Go Back   Team-BHP > Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2009, 10:50   #196
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 594
Thanked: 28 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
a small Q 1 of my vehicles insurance has expired since 3 months (i know its illegal and all to not have insurance im going to renew it ASAP) will my NCB be affected? no claims since almost 5 years.
NCB will not be effected. Better to approach your old insurance company or even new one ASAP so that your car is covered. They will inspect the car now
aka_iitd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2009, 13:10   #197
Senior - BHPian
 
vinaydas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 1,354
Thanked: 81 Times
Default

another Q this is a hypothetical question.. im guessing my ncb is around 50%
..so if i transfer this while buying say a Rolls Royce do i get 50% rebate on the premium of the RR or 50% of my old car ?
vinaydas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2009, 15:27   #198
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: delhi
Posts: 53
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
@dieselfan you are right.
@ntranced you need to cancel the old policy first... (Approach your old insurance company for this)
Well went to icici lombard office today with my insurance papers to get it cancelled. They said they can only cancel the insurance once i give them the proof that it has been insured by the buyer(either third party or comprehensive). Also they wanted a copy of form 29 and 30 and a delivery note or sale note.

WHAT TO DO NOW as i sold it to a dealer and dont know who the actual owner is n weather he has insured it or not.
ntranced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2009, 15:44   #199
Senior - BHPian
 
rjvora_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai/Mulund
Posts: 1,655
Thanked: 37 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
NCB will not be effected. Better to approach your old insurance company or even new one ASAP so that your car is covered. They will inspect the car now
I think there is a limit of 3 month's only please do it fast, other wise you will loos all the benefit of your NCB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
another Q this is a hypothetical question.. im guessing my ncb is around 50%
..so if i transfer this while buying say a Rolls Royce do i get 50% rebate on the premium of the RR or 50% of my old car ?
Yes you are 100% right on this one. One of my friend who had many car's (Approx 9) with him. When he bought Merc. he had one M800 with him which had 65% NCB which he got it transferred in his wife's name and paid full premium on that and 65% he saved it on brand new Merc.
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2009, 18:02   #200
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sahil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,036
Thanked: 1,651 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
he had one M800 with him which had 65% NCB which he got it transferred in his wife's name and paid full premium on that and 65% he saved it on brand new Merc.
My insurance agent informed me that the NCB is not transferable to a different name policy. It can be transferred to another car only if the new car is under registered under the same name.

I have a 65% NCB on my company name, can I get this transferred to my personal name as a owner/director of the company?
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2009, 16:12   #201
Senior - BHPian
 
rjvora_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai/Mulund
Posts: 1,655
Thanked: 37 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
My insurance agent informed me that the NCB is not transferable to a different name policy. It can be transferred to another car only if the new car is under registered under the same name.

I have a 65% NCB on my company name, can I get this transferred to my personal name as a owner/director of the company?
Sorry sir I don't think so. you wont be able to get the NCB.
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2009, 16:20   #202
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 594
Thanked: 28 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
My insurance agent informed me that the NCB is not transferable to a different name policy. It can be transferred to another car only if the new car is under registered under the same name.

I have a 65% NCB on my company name, can I get this transferred to my personal name as a owner/director of the company?
Please check car may be in owner name but Insurance would be in your name or that is also in company name. Let me check this as I also own car registered in company name.
aka_iitd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2009, 16:33   #203
Senior - BHPian
 
rjvora_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai/Mulund
Posts: 1,655
Thanked: 37 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
car may be in owner name but Insurance would be in your name
None of your insurance claim's would be paid if that is the case.

Car has to be insured in the same name which is there in RC book. You can not have two different name's, one for policy and other for car.
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2009, 18:41   #204
BHPian
 
bj96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 766
Thanked: 117 Times
Default Pro-rata refund of canceled policy

Since, I am buying a new Safari I applied for 50% NCB certificate on my Old Wagon-R. I canceled the comprehensive insurance policy on it and got a new 3rd party policy for the same.

National Insurance (Maruti Insurance) sent me the NCB certificate within a week, however, they still have not sent me the pro-rated refund check. More than 6 months of cover was still available on the old policy. Hence, I am expecting about 50% of premium paid as refund.

Can anyone tell me how to get the refund or what is the usual timeframe of processing the refund by NATMAR (National -Maruti) policy? Unfortunately they are located in Delhi and my local Maruti dealer is not helping much in processing the refund.

tia,
-BJ
bj96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2009, 09:31   #205
Senior - BHPian
 
rjvora_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai/Mulund
Posts: 1,655
Thanked: 37 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Since, I am buying a new Safari I applied for 50% NCB certificate on my Old Wagon-R. I canceled the comprehensive insurance policy on it and got a new 3rd party policy for the same.

National Insurance (Maruti Insurance) sent me the NCB certificate within a week, however, they still have not sent me the pro-rated refund check. More than 6 months of cover was still available on the old policy. Hence, I am expecting about 50% of premium paid as refund.

Can anyone tell me how to get the refund or what is the usual timeframe of processing the refund by NATMAR (National -Maruti) policy? Unfortunately they are located in Delhi and my local Maruti dealer is not helping much in processing the refund.

tia,
-BJ
Mail your refund problem to this e-mail id they will surly reply.
OnlineMI@maruti.co.in
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2009, 17:12   #206
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sahil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,036
Thanked: 1,651 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Sorry sir I don't think so. you wont be able to get the NCB.
In that case how did your friend manage to transfer the policy of 65% to his wifes name?
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2009, 17:43   #207
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: pune
Posts: 2,088
Thanked: 48 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Next year Ncb goes to 0%.
Thanks!

It's that bad since you end up forfeiting all the accumulated NCB. Logically, I think, it should have dropped to the previous slab given the good record till then.
RX135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2009, 17:51   #208
Senior - BHPian
 
rjvora_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai/Mulund
Posts: 1,655
Thanked: 37 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
In that case how did your friend manage to transfer the policy of 65% to his wifes name?
Sirji he paid full premium for Maruti and saved on merc.

He sold the car to wife she went for new policy. My friend got the 65% Ncb certificate then he bought the Merc.
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2009, 12:36   #209
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 4
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

I have a pretty basic doubt...

If I have made no claims for one year, and I get 20% discount on premium as NCB, and I make use of it.

So, next year will I get 25% again, or will I have to start again?

I have read over this forum that NCB is accumulated. What is not clear to me is, is it accumulated by not using it every year, or just by not making claims, and using it every year...

Thanks,
Deepak
d4dpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2009, 10:12   #210
Senior - BHPian
 
rjvora_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai/Mulund
Posts: 1,655
Thanked: 37 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4dpak View Post
I have a pretty basic doubt...

If I have made no claims for one year, and I get 20% discount on premium as NCB, and I make use of it.

So, next year will I get 25% again, or will I have to start again?

I have read over this forum that NCB is accumulated. What is not clear to me is, is it accumulated by not using it every year, or just by not making claims, and using it every year...

Thanks,
Deepak
What do you mean by "I make use of it" Do mean making a claim?

See if you claim Ncb becomes 0% you have to start all over again...
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Insurance claim? Pay a little extra and retain your No-Claim Bonus! parrys Indian Car Loans & Insurance 9 1st May 2016 22:39
Insurance premiums vs claims - Would 'Self Insurance' be cheaper for you? GTO Indian Car Loans & Insurance 46 28th February 2016 15:38
Car Insurance - Possible NCB (No Claim Bonus) Loophole? koshyjohnuk Indian Car Loans & Insurance 57 7th January 2015 19:26
Insurance and No Claim Bonus vennarbank Indian Car Loans & Insurance 9 18th September 2006 12:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:34.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks