihalli Old Airport Road, H A L Old Airport Rd, Kodihalli, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560008
Phone: +91 9019-123-124
Aniruthan is offline   (11) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2017, 20:04   #2
BHPian

Default re: Doorstep Car Servicing - Carista (Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniruthan View Post

Carista basically deals with Doorstep Car Servicing. They have a fully functional and well-equipped mobile workshop and will come to your doorstep to service your car. They also have their own trained team of technicians.

Opted for the Periodic Maintenance Service which includes Oil replacement, Coolant Replacement oil filter replacement, brake fluid replacement, AC filter replacement, Air filter replacement, Brake pads cleaning, Caliper pin greasing, drum brake cleaning, general inspection of the car. Road test before and after the service to ascertain if the services are properly done. Fluids replacement only against requirement or deterioration of the existing fluid. + Basic Interior Enrichment. For me the service costed 9000/- inclusive of all taxes and labour. Cost will definitely differ for everyone since they donít blindly replace everything and anything.

Hi
Is their mobile van equipped with spares like oil and air filters for all brands? What about consumables like engine & transmission oils, coolant, greases etc? Do they use the jack present inside the vehicle while changing oil? How did the charges for regular service compare with what you experience at the authorized service centre? How long did they take and did they have their own power source (in case one is needed?)
hothatchaway is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2017, 11:55   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Doorstep Car Servicing - Carista (Bangalore)

Quote:
I recently got the periodic maintenance service done for my Volkswagen Vento TDI at Carista. Nice and a different experience.
Big fan of any product or service that offers convenience & saves time. Thanks for sharing !

This should definitely be cheaper for them, compared to owning / renting a workshop. Plus, it's a great differentiator and I'm sure there's enough of a market out there to keep them busy. A lot of detailers are already following the same business model (asset light ).

I hope they maintain these service standards with growth.

Quote:
Got pictures to share?
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2017, 22:51   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Hi
Is their mobile van equipped with spares like oil and air filters for all brands? What about consumables like engine & transmission oils, coolant, greases etc? Do they use the jack present inside the vehicle while changing oil? How did the charges for regular service compare with what you experience at the authorized service centre? How long did they take and did they have their own power source (in case one is needed?)
If we specify the exact problem, they get the spares or they offer a pre-service checkup, and based on the requirement they will bring spares and do the service. Generic items like engine oil, transmission oil, coolant, bulbs, wipers etc are available, anything specific there is about one day lead time. All are genuine spares, some from directly the OEMs. All the consumables are changed according to the vehicleís oil grade specification (by the manufacturer). Bosch oils & coolant and original VW filters were used for my car. Theyíll change all the parts in front of you, youíre also free to stand in front of your car and watch the whole process.

No, They donít use the jack which is present inside the customerís vehicle! They used a hydraulic jack with vehicle supports. Their van had a tool trolley, a wheel balancer and an air compressor.

The charges are definitely lesser than the authorized service centre. For eg, I saved around 20% approximately against their (Caristaís) claim of 30% savings in costs. And If I may add, Itís worth it too. You never know what is going on inside the authorized service centre. But here, total transparency. This is what I love about this service.

They took around an hour for my vehicle but it might be different for different vehicles

Their van had a separate generator, as far as I saw. Their van was fully loaded with equipments that I could think of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
This should definitely be cheaper for them, compared to owning / renting a workshop. Plus, it's a great differentiator and I'm sure there's enough of a market out there to keep them busy.
Got pictures to share?
I too wish the same. This is definitely a win-win situation for a customer. Unfortunately couldn't click any pictures so no pictures to share .
Aniruthan is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2017, 23:49   #5
BHPian

^^^ My K10 had almost clocked 55xxx kms on the odo and it had been a almost a year to the last oil change and two to transmission, coolant and brake servicing. Particular that all BHPians are, it was planning ahead for the next service. I generally go to Suraksha, Bomanhalli as I have a rapport with them and they tolerate my presence in the service area but I was loathe to drive all the way from Indiranagar on this occasion and Aniruthan's post had piqued my curiosity about Carista. So after a few email exchanges with them I decided to engage them for a oil + transmission + coolant change + brake servicing. They agreed to get my fave engine oil Shell Helix HZ5 MGO as well. They arrived on time and the crew was professional and given that it was routine servicing, it was done in a jiffy. Was told that they can and have carried out clutch replacements as well at customer doorsteps. While they did the brake bleeding + caliper greasing (for the front disc brakes), I felt they should have opened the rear wheels too, if nothing but to check for leakages in the drum brake cylinder as a precautionary measure. Passed on the feedback to their cust care team and they called back for a follow up. The cost of labour was comparable to what Suraksha charges me and I have always kept a hawk eye on the latter to ensure I am not billed a penny more than what is justified. As mentioned above, they carry Bosch branded fluids and can gets other brands if you specify (as they did with me by accommodating my request for Shell engine oil) I recommend them with the standard disclaimer that I am not associated with them in any capacity other than a paying customer.

The mobile van which comes to your doorstep

Doorstep Car Servicing - Carista (Bangalore)-wp_20170210_14_57_05_pro.jpg

Doorstep Car Servicing - Carista (Bangalore)-wp_20170210_14_57_30_pro.jpg

Doorstep Car Servicing - Carista (Bangalore)-wp_20170210_15_06_18_pro.jpg

work in progress

Doorstep Car Servicing - Carista (Bangalore)-wp_20170210_15_07_24_pro.jpg

Doorstep Car Servicing - Carista (Bangalore)-wp_20170210_15_13_52_pro.jpg

brake bleeding

Doorstep Car Servicing - Carista (Bangalore)-wp_20170210_15_56_47_pro.jpg

The drained fluids, they transferred these into empty cans to be disposed off correctly

Doorstep Car Servicing - Carista (Bangalore)-wp_20170210_16_00_08_pro.jpg
hothatchaway is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2017, 16:27   #6
Senior - BHPian

Good to see door step service picking up. In comparison with bumper.com, who is market place for vendors, these guys can bring in quality by keeping rentals low (Bangalore perspective) and less motivation to malpractice to save money.
I did not like the genset being inside the van (while being in operation??). this is a big no no.
kutlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2017, 17:04   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are they able to procure VAG spare parts? I always thought, VAG parts are hard to come by, as they are not sold freely over the counter.

Do they do accident repairs and engine rebuilds also?
abhishek46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2017, 17:54   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
^^^ My K10 had almost clocked 55xxx kms on the odo and it had been a almost a year to the last oil change and two to transmission, coolant and brake servicing. The cost of labour was comparable to what Suraksha charges me
Getting our car serviced in front of our eyes, at our own doorstep is indeed a great thing; specially for those of us who like to stand by the vehicle while it is being attended to by the mechanics. Carista has a huge opportunity here.

How do brakes feel, post the fluid replacement and bleeding?

Would you mind sharing the cost incurred for the service? Did they charge the MRP for the engine oil or was there any discount?
dailydriver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2017, 12:01   #9
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is a great service and thank you, for sharing. I'm very keen on trying it out. I just completed my Alto's 81,000 kms service at a M.A.S.S and missed the opportunity. I'm keen to try these guys for the Brio which is nearing the 40,000 kms mark and has a major service due. I'm keen to know if they are able to source Honda spares as it is difficult to get them over-the-counter.

Last edited by gpa : 21st February 2017 at 12:02.
gpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2017, 15:22   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
Are they able to procure VAG spare parts? I always thought, VAG parts are hard to come by, as they are not sold freely over the counter.

Do they do accident repairs and engine rebuilds also?
For my Vento, They only used VAG spares. They must be having their own channels for this purpose. IIRC, They had mentioned that they did an engine re-build on a Volkswagen Polo recently. Anyway, Please check with Carista for that and the accident repairs query.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
I'm keen to know if they are able to source Honda spares as it is difficult to get them over-the-counter.
These guys only use genuine spares, so they must be having some kind of channel to get the spares. You can always call them up and check.
Aniruthan is offline   Reply With Quote