Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2016, 12:37   #1051
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 262
Thanked: 36 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

All,

I find the Indian Oil and BP Pumps near Mylasandra (onway from Begur Road to Electronic City) to be of very good quality.

Also the attendants are nice and gentle in talking and ensure that you see the meter and confirm to start and stop.
Past 1+yr of fuel filling my cars/bikes have been here only.
anup7649 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2016, 12:40   #1052
BHPian
 
sidzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 178
Thanked: 93 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by anup7649 View Post
All,

I find the Indian Oil and BP Pumps near Mylasandra (onway from Begur Road to Electronic City) to be of very good quality.

Also the attendants are nice and gentle in talking and ensure that you see the meter and confirm to start and stop.
Past 1+yr of fuel filling my cars/bikes have been here only.
For the first time ever, I am hearing someone praise an Indian Oil petrol bunk.
sidzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2016, 15:19   #1053
BHPian
 
TorqueyTechie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 436
Thanked: 568 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidzz View Post
For the first time ever, I am hearing someone praise an Indian Oil petrol bunk.
Actually even I am inclined more towards IOC bunk on RV road before Vijaya PU college. The attendants there are polite. Infact I had bad experiences in Shell (once in the bunk located in wilson garden and again in another outlet near big bazaar,old madras road) and have stopped going to Shell altogether.
TorqueyTechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2016, 16:07   #1054
Distinguished - BHPian
 
condor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Speed-brkr City
Posts: 10,152
Thanked: 3,433 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidzz View Post
For the first time ever, I am hearing someone praise an Indian Oil petrol bunk.
If you have checked earlier posts, you can see at least 2 more by me, other than the one @ RV Road.

1. IOC COCO at BTM Layout
2. IOC at Banashankari opp the bus stand.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2016, 16:42   #1055
BHPian
 
sidzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 178
Thanked: 93 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
If you have checked earlier posts, you can see at least 2 more by me, other than the one @ RV Road.

1. IOC COCO at BTM Layout
2. IOC at Banashankari opp the bus stand.
I have always had bad experiences with IOC petrol bunks in Bangalore.

The one near NGV in Koramangala, the one at corporation circle, the one near KR Puram towards Whitefield, the one in HSR layout, the one at Bannerghatta road all have given me bad experiences.

Cheating at the volume to the famous distraction tricks, I have experienced all at IOC bunks.

My friends also share the same experiences.

I now avoid IOC bunks at all costs and always plan refueling not to end up at one.
sidzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2016, 16:51   #1056
Distinguished - BHPian
 
condor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Speed-brkr City
Posts: 10,152
Thanked: 3,433 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

The one near NGV at Koramangala (towards Sony World jn) - that doesnt lookg good
condor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2016, 16:58   #1057
BHPian
 
sidzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 178
Thanked: 93 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
The one near NGV at Koramangala (towards Sony World jn) - that doesnt lookg good
Also the one near NGV Koramangala towards Infant Jesus Church.
I went there to refuell my 2 wheeler. Was cheated point blank.

Instead of starting from 0 the guy started from 50 just after the previous customer and another fellow came to distract me. When I opposed they started arguing. The other people standing in the queue supported me. One guy in the queue was a regular at the bunk and very well knew the tactics of the attendants, he gave them a mouthful.
sidzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2016, 11:25   #1058
BHPian
 
hothatchaway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 481
Thanked: 454 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Infact I had bad experiences in Shell (once in the bunk located in wilson garden and again in another outlet near big bazaar,old madras road) and have stopped going to Shell altogether.
Can you pls provide more details? Am a regular at the Shell Old madras road station, so much so that I plan in a manner so as to do most of my fueling there. Barring the pestering to buy V Power, don't think have ever been cheated, nor have had any untoward incidents. The air filling set up also seem to be accurate besides the fact that they are open 24 hours.
hothatchaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2016, 11:56   #1059
BHPian
 
TorqueyTechie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 436
Thanked: 568 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Can you pls provide more details? Am a regular at the Shell Old madras road station, so much so that I plan in a manner so as to do most of my fueling there. Barring the pestering to buy V Power, don't think have ever been cheated, nor have had any untoward incidents. The air filling set up also seem to be accurate besides the fact that they are open 24 hours.
Hi hothatchaway, to be frank I am not so regular to that area. So this was an year back when I had went to pick up my sister and bro in law from their home. On the way back I had to fill up petrol and went to the said shell bunk. There was another car which was tanking up before me and after it was done, I was asked to move forward. I got down the car and asked them to do a tank full. The meter was still at 700 or 800 (dont remember) when the attendant started filling. I asked him to please stop and set it at zero. Only then did he do it. And then another person came and started pestering me for V power and kept on going even after me categorically saying I do not need it.

Somehow I did not like it and since I had another similar bad incident earlier at shell bunk located near wilson garden I thought of not going to shell anymore. Of course when I am driving outside of Bangalore, I still prefer Shell than any other unless its a COCO outlet. Maybe it was a one off incident or maybe its different now but I have never been to that bunk again.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2016, 23:51   #1060
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 47
Thanked: 44 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

I always fill petrol/diesel from BPCL bunks only. I use the Seshadripuram/Malleswaram/Residency road outlets only. I am not behind efficiency but I would like to have a good quality/unadulterated fuel. I occasionally use Speed 97 for my petrol cars.

Please suggest good petrol pumps in Bangalore. I will make a list and keep them handy.

I like to avoid shell due to my previous experiences with them.

I have a small request to the moderators.

Can we make a latest updated list of trusted petrol pumps in Bangalore?

I honestly think all the information is scattered in all the 170+ pages and it is very time consuming for a first timer to find what he is actually looking for.

Thank you.
psuraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2016, 07:20   #1061
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,876
Thanked: 1,354 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by psuraj View Post
I always fill petrol/diesel from BPCL bunks only. [...]
I like to avoid shell due to my previous experiences with them.

Can we make a latest updated list of trusted petrol pumps in Bangalore?
Well, in your case it is easy, isn't it? If it is BPCL, go in. If it is Shell, don't go in. :-)

Such blanket rules serve no purpose. There are well-run and trusted Shell pumps in Bangalore, and I'm sure horrible BPCL ones too. Otherwise this thread's relevance is questionable, isn't it?

Edit: Any opinions on the IOCL pump on the ramp that connects Kadubeesanahalli junction to the ORR service road northwards? This is the nearest one to my office, and so far I've been avoiding it as it looks a bit run-down from the outside.

Last edited by binand : 2nd March 2016 at 07:22.
binand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2016, 10:26   #1062
Senior - BHPian
 
silversteed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: PGT//BLR//STR
Posts: 1,936
Thanked: 1,324 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Edit: Any opinions on the IOCL pump on the ramp that connects Kadubeesanahalli junction to the ORR service road northwards? This is the nearest one to my office, and so far I've been avoiding it as it looks a bit run-down from the outside.
If it is this IOC bunk, opposite to the Domino's outlet, that you're talking about, then it's decent. I had apprehensions until last night, when a colleague filled petrol in his Wagon-R. Though it looks shabby outside, the dispensers and crew are clean. No distraction tactics. There were cabbies filling up, so the quantities also must be good.
silversteed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2016, 14:14   #1063
BHPian
 
glenmz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 314
Thanked: 217 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
If it is this IOC bunk, opposite to the Domino's outlet, that you're talking about, then it's decent. I had apprehensions until last night, when a colleague filled petrol in his Wagon-R. Though it looks shabby outside, the dispensers and crew are clean. No distraction tactics. There were cabbies filling up, so the quantities also must be good.
This on one the route to PTP?
I always feel short changed with the quantity of fuel they dispense. My friend feels the same as well.
glenmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2016, 16:29   #1064
Senior - BHPian
 
silversteed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: PGT//BLR//STR
Posts: 1,936
Thanked: 1,324 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
This on one the route to PTP?
I always feel short changed with the quantity of fuel they dispense. My friend feels the same as well.
Yes, the same one. I never filled up from there, hence no first-hand experience. I see many cabbies filling up from there, hence assumed the quantities would be good
silversteed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2016, 17:13   #1065
BHPian
 
Rotorhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 925
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

I stay at koramangala and I travel to office from sony world to whitefield via the old airport road and then towards graphite india signal. Please suggest which petrol bunks are good and which ones are bad around koramangala and enroute to whitefield. I usually tank up at the bunk just after the wind tunnel road signal on the way back from office.

Offlate my rapid diesel has a lot of engine vibration and has become very noisy. I suspect the fuel could be the problem here.
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trusted Petrol Pumps in Delhi NCR sheetumanu Delhi NCR 275 22nd May 2017 19:44
Trusted petrol pumps in Mumbai amitsingh08 Mumbai 244 5th May 2017 18:01
Trusted/Untrusted Petrol Pumps in Pune adya33 Other Cities 589 14th February 2017 19:43
Trusted Petrol Pumps : Ahmedabad cmdalvi Other Cities 9 26th August 2016 12:47
Trusted Fuel Stations / Petrol Pumps : Mysore MCR Other Cities 0 9th July 2010 21:10


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:51.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks