Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Old 25th October 2017, 10:05   #226
BHPian

Default Re: Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)

Impressed!! Sad they dont have a branch here in Chennai.

Are there any detailerz in Chennai who can bring in this satisfaction apart from 3M which costs a bomb for just a basic detailing inside out?
dre@ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2017, 13:48   #227
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibin View Post
Can someone help me with their contact and location? Do they offer doorstep service?
This is a good place where I've been few times & they offer a great service. This is near Kaggadaspura near RMZ Millennia.
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2017, 14:42   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Impressed!! Sad they dont have a branch here in Chennai.

Are there any detailerz in Chennai who can bring in this satisfaction apart from 3M which costs a bomb for just a basic detailing inside out?

OT

Please check this out - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chenna...n-chennai.html (Interior & Exterior Detailing - Drive Clean (Chennai))

Personally have used the service - extremely nicce gentleman to deal with and very very knowledgeable.
sai_ace is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2017, 01:00   #229
Senior - BHPian

Finally got around to putting down my review of Ultimate Detailerz and Mohsin (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4286329 (Skoda Superb : Official Review)).

Overview
For my new Superb, I decided to get ceramic coating done, and browsing team-bhp recommended detailers, zeroed in on UD after calling Mohsin, and getting by email a detailed list of packages I can avail.

Mohsin and his crew are both passionate and professional. He accomodated a slot on Saturday for my car's detailing, and I reached in the morning with helpful last 'mile' guidance.

After discussing the various packages, and possibilities, I zeroed in on the Ultimate Package with 3 year Warranty and using CQuartz-Finest Reserve ceramic coat - please see the attached picture.

Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-cquartz.png
I stressed to him that I want a highest quality job with whatever time it takes, and got the feeling that he wants to do a thorough, high quality job and does not try "hardsell by discounts" approach, which is common.

This was borne out when after the wash, my new car was found to have a good amount of swirl marks on many body panels (white colour makes it hard to notice unless under white LED torch) and even on tail lamp plastic. Seems Vinayak Skoda car wash guys doing chemical (no water) wash, had messed up big time, as I hadn't washed car after delivery
[Sidenote]
When I reported to Vinayak Cars, they were apologetic, and offered to get my car detailed on their cost (but I had already got it detailed by UD when I reported to them), and promised to improve their wash process. In the end, they bore half the cost of putting Paint Protection film on the bumpers & side mirrors etc which I was going to do, and got it done through their 3M dealer. Overall, I was happy that they listened to a customer and strove to find a solution to make up for their lapses Hope they really do improve the training and process of car wash!
[/Sidenote]

Swirl Removal
Mohsin and his trained guys immediately got down to work to remove the swirl marks and prepare the car to pristine form which took some hours, but they stuck to it (getting swirls off VW/Skoda/German car paints is a tough and painstaking job as the paint is very hard). They took care to see that no surface is left with blemishes before starting the process for ceramic coating.

Detailing Process
Paint, plastic, glass, interior plastic trims, leather seats - everything was cleaned, and coated with the appropriate protection material. Of course, my car interior was more or less spic and span, having hardly seen any use, but they were thorough with their approach!

Applying Ceramic Coat
For the ceramic coat on paint, 2 coats of CQ-Finest Reserve were applied with some period in between, to allow some degree of settling. Mohsin explained that any ceramic coat is designed to be hydrophobic, and to resist dirt and stains, so it does not help to try and pile on layers and make claims of 'n' layers of coat - as the coat won't apply and stick over many layers. Bit like PPF won't stick over another PPF layer!
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-dsc_0530.jpg
Baking in the Ceramic Coat
Post the application of CQ-Finest Reserve coats, each metal panel has to be baked using IR lamps at 60 degC for 10 mins at a distance of 60cm (IIRC). This allows in proper settling of the ceramic coat. It is still advisable not to wash the car/get it wet in rain for 24+ hours post all application. For a large car like Superb, it meant ~220 mins of heating as panels like bonnet, door, fenders etc required 2 iterations to cover the surface. This does not include the time to move the heating lamps and set it up etc. Due to the hours spent removing swirls, his guys worked till 9PM in the evening, and a couple of doors needed final finishing in the morning He had anyways offered me to leave my car overnight at his workshop safe from rain and moisture to help settle the coat in.
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-dsc_0539.jpg
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-dsc_0542.jpg
I was also given instructions on do's and don'ts when washing the car - to use pH neutral soaps/shampoos, wipe very gently with high grade microfiber towel, wash mitt etc. Bought some products for cleaning the car including water wipe towel, large microfiber towels, wash mitt, Car Pro cleaning solution etc. The main detailing technician also warned me on not wiping a dirty car, and not to put and remove car cover frequently as regular car covers will cause scratch on the A/B/C pillars and the roof edge.

Rating: 9/10
A picture is worth a thousand words...
Attachment 1700588
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-p1140365.jpg
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-p1140381.jpg
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-p1140393.jpg
Exterior and Interior Detailing for Cars and Bikes : Ultimate Detailerz (Bangalore)-p1140355.jpg
What can be better:
Not much frankly, but keeping up the high standard consistently and following the right process with proper trained workforce is a continuous effort, hope UD is upholding that. Also, if I have to nitpick ...

1. Approach to the workshop is over sand/earth track for last 30-50 meters, would be great to have it paved (Mohsin told me he plans to do this once a construction next door is done)

2. Mohsin is very knowledgable and committed, and gives "no nonsense", correct advice. At times though, he could be a bit terse in his replies, maybe customers ask him the same newbie queries - but this aspect could be a notch better!

3. Packages are not exactly cheap, but then having looked at what all was involved for doing up my car for the Ultimate Package, that kind of quality and attention to detail should deserve some premium!

Conclusion
My experience as of date, has been very positive. I shall update about the follow-up services, and overall how the detailing and the ceramic coat holds up in due course.

Last edited by lancer_rit : 29th November 2017 at 01:25.
lancer_rit is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2018, 22:40   #230
BHPian

Guys, Needed a small input.
What is the actual difference between Ultimate Detailerz and Ceramic Pro ?
What accordingly is better ?
Planning to get the ceramic coating done for friend's Kodiaq.
SuhasManjunath is offline   Reply With Quote