Go Back   Team-BHP > Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2018, 19:52   #931
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 19
Thanked: 62 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: How to buy a *USED* Car in India

Experts,

I'm being offered a start of year 2013 i10 Asta petrol with 19000 on the odo for 335000 Rs., seems the car is in good condition.

How does this deal sound? Any pointers? Thanks.
Relax&Cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2018, 23:24   #932
BHPian
 
petrolhead_chn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Hmmm
Posts: 299
Thanked: 145 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relax&Cruise View Post
Experts,



I'm being offered a start of year 2013 i10 Asta petrol with 19000 on the odo for 335000 Rs., seems the car is in good condition.



How does this deal sound? Any pointers? Thanks.

Have you referred Indian blue book? Of course few ads from olx will give you a good benchmark to begin with. All the best.
petrolhead_chn is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2018, 12:24   #933
BHPian
 
Mission_PGPX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 223
Thanked: 300 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Dear Forum members,
I am in the market for a hatchback for my father. He is not fond of sedans, he likes smaller powerful car with reasonably good build quality. Current car he drives is Getz petrol, which is now 10 years old. The new GT TSI is priced at 10.6 lacs on road in ahmedabad. Today i came across this sparingly used Feb-2018 red GT TSI with 10000 kms on ODO. Manufacturing is Dec-2017. Dealer is asking for 8.75 lacs, which is slightly negotiable. We plan to trade off our Getz with this, which will fetch abour 1 lac or 1.25 lac max, considering a specially cared bhpian car. What should be a sweet deal? Below are pics.
Attached Thumbnails
ARTICLE: How to buy a *USED* Car in India-interior.jpg  

ARTICLE: How to buy a *USED* Car in India-exterior.jpg  

ARTICLE: How to buy a *USED* Car in India-exterior1.jpg  

Mission_PGPX is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2018, 13:19   #934
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 546
Thanked: 497 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_PGPX View Post
Dealer is asking for 8.75 lacs, which is slightly negotiable. We plan to trade off our Getz with this, which will fetch abour 1 lac or 1.25 lac max, considering a specially cared bhpian car. What should be a sweet deal? Below are pics.
I cannot say what a sweet price is. But, as per my guess the dealer must have bought it for somewhere between 70-75%(7.4L-7.95L) of the OTR price. If you are content with the condition of the car and willing to buy, you may have to start negotiating from 7.5L.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2018, 18:36   #935
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 295
Thanked: 14 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: How to buy a *USED* Car in India

All,

Is the team-bhp orange book value accurate? I checked price for Corolla Altis 2015 JS trim. The price quoted is very low than what the seller is quoting here.
Also price calc doesnt seem to take location as input. So not sure whether I can rely on that.

I tried checking Indian blue book/ carwale also. It says it doesnt have price for that model :-(

Any help appreciated.

Thanks in Advance
druva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2018, 19:29   #936
Senior - BHPian
 
hserus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,290
Thanked: 2,695 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: How to buy a *USED* Car in India

Use the tbhp calculator price. Then check the price on carwale.com which is a dealer price. You will generally find that the price you end up paying is an average of these two prices, or thereabouts.

The seller will probably over-quote expecting that buyers will bargain.

If you don't have price for that trim on Carwale check for similar trims from another year and approximate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by druva View Post
All,

Is the team-bhp orange book value accurate? I checked price for Corolla Altis 2015 JS trim. The price quoted is very low than what the seller is quoting here.
Also price calc doesnt seem to take location as input. So not sure whether I can rely on that.

I tried checking Indian blue book/ carwale also. It says it doesnt have price for that model :-(

Any help appreciated.

Thanks in Advance
hserus is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ARTICLE: How to buy a *NEW* car in India GTO On buying a car 273 12th July 2018 23:25


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:13.

Copyright 2000 - 2018, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks