Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Old 18th February 2014, 23:18   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Automotive Workshop : Sejal Motors (Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroback View Post
Another ques, can I claim insurance for a body damage at Sejal? I hope insurance guys honor repair estimates at such workshops?
You can. But you are not likely to get a cashless facility. You will need to pay the centre first, and then claim for refund. Sejal should help you with the paperwork.
condor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2014, 16:48   #62
Senior - BHPian

How is the body work at Sejal? My car has accumulated a few dents over the last few years.

I stay close to this place, so this place seems attractive.
PatienceWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2014, 13:33   #63
BHPian

I got some body work done at Sejal today because of fair damage to a door caused by close attention from a truck. Work was very good . On par with what I can expect from the Hyundai service centre. Time taken was also about the same ( 48 hrs) and the costs significantly lower.

I endorse the recommendation of the place .
Secretariat is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2014, 14:13   #64
BHPian

What can I say?! I have had mixed experience with Sejal motors..

I bought a used Ford Ikon 1.6 ZXI NXT (2003 model) in 2012.
From that time onwards I am regularly servicing my car at this place.

As someone rightly pointed out, this place is recommended for only minor/regular service.They are under equipped for complex issues.

1st Service- Regular service like engine oil/oil filter change/engine tune up/etc done and bill was around ~5K.
2nd Service- Regular service like engine oil/oil filter change/engine tune up/etc done along with brake pad replacement and bill was around ~9K.
3rd Service- Regular service like engine oil/oil filter change/engine tune up/etc done along with interior shampooing and bill was around ~7K.

Other than the regular service I have changed water pump once at the cost of ~2.5K for engine overheating issue. Even though later it was identified the issue was with coolant tank cap
Rear shocks packed once and changed at the cost of ~6K including labour.
AC pipe got damaged by a big stone and got it replaced at the cost of 4.8K which includes low pressure A/C pipe/Gas charging/Labour.

Issues so far they are not able to fix/identify..

1. Engine overheating/High speed fan always running
Related post - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3419161 (Ikon Engine Overheating and Damage)

2. High RPM while clutch is pressed
Related post - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3419171 (RPM shoots up when clutch depressed)

3. Steering wheel noise
Related post - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3418034 (Problem in steering rack-assembly)

4. Petrol smell inside cabin
Related post - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3419165 (Petrol smell in the car)

5. Tyre noise
Related post - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post3418087 (Yokohama A-Drive Reviews)

6. Dashboard rattle - 2 times dashboard opened and packed with some material, but still rattle is there.

On the postive side Suresh is very friendly and nice person Listens to your issues very patiently.
sbalagru6 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2014, 12:19   #65
Senior - BHPian

I forgot to update this thread, Few months back I had taken my ride for an oil change small service and general Body work touch up work.

Observations -
Suresh is very helpful.
Top Priority given as I wanted the car back the same day. I waited the whole day for them to complete the job.
I had to go in after 2 days for the polishing work.
After the oil/lube change the body work started, 1 door and front bumper, rear bumper were partially repainted thanks to Bangalore traffic.

Overall I am very happy with the color match and paint quality.
Captain Slow is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2017, 18:57   #66
BHPian

Did engine over haul/rebuild of my Baleno (2004) at Sejal during the last month.

Detailed report here:-
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post4320194 (When is it time to overhaul the engine ?)

Had a nice experience with Mr. Suresh during the long tenure of this re-build job. His mechanic Dinesh is the person who worked on it and I guess he is most skilled staff he has, since he has been put on this job. It was a great effort by him in sourcing the parts and getting to the root causes. It was supposed to be an expensive repair, but Suresh was very understanding and provided all the support to work it out cheaper as much as possible due to this unfortunate situation that I ended up and on a car which does not have any re-sale value.

So far no issues, and has infact has given a fresh life to the engine.
balenoed_ is offline   Reply With Quote