Go Back   Team-BHP > Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car

Old 29th May 2017, 19:38   #361
BHPian

Default Re: ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
hows about underbody coating?.
I'm planning to get it done @ 3M Car Care store in Hyderabad. Most likely will go for the underbody coating with 5 years warranty and the paint sealant treatment.
samkat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2018, 01:14   #362
BHPian

I am planning to procure a couple of accessories for my car(2010 Estilo). Can someone point to some reliable shops around Electronic City or Meenakshi mall, Bangalore?

1. Parking sensor with distance display
2. Seat covers
3. Fog lamps

Since it's a 7 year old car( only 30k kms on odo), Don't wanna spend too much. Just basic functional ones should do.

Last edited by SoumenD : 17th April 2018 at 01:15.
SoumenD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2018, 08:19   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post

1. Parking sensor with distance display
For parking sensors you can order on Aliexpress and get them installed by a local electrician, it is a simple job and the sensors are very cheap as well. I ordered a set and they have been working perfectly. Here is the link to the product I ordered :

Car Auto Parktronic LED Parking Sensor With 4 Sensors Reverse Backup Car Parking Radar Monitor Detector System Backlight Display
http://s.aliexpress.com/MfYjmu67?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard

Alternatively,

Viecar Car LED Parking Sensor Kit 4 Sensors 22mm Backlight Display Reverse Backup Radar Monitor System 12V 8 Colors
http://s.aliexpress.com/reIZbEB7?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard

These ones are available in almost all colours.

Hope this helps.
Mr.mitsuvolk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2018, 08:27   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.mitsuvolk View Post
For parking sensors you can order on Aliexpress and get them installed by a local electrician, it is a simple job and the sensors are very cheap as well. I ordered a set and they have been working perfectly. Here is the link to the product I ordered :

Car Auto Parktronic LED Parking Sensor With 4 Sensors Reverse Backup Car Parking Radar Monitor Detector System Backlight Display
http://s.aliexpress.com/MfYjmu67?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard

Alternatively,

Viecar Car LED Parking Sensor Kit 4 Sensors 22mm Backlight Display Reverse Backup Radar Monitor System 12V 8 Colors
http://s.aliexpress.com/reIZbEB7?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard

These ones are available in almost all colours.

Hope this helps.
Hey mitsuvolk,

Thanks for link. But how difficult is to get this installed, as 4 sensors are to be installed on the bumper, will they drill the bumper. Planning for my old Corolla.

KK
KK_HakunaMatata is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2018, 09:08   #365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Hey mitsuvolk,

Thanks for link. But how difficult is to get this installed, as 4 sensors are to be installed on the bumper, will they drill the bumper. Planning for my old Corolla.

KK
It is very simple. Yes the bumper will be drilled but the drill bit corresponding to the size of the sensors is provided by the Aliexpress seller along with the sensors so you need not worry about it. Nothing will look out of place after the installation of sensors. You can take the sensors to any accessories shop and they will happily install them for you at a nominal cost.

Another suggestion : you can ask the installer to install the digital distance display on top of the IRVM, it looks neat and is very helpful while reversing as both the IRVM and the sensor display fall in your line of vision.
Mr.mitsuvolk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2018, 09:13   #366
BHPian

For these type of sensor quoted in the above link, the bumper needs to be drilled at 4 places and these sensors will be inserted. If the body color does not match, this will be very visible. When I did it for my corolla, i just went in for a rear camera with a 4"TFT display at the front. This way, the small little camera can be installed/hidden and you get a clean video output, but no sound though. It was perfect for me.

Search key at Aliexpress - Rear Camera with monitor

Swami
swami69 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote