Go Back   Team-BHP > Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car

Old 19th November 2016, 23:34   #121

Hi Bhpians, I know this is not a used car price check thread but my questions is not entirely for a used car, so here it goes. A few days ago I came across a Mar 2014 manufactured AUG 2014 registered VW Jetta HL Tdi DSG, which has done 34 K on Odo, at one used car dealer in Andheri, Mumbai. Took it out for a TD and haven't been able to sleep properly since. The car was in fabulous condition and the sheer pleasure of DSG + paddle shifts + multilink suspension at rear + crisp handling blew me away totally. The dealer is asking 15.25 L for the car because it has most of the features similar to the outgoing Jetta. I feel 14 L is a fairly decent price and may be can stretch upto 14.5 L. Now, I have been meaning to upgrade from my i20 for almost a year honestly and have been test driving every new logical upgrade car launched in last 8-10 months. Inquisitively enough, I had enquired about the new rapid with a Skoda dealer and Rapid Style TDI DSG is costing 15.65 L on road Mumbai. Yesterday the dealer called me to check if I would be interested in a stock clearence sale for a 2015 Octavia Ambition TDI, the base model that is, for a huge 2.20 L discount, which effectively makes it 19.5 L on road. He is also offering me 2.75 L for my i20, which is by far the highest offered by any dealer. That is bringing my purchase value even down to a in my dreams only figure. Now Rapid is out and the I am considering used Jetta Vs old but unused Octavia. For me manual was always a first choice but DSG has spoilt me a bit and made me rethink (paddle shifters..aah). So is the Octavia a better bet or I should save a few lacs and stick to the Jetta. Phew.. sorry for the never ending post but your valuable inputs will be much appreciated. Thank you!
T-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote