Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Beyond Borders

Old 6th August 2010, 15:11   #1

Default MGTC in South Africa

Hi
The MG TC below came into South Africa from Zimbabwe. I acquired the car totally dismantled with most parts missing. I received the complete body panels with Chassis and suspension and differential. I swopped a fully restored 1960 MGA 1600 MK2 Coupe for this TC. I spent 6 years restoring the car and now own the car for a total of 16 years. My car number id TC 7974. Still missing some original parts. I love to hear from MG enthusists regarding MG's in India. You can also view my car when you are in South Africa.

Rajesh Thulsie
Attached Thumbnails
MGTC in South Africa-dscf0710.jpg  

thulsirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2010, 11:17   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Stunning looking MG! Congrats. Would you please share work-in-progress pictures (i.e. of the restoration)? Comparing before & after pics is something else.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2010, 00:09   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thulsirs View Post
Hi
The MG TC below came into South Africa from Zimbabwe. I acquired the car totally dismantled with most parts missing. I received the complete body panels with Chassis and suspension and differential. I swopped a fully restored 1960 MGA 1600 MK2 Coupe for this TC. I spent 6 years restoring the car and now own the car for a total of 16 years. My car number id TC 7974. Still missing some original parts. I love to hear from MG enthusists regarding MG's in India. You can also view my car when you are in South Africa.

Rajesh Thulsie
Great to see that car . Do posts some more detailed pics of the car. We have a dedicated thread of MG cars in india. - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...ars-india.html (Pics: MG cars in India)

There was one that was restored in our 3 years ago you can see some during and post restoration pics of the car here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...-sircar-4.html (Calcutta-Restorer/Collectors-Bumpu Sircar) Post No. 54

Hope to see some more pics soon
IndrojitSircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2010, 18:17   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thulsirs View Post
Hi
The MG TC below came into South Africa from Zimbabwe. I acquired the car totally dismantled with most parts missing. I received the complete body panels with Chassis and suspension and differential. I swopped a fully restored 1960 MGA 1600 MK2 Coupe for this TC. I spent 6 years restoring the car and now own the car for a total of 16 years. My car number id TC 7974. Still missing some original parts. I love to hear from MG enthusists regarding MG's in India. You can also view my car when you are in South Africa. Rajesh Thulsie
Hi! Waiting for some more pics, front view a must. Maybe some more pics taken during the restoration.
This seems to be a restoration focused on authenticity, lacking a number of accessories. No bonnet strap, no second stepney, no extra meters, no Gucci steering wheel, just a plain simple MG. And that is refreshing!!

Cheers harit
harit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2010, 10:19   #5
Senior - BHPian

Didn't know Gucci supplied steering wheels for the TC .....always though they only made that Moto Gucci bike
wasif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2010, 10:43   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Didn't know Gucci supplied steering wheels for the TC .....always though they only made that Moto Gucci bike
I thought that "BROOKLAND KIT" was too mundane.

BTW, did you notice that we never heard from the South African MG again

Cheers harit

Last edited by harit : 20th August 2010 at 11:02.
harit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2011, 15:01   #7

Default Re: MGTC in South Africa

Hi
Work is keeping me busy. I do not have photos of the restoration as this was lost when i moved house. I will try to upload more detailed photos. Perhaps somebody can assit: I am led to believe that there is a Dunlop factory in India that manufactures wheels for my MGTC. Size 19 inch with 48 spokes and centre laced. Please mail me any info that is available as i need to renew my wheels.
Old 30th March 2011, 15:18   #8

Hello all
Attached are additional pics of my MGTC.
Attached Thumbnails
MGTC in South Africa-01112009015.jpg  

MGTC in South Africa-02112009003.jpg  

MGTC in South Africa-01112009014.jpg  

MGTC in South Africa-01112009012.jpg  

MGTC in South Africa-dscf0213.jpg  

Old 30th March 2011, 16:41   #9
Senior - BHPian

Your car looks superb and the rims look fine too.

I think the engine color should have been red not green but otherwise its a superb restoration.
wasif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2011, 23:03   #10
BHPian

Excellent !!!! The Car is absolutely B. E. A. utifull.. Looking forward to hearing more about your experience restoriing it. The Moments enjoyed as well as problems faced.
Shreeram is offline   Reply With Quote