Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2012, 19:06   #661
BHPian
 
ambujlal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 233
Thanked: 114 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
This may be slightly off topic, so please excuse.

The OT question is, do these fuel stations offer car engine oil change too? I know they do it for two wheelers, but do they do it for cars, if yes then have any of you got it done there?
I got it done at Shell bunk (towards Forum Value Mall on Varthur Road) and they do a pretty decent job. Reason: I know what oil is going in and I know it is the correct one . And yes, I was talking about car's oil change.
ambujlal is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2012, 20:22   #662
BHPian
 
amitwiz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 188
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
The OT question is, do these fuel stations offer car engine oil change too? I know they do it for two wheelers, but do they do it for cars, if yes then have any of you got it done there?
I guess you meant a drain and refill. Im not sure of most, but I know of two bunks which would do this. But then they had garages attached to them, and a mechanic would get the job done in a hurry.
amitwiz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2012, 20:45   #663
BHPian
 
dass's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 927
Thanked: 321 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambujlal View Post
I got it done at Shell bunk (towards Forum Value Mall on Varthur Road) and they do a pretty decent job. Reason: I know what oil is going in and I know it is the correct one . And yes, I was talking about car's oil change.
How much do they charge for the same? is the oil on MRP or they offer any disounts?
dass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2012, 21:01   #664
BHPian
 
dass's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 927
Thanked: 321 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwiz1 View Post
I guess you meant a drain and refill. Im not sure of most, but I know of two bunks which would do this. But then they had garages attached to them, and a mechanic would get the job done in a hurry.
Yup, a drain and refill

I have seen machines in some HP fuel pumps including the one I visit regularly, however never asked them as I thought they are only for two wheelers. Next time i refuel, I will ask them
dass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2012, 10:02   #665
BHPian
 
ambujlal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 233
Thanked: 114 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
How much do they charge for the same? is the oil on MRP or they offer any disounts?
The charge is for the oil you choose. No discounts but yes there is no labor charge either, so you can say that filling is free
ambujlal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2013, 18:21   #666
Senior - BHPian
 
mpksuhas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: KA03/KL11
Posts: 2,498
Thanked: 2,703 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhuli View Post
For people in CV Raman nagar or HAL 3rd stage, there is a HP COCO bunk open from 6am to 10pm at the DRDO entrance opposite Bagmane Lake.
This is an old bunk and was not a COCO before. Have come across instances where the staff tried to cheat few members and some of my friends without resetting the meter (the card, cash deviation technique). May be they made this a COCO for short period like the HP before Manipal hospital while coming from Murgeshpalaya. Guess it was operated as COCO for about a year.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2013, 19:01   #667
BHPian
 
HotChillyPepper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bang_a_lore
Posts: 605
Thanked: 215 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
This is an old bunk and was not a COCO before. Have come across instances where the staff tried to cheat few members and some of my friends without resetting the meter (the card, cash deviation technique). May be they made this a COCO for short period like the HP before Manipal hospital while coming from Murgeshpalaya. Guess it was operated as COCO for about a year.
I had to drain fuel worth 3000 RS after finding hell lot of smoke from my Optra magnum after filling full tank from here. The mechanic shown me the diesel he drained and it was milky white (like while paint mixed with fuel). After that incident I never filled from there, even though it is most convenient for me.

Edit: This happened an year back. I am not sure about current status of this pump.

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 2nd January 2013 at 19:03.
HotChillyPepper is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2013, 22:44   #668
BHPian
 
dhuli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 187
Thanked: 39 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Have come across instances where the staff tried to cheat few members and some of my friends without resetting the meter (the card, cash deviation technique). May be they made this a COCO for short period like the HP before Manipal hospital while coming from Murgeshpalaya. Guess it was operated as COCO for about a year.
Thanks @mpksuhas! Guess forewarned is forearmed! I will keep an eye out the next time I fuel up. This I never knew that COCO could be a temporary gimmicky thing like a temp operation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
The mechanic shown me the diesel he drained and it was milky white (like while paint mixed with fuel).
Holy cow! This is scary? Not only do I have to keep a hawk's eye on the meter, but also check that the stuff going in is indeed what I am paying for! Thanks! OT here - how does one drain fuel from a tank? Is it by siphoning?
dhuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2013, 09:13   #669
BHPian
 
acroback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 314
Thanked: 125 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

I notice that autocut filling from different pumps results in different quantity of fuel during fillup.

Why is this?
acroback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2013, 09:22   #670
Distinguished - BHPian
 
deetjohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kochi
Posts: 3,540
Thanked: 5,410 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroback View Post
I notice that autocut filling from different pumps results in different quantity of fuel during fillup.

Why is this?
If I understood your question correctly, the quantity of fuel dispensed from the pump depends on the quantity of fuel in the tank. And the latter is never a constant. Right?

Last edited by deetjohn : 3rd January 2013 at 09:23. Reason: Typo.
deetjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2013, 09:18   #671
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,669
Thanked: 1,160 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Scene at the BPCL pump across the street from Manipal Hospital. Can't find a place to report this at their (BPCL's) website.
Attached Images
 
binand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2013, 10:21   #672
Senior - BHPian
 
goandude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 1,312
Thanked: 421 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
The OT question is, do these fuel stations offer car engine oil change too? I know they do it for two wheelers, but do they do it for cars, if yes then have any of you got it done there?
My friend gets his swift VDI oil change at Shell bunk near Gopalan signature mall, but I inquired a few days ago. they have stopped this service temporarily.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhuli View Post
For people in CV Raman nagar or HAL 3rd stage, there is a HP COCO bunk open from 6am to 10pm at the DRDO entrance opposite Bagmane Lake. There is a US Pizza on 1st floor. My experience with staff is good - air always available and am assuming COCO fuel is reliable.

Here is a link on google maps.
I use this pump frequently and am satisfied. The air pressure gauge is reliable and there is a machine to suck out engine oil and replace it. Also have nitrogen filling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
This is an old bunk and was not a COCO before. Have come across instances where the staff tried to cheat few members and some of my friends without resetting the meter (the card, cash deviation technique). May be they made this a COCO for short period like the HP before Manipal hospital while coming from Murgeshpalaya. Guess it was operated as COCO for about a year.
Never had this problem here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
I had to drain fuel worth 3000 RS after finding hell lot of smoke from my Optra magnum after filling full tank from here. The mechanic shown me the diesel he drained and it was milky white (like while paint mixed with fuel). After that incident I never filled from there, even though it is most convenient for me.

Edit: This happened an year back. I am not sure about current status of this pump.
I get good mileage from the diesel from this pump and have been using it for over 2 years.
goandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2013, 12:04   #673
Senior - BHPian
 
mpksuhas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: KA03/KL11
Posts: 2,498
Thanked: 2,703 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

New IOC bunk is functional next to Kadubeesanahalli underpass on ORR. Not sure about fuel quality, while coming from Bellandur towards Marthahalli its on left side while coming out of underpass.
GoogleMap Since past few weeks 3 bunks have opened in Bellandur- KR puram stretch of ORR.
mpksuhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2013, 12:21   #674
Senior - BHPian
 
sagarpadaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,545
Thanked: 1,150 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Scene at the BPCL pump across the street from Manipal Hospital. Can't find a place to report this at their (BPCL's) website.


What is wrong in it? I mean i could not find anything amiss with a guy filling up diesel into a can attached to a bike.
sagarpadaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2013, 08:39   #675
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,669
Thanked: 1,160 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post

What is wrong in it? I mean i could not find anything amiss with a guy filling up diesel into a can attached to a bike.
It is an illegal, not to mention dangerous, practice.

Last edited by binand : 28th January 2013 at 08:40.
binand is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trusted/Untrusted Petrol Pumps in Pune adya33 Other Cities 584 27th December 2016 15:35
Trusted Petrol Pumps in Delhi NCR sheetumanu Delhi NCR 268 5th September 2016 10:27
Trusted Petrol Pumps : Ahmedabad cmdalvi Other Cities 9 26th August 2016 12:47
Trusted petrol pumps in Mumbai amitsingh08 Mumbai 237 21st April 2016 18:47
Trusted Fuel Stations / Petrol Pumps : Mysore MCR Other Cities 0 9th July 2010 21:10


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:02.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks