Go Back   Team-BHP > Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car

Old 8th May 2018, 12:18   #226
BHPian

Default Re: ARTICLE: Lease OR Loan? Which EMI is better for you

Now with the all the uncertainty about GAAR, wondering if the car-lease option really makes sense.

Planning to pick up a new Swift Zxi this year. Not sure if we should go for the company lease (finance lease) option that my wife's company provides or to just buy the car ourselves.

The lease option will take care of road tax and insurance. We have the money saved up to purchase the car outright without taking a loan. [We don't need to use that money for a down payment on a flat or any other appreciating asset/investment, as is usually suggested.] Going by our past habits, we'll almost certainly hang on to the car for more than 5 years.

I'm tending towards the outright purchase option.
am1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2018, 16:54   #227
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: ARTICLE: Lease OR Loan? Which EMI is better for you

How do such schemes work? Looks desirable but do I hear a balloon repayment?

http://www.volkswagenfinancialservices.co.in/audichoice
itwasntme is online now   Reply With Quote