Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Old 9th July 2017, 10:01   #91
BHPian

Default Re: Leather Upholstery/Steering Grips: Devraj (JC Road, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
got this made from Devraj and shipped it to me. Loved the fit and finish.
Looks pretty cool

But it is Mr. Nagaraj who has got this done, not Devraj. Unfortunately, after his accident last year, Devraj has been confined to his home and can only walk around within the house. He has never come out for over a year now and doctors insist on complete rest for him. When Nagaraj told me this, it was a rude shock to me. Devraj was such a dedicated person and a perfectionist when it comes to work. Life at times can be very unforgiving.

A month ago even I got the gear lever boot done from Nagaraj and that's when I got to know the news about Devraj.
vnidta is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2017, 12:25   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnidta View Post
Looks pretty cool

But it is Mr. Nagaraj who has got this done, not Devraj. Unfortunately, after his accident last year, Devraj has been confined to his home and can only walk around within the house. He has never come out for over a year now and doctors insist on complete rest for him. When Nagaraj told me this, it was a rude shock to me. Devraj was such a dedicated person and a perfectionist when it comes to work. Life at times can be very unforgiving.

A month ago even I got the gear lever boot done from Nagaraj and that's when I got to know the news about Devraj.
That's sad. I was aware of his mishap, but didn't know it was so bad. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is online now   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2017, 10:22   #93
BHPian

Hey everyone.

Could someone tell me the exact location of the shop?

I searched the entire 3rd cross of A.M. road (near A.K. traders) as I have read in a earlier posts, and I am unable to find the place.

Thanks in advance
themonster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2017, 10:37   #94
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by themonster View Post
Hey everyone.

I searched the entire 3rd cross of A.M. road (near A.K. traders) as I have read in a earlier posts, and I am unable to find the place.

Thanks in advance
You can't find the shop as the place is literally his house on the rooftop of all the shops. You need to call him and he will come down and take you upstairs.

Parking is in the BDA complex.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2017, 15:52   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by themonster View Post
Like @Vid6639 said, go to the area and call him. He will come to where you are.

If you park in BDA parking slot, then it is additional 100 bucks that the parking guys will charge you. ( no receipt).
condor is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2017, 01:10   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Like @Vid6639 said, go to the area and call him. He will come to where you are.

If you park in BDA parking slot, then it is additional 100 bucks that the parking guys will charge you. ( no receipt).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
You can't find the shop as the place is literally his house on the rooftop of all the shops. You need to call him and he will come down and take you upstairs.

Parking is in the BDA complex.
Thank you, Moderator Vid6639 and DBHPian Condor for your quick replies on Sunday.
I was actually in JC road searching for the shop until I read both of your posts. Since It was a Sunday, I was able to park in AM Road itself, as the traffic was less.

I am sorry that I couldn't post earlier as I was caught up with work.

I have nothing new to post, as all the BHPians have said since the past 7 years, his work is definitely the best and value for money.

My Honda City (which already has a leather steering wheel and leather gear knob) was showing its age. I had gotten the new leather wrapped around the OEM leather. I opted for Black leather with blue stitching to match with the interior lights.

Cost: Rs. 1400/-
Time taken: around 1.5 hours

Overall, the quality of leather and the workmanship speaks for itself.
Nagaraj is very polite and courteous and he does his work quickly but with precision.
What really impressed me was, when he was cutting the leather from the templates, he rechecks the leather for the quality. If the leather is not up to the mark, he will re-cut a piece of leather for that area throwing away the leather which wasn't up to the mark.

As earlier posts have mentioned, Devraj is still recovering from his injuries. I wish him a speedy recovery.

Attaching pictures of the work done. Please excuse the quality of the images as it is taken from a phone camera. Also, excuse the condition of the interior, it is in a bad shape and step by step I am fixing it up.

Note: The gear knob images have been cropped and the steering wheel images have been resized.

Leather Upholstery/Steering Grips: Devraj (JC Road, Bangalore)-img_20170717_104151.jpg

Leather Upholstery/Steering Grips: Devraj (JC Road, Bangalore)-img_20170717_104209.jpg

Leather Upholstery/Steering Grips: Devraj (JC Road, Bangalore)-img_20170717_104143.jpg

The only one area where I can nit pick.
Leather Upholstery/Steering Grips: Devraj (JC Road, Bangalore)-img_20170717_104317.jpg

If anyone wants to know what has happened to the steering mounted controls, DBHPian Crazy Driver has a thread for that here (Honda City (4th gen) niggles: A compilation. Are Honda cars niggle-free anymore?). The left-hand side audio controls is because of me, as the next track button is the most frequently used button. The right-hand side cruise control cancel button is due to my last workshop visit (wherein my car was given for accident repair). I am not sure why someone will scratch out the cancel button. I couldn't raise an alarm at that time cause It wasn't me who collected the car (I had sent a close friend to collect it. I had fractured my leg. Later when I saw my car it had been more than 2 months.)
themonster is online now   Reply With Quote