Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Old 12th March 2012, 15:52   #241
BHPian

Default Re: Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)

Hi,
I was looking for replacement tires for my Bullet and 3.50x19 was not available in many places. I sent a PM to Nikhil and he arranged for it in a jiffy.
I went to Madhus on Friday evening, got my Fiesta wheels balanced, rotated and aligned and also got the Bullet tires. The team at all three bays (balancing, alignment & billing) did a fantastic job.

Thanks a lot Nikhil for your support.
PearlYamaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2012, 12:19   #242
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)

A quick feedback :-

I recently did the balancing, rotation and alignment done @ Madhus for my car.
While coming back i could feel that something was not right.
Stopped a fuel station and checked the air pressure and found that after rotating the wheel they didnt adjust the tyre pressure .
Not sure if it was one off case, but just wanted to bring this to your notice Nikhil .
Hope it helps.

Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2012, 18:45   #243
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post

============
Not sure if it was one off case, but just wanted to bring this to your notice Nikhil .
Hope it helps.

Cheers
I don't think they check air pressure if you go for rotation and balancing. I always insist this on my own. Sequence i follow is, rotate > set pressure > align.

Dont know if a diff air pressure or doing alignment before rotation makes a difference to alignment setting, but a mental block for me. So i just follow this

Had taken Gypsy for aligment 2 weeks back, it was too crowded and chaotic but thankfully the boys recognized me and got stuff done fast. I wanted to remove the tyres from the rim and clean the lips, since i suspect slow leak. But decided against seeing the chaos at the tyre fixing side of the shop

Weekdays are the best but for salaried people like me sneaking out is not a very practical option.
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2012, 19:06   #244
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post

While coming back i could feel that something was not right.
Stopped a fuel station and checked the air pressure and found that after rotating the wheel they didnt adjust the tyre pressure .
Hope it helps.

Cheers
Thanks for your feedback! It clearly is a case where we seem to have screwed up. Was the pressure too low?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I don't think they check air pressure if you go for rotation and balancing. I always insist this on my own. Sequence i follow is, rotate > set pressure > align.

Dont know if a diff air pressure or doing alignment before rotation makes a difference to alignment setting, but a mental block for me. So i just follow this

Had taken Gypsy for aligment 2 weeks back, it was too crowded and chaotic but thankfully the boys recognized me and got stuff done fast. I wanted to remove the tyres from the rim and clean the lips, since i suspect slow leak. But decided against seeing the chaos at the tyre fixing side of the shop

Weekdays are the best but for salaried people like me sneaking out is not a very practical option.
I suggest early Saturday mornings or Saturday evenings. Usually quite relaxed. Saturday gets crazy (yay!) because it's the weekend.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2012, 19:15   #245
BHPian

Hi Nikhil,

Need your advice please !

I have 4 steel original rims that came with the new Honda city which were changed over to alloys. The rims are in great condition with no bends whatsoever, also i have the original wheel nuts that were changed- 4 rims + 16 nuts.

Please advice, with your experience, what is the best rate that I can get for disposing these steel rims along with the nuts ? Would you suggest any place/person where these can be sold off (gujri etc)

nirmaljusdoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2012, 23:03   #246
Distinguished - BHPian

I dont know anyone who will buy it in a way where it's worth your effort.

The best thing is to put it up for sale in various classifieds and notify your friends and relatives that you have steel rims in good condition. These rims are 15" or 14"?

The problem with selling to a gujri or whatever is you dont get a good value. If you sell to an end user, you get a far better rate!
Old 4th April 2012, 12:03   #247
BHPian

Thanks Nikhil, will put it up on the classifieds and try my luck !

Btw, the rims are 15", what will be the approximate price range for them ?Any info would be appreciated, say around R 1000 each rim ?
nirmaljusdoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2012, 16:22   #248
BHPian

I'm looking for 14" OEM/Original Alloy wheels (4 or 5 nos) which came in Ford Fiesta/Figo/Indigo/Indica Vista/Turbo

Wheel Specification : 14" x 6.0"
P.C.D. : 108
No. of Holes : 4
Cars which support above spec : IKON NXT, FIESTA, INDIGO / MARINA, INDICA VISTA, INDICA TURBO

If you have a set in good condition, please PM me your quotes.
Digital Vampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2012, 17:18   #249
BHPian

Hi Nikhil !! I shall be visiting this weekend for a routine rotation/alignment/balancing. Meanwhile, would request your advice on the below.

My 2009 December Hyundai Verna has done about 39k on the stock alloys and tyres. Now I am planning to go for a wheel and tyre change. Can you enlighten me if I can get a good price for the alloys? If yes, what would it be approximately for the set of 5? Thanks in advance.
Added_flavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2012, 21:23   #250
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
Thanks Nikhil, will put it up on the classifieds and try my luck !

Btw, the rims are 15", what will be the approximate price range for them ?Any info would be appreciated, say around R 1000 each rim ?
Depends. Someone who needs those rims may pay 1000/- per rim. To be honest a more realistic price would be 400-500 per rim. Are your rims used? If so for how many years/kms? Please PM me. Let's not go OT on this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
I'm looking for 14" OEM/Original Alloy wheels (4 or 5 nos) which came in Ford Fiesta/Figo/Indigo/Indica Vista/Turbo

Wheel Specification : 14" x 6.0"
P.C.D. : 108
No. of Holes : 4
Cars which support above spec : IKON NXT, FIESTA, INDIGO / MARINA, INDICA VISTA, INDICA TURBO

If you have a set in good condition, please PM me your quotes.
Better you buy it from an authorised Tata/Ford showroom. A member recently bought some rims from an A.S.S for about 800/- or 900/- per rim. You get brand new rims for that price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
Hi Nikhil !! I shall be visiting this weekend for a routine rotation/alignment/balancing. Meanwhile, would request your advice on the below.

My 2009 December Hyundai Verna has done about 39k on the stock alloys and tyres. Now I am planning to go for a wheel and tyre change. Can you enlighten me if I can get a good price for the alloys? If yes, what would it be approximately for the set of 5? Thanks in advance.
Used alloys have a very bad market. I suggest you put it up on the classifieds and try finding a buyer on your own. Much better value that way.

BTW, OEM alloys are of pretty good quality. I know they look mediocre but it's a price you pay for quality. If you get aftermarket alloys, you may have to go in for allen key bolts(though there are more expensive and better options: Check Sankar's thread on special bolts). These allen key bolts cause more issues. Rusting and corrosion.

Stick to OEM rims is my suggestion!
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2012, 22:55   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post

Better you buy it from an authorised Tata/Ford showroom. A member recently bought some rims from an A.S.S for about 800/- or 900/- per rim. You get brand new rims for that price.

Are you really sure it was Alloy Rims and not Iron Rims?
I was looking for OE Alloy Rims!
Digital Vampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2012, 23:08   #252
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post

Are you really sure it was Alloy Rims and not Iron Rims?
I was looking for OE Alloy Rims!

Sorry! Those are steel rims. Didnt read your post properly!
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2012, 10:44   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post

Used alloys have a very bad market. I suggest you put it up on the classifieds and try finding a buyer on your own. Much better value that way.

BTW, OEM alloys are of pretty good quality. I know they look mediocre but it's a price you pay for quality. If you get aftermarket alloys, you may have to go in for allen key bolts(though there are more expensive and better options: Check Sankar's thread on special bolts). These allen key bolts cause more issues. Rusting and corrosion.

Stick to OEM rims is my suggestion!
Thanks Nikhil! The onus is on getting rid of the bumpy ride for the rear passenger in my Verna. Aesthetics comes second to me! Will a tyre upgrade serve the purpose?
Added_flavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2012, 16:44   #254
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
Thanks Nikhil! The onus is on getting rid of the bumpy ride for the rear passenger in my Verna. Aesthetics comes second to me! Will a tyre upgrade serve the purpose?
Yes, but an alloy wheel upgrade wont make any sense. To be honest, if you have the top end Verna, I think it comes with 185/65-14 and you cant upsize too much from that. 195/65-14 is an option but otherwise, you have no other options.
Old 7th April 2012, 15:19   #255
BHPian

Hey Nikhil,

Have 3 questions for you!

1. It's been about 5K Kms since the last time I got my wheels aligned @ your outlet. I have plans for a long 1200 Km round trip (BLR-BELGAM-BLR) during the coming weekend. When should I get the wheels aligned? before or after the trip?

2. Also, I have a relatively new pair of Yoko A-drives for the front 2 wheels. I got them installed @ your place couple of years back (ODO @ 27K). Since they are new, I have been advised in all my subsequent visits to keep them that way. The 2 rear wheels are stock tyres (Goodyear) and are in decent condition. I have an unused spare tyre (Goodyear). Any suggestions for wheel rotation?

3. Lastly, I've heard elsewhere that along with wheel rotation, it is necessary to swap the wheel inside out (So that outer tread goes in and vice versa). All my tyres have symmetric tread pattern, so this should be possible technically. But what is your take on this? Is this required?

My office is @ Richmond Circle, I generally drive down on weekdays during the afternoon for wheel alignment. Will you be around? When is the best time to catch you?

Regards,
Abhi
naut is offline   Reply With Quote